Football LXX - Chihuahuas Rising

Zoë Sumra

I can't quite see how a Redzone type channel would work with soccer? I wouldn't think the pace of the game would allow for it to be as effective as with football. I mean, it would work for corners and PKs and whatnot. But I can't see how it would work with non-set pieces.

I can't quite see how a Redzone type channel would work with soccer? I wouldn't think the pace of the game would allow for it to be as effective as with football. I mean, it would work for corners and PKs and whatnot. But I can't see how it would work with non-set pieces.

It would have to run a bit behind time to be truly effective, basically give you almost-up-to-the-minute replays of goals, penalties, and other major events.

It would have to run a bit behind time to be truly effective, basically give you almost-up-to-the-minute replays of goals, penalties, and other major events.

Mostly what SerFelix said. It'll probably focus on the most important game with cuts to all the different games as things happens. A key save in the Everton game then move to a missed opportunity in the Arsenal game then move to a goal scoring tackle in the City game and so on. It's essentially a real time highlight show of all the games.

They legally can't do that in the UK on a Saturday afternoon and most of the big matches are scheduled not to clash on other days so I don't think it'd have a great deal of value to do something like that on most days other than the final day of the season. It doesn't particularly bother me as I don't like the whole redzone thing mostly anyway.

Someone quoted this but they just said it came from "you know where" (I'm guessing BigSoccer) and hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

MLS fans? HHAHAA, I am sorry that must be a sad place to be. An MLS fan is defined by being insecure and lacking a sophisticated football upbringing. Don’t get me wrong I root for the MLS as it is a good developmental league for US players but let us be real anyone with a reasonable football pedigree in their youth will of course be more attracted to the world’s leagues. I think my professor from at Vanderbilt said it best – he was a continentalist – when he noted that the MLS is akin to Budweiser. The people that drink it are happy enough but that is because they are not of the genetic or social stock to know any better. In general I think he is right and it was eye opening to hear from someone who was so intelligent – this man had a PhD, no dummy. I wish the MLS the best but it will for some time be a bad American beer when compared to appropriate Ales and Lagers. I think most MLS fans know this however and just like to be contrarian. I was a cracker of a player in my time and probably easily could have made MLS but decided to pursue a future in the intellectual and creative arts. If MLS had been stronger I may have pursued my sporting gifts longer.

Cavan9, I assure you lad that not only have you even sniffed the level of play I have obtained, your eye for talent is not even in the same league for me. If you cannot afford TIVO I am sorry, no one need to wake up at 7am to watch better football, however, those of us who are captains of society are up at that hour anyway. Warm beer and ales? It is not 1592 in Edinburgh, those of us of European pedigree long ago mastered the art of refrigeration. You are a good blue collar fan and that is commendable but your genetic affinity for the game nor your pedigree puts you at the level I have within the game.

Curious what people think about this story. Apparently former FIFA executive Jerome Champagne is worried that European football could be become as imbalanced as the NBA. Does this guy actually have any idea what he's talking about?

European football is already incredibly more imbalanced than the NBA.

Must always assume that anyone who is or was high up in FIFA is talking out of their hat

If Palace can finish this off, I'll feel so much better about Arsenal's CL hopes. Everton will likely drop points to one of the Manchester's (or Southampton) so this might put a fork in them, especially with Ramsey, Kos, Ozil back for Arsenal and a relatively easy fixture list ahead.

We seem to be shit today.

My predictions of implosion comes true.. It's the end of the world, I tells you!

Edit: When you're losing, you are allowed a bit of complaining, right? Well, there's one thing that has been bothering me about our system this season. When we're crossing in after attacing with a little speed, no-one attacks the space between goalkeeper and defenders. Well over 90% of those crosses simply sail across, and perhaps - perhaps the back on the other side picks it up near the corner flag.

We need more agression is what I'm saying. Attack that space.

Archived