I feel really disturbed when ...

apovsic

Frey Pies were hilarious.

So were Jaime's comments about the fare at Harrenhal, 'too much roast goat,' for young Manderly and 'anything but goat' for him when placing his own dinner order. I laughed my ass off.

For me, things most disturbing were that story of The Mountain and the guys at the Inn. Most things with the Mountain. It's hard sometimes, too, to read of the things Ramsey does to Jeyne and to Theon. Although, I do get chuckles at Reek's sense of humor sometimes and his own inner dialogue.

ETA: And the absolute awfulness of Biter's attack on Brienne, shudder worthy that is.

When I look at my own children who are close in age to children in the books living through (and/or turning into horrors) because of the world they live in.

I look at my almost-4-year-old and imagine him losing his father and two siblings, then mother, then another sibling, then everything he's ever known, all within the span of a year or so. It makes me sick.

I look at my almost 8 year old and imagine him seeing the things Arya has seen and been forced to do for her own survival.

My two 13 year olds having been raised by a psycho mother and utterly indifferent father with The Hound as a companion and being expected to come out normal and rule wisely and justly - and when they fail and are murdered, the only person to be sad about it is the psycho mother.

My 16 and 19 year old sons and realize that Robb was expected to shoulder the responsibility for basically a small nation by the age of the first and never reached the age of the second.

My sweet beautiful innocent 20 year old daughter going to nursing school and planning her wedding to a wonderful young man, while Sansa much younger is left to fend for herself, friendless, parentless and only seen as a pawn by everyone around her.

Pretty much all the children disturb me. I understand that this is a world where people grow up faster out of necessity and are considered adults at much younger ages than ours. That doesn't stop me from being horrified when I look at my seven and imagine what life could easily have held for them if they had not won the grand world history powerball lottery in terms of where and when they were born.

It disturbs me when I see anyone cheer about Joff's murder or gloss over anything that happens to children in the books. Did I like him, no. Was his character despicable, yes. Was it his fault he was raised as he was, hell no.

It's a bit extreme. If someone besides a Stark supporter did that people would be pretty disgusted with it.

I actually think it's more about who it was done to, not the fact that it was a Stark supporter doing it, IMO, anyway. I'd be a okay with someone doing that to the Mountain.........that'd feed lots of starving people, come to think of it. :cool4:

I'm disturbed when rape scenes occur

I'm disturbed when I think about, what was done to Robb's body

I'm disturbed when Ramsay is around.

I'm disturbed, with the horror Theon went through.

I'm disturbed when I think about; the man, husband, father and king, Robert became.

I'm disturbed how people over the age of 17; can so easily discuss Sansa, losing her virginity.

Are you equally disturbed by Stannis employing a man who gets off on torturing women? Because if your not, that seems a tad inconsistent.

Are you equally disturbed by Dany when she burns someone and when compared to Stannis burning someone. Because if you're not, that seems a tad inconsistent.

Archived