Many Asses on the Throne

Hippocras

So what we know:

1.There is some sort of conflict brewing that involves three queens. Two of those queens are almost certainly Cersei and Margery, but the third is less certain.

2. Prophesy says Cersei will see all of her children crowned, and then all will die before she is killed by her brother.

3. There will be some kind of Dance of Dragons.

4. Euron is supposed to be a major threat at some point to Danaerys.

5. Stannis is a king with no shadow (legacy) who Mel has seen occupying the throne somehow at some point. Also, that Stannis tends to prevail in the harshest circumstances, so he should not be counted out.

6. There will be a War for the Dawn which will terrify everyone and make them realize how stupid all their bickering has been. This may include a greyscale epidemic in the South, some kind of stone beast, magic horns, a kraken and the scary stuff beyond the Wall. Stannis is the best placed prospective king to do something about this last and most serious war.

Based on this, my predicted sequence of Throne occupants:

3Q will see the throne pass from Tommen and Margery to Myrcella, then through her to fAegon. I could say Arianne, but if so I don't see how Myrcella would ever be queen, and I rather suspect fAegon and Dorne will use Myrcella's claim to take KL.

DoD will see the death of fAegon and the throne will pass to Euron, because he manages via Victarion to lure or capture Daenerys and/or her dragons, or because he raises a stone beast or has some other sorcery move to make. But if Euron gets the dragons Tyrion will play wild card once again, and eventually help free Daenerys and/or her dragons.

In the middle of this the greyscale epidemic, Others invasion and whatever sorcery Euron has up his sleeve will break loose, causing general horror.

Stannis will eventually prevail against these horrors, putting him on the throne after defeating Euron, with help from Jon, and probably several other characters. He had to work very hard for his coalition though, and none of them love him as king. Also, Shireen may be dead, leaving him with no heir.

Then a grand council will be called among coalition members to choose an heir for Stannis. They will choose Jon, hero of the war against the Others and already friend to Tyrion (Westerlands), Stannis (Stormlands) and no doubt very soon Asha Greyjoy (Iron Islands) and "brother" to Sansa (Vale) and Bran (North). I am sure he and Daenerys will get along also whenever they finally meet, and his Mormont connection will no doubt play a role in that. Also word of Jon's activities has already passed via Sam (Reach) to Sarella (Dorne).

Tommen -> Myrcella -> Aegon -> Euron -> Stannis -> Jon

If Stannis is alive at the end of this hypothetical scenario he will choose his own heir. A council is only called when there is no legitimate heir about and no one to legitimise one.

Right, but because the very scary war for the Dawn will be won by a coalition (in this scenario) the question of succession will be entirely up for grabs, with no clear heir at all, and no established rules for determining one. Stannis is from one defeated royal house, Daenerys another. Neither one would put themselves below the other, but they might agree on Jon. As would Tyrion.

If Stannis is alive at the end of this hypothetical scenario he will choose his own heir. A council is only called when there is no legitimate heir about and no one to legitimise one.

I figured hippocras was indicating Shireen succumbs to her greyscale.

Mace! How on earth would that happen?

Mace sits his ass on the Throne while Tommen is still King, just like Eddard did for Robert while he was out hunting.

He's not exactly the King, he just has the power of one.

Mace sits his ass on the Throne while Tommen is still King, just like Eddard did for Robert while he was out hunting.

He's not exactly the King, he just has the power of one.

Ah I see. Well I was not really count Hand asses, but that is a point.

I think Euron will take the throne. My crazy theory goes, Cersei offers him Myrcella for helping defeat Aegon, Euron defeats Aegon possibly Killing him, Euron marries Myrcella, Slits Tommen's throat making him King. Euron will mistreat Myrcella, so Cersei in her deeping madness will poisen her daughter, forcing a devastated Jaime to kill Cersei.

Daenerys will arrive to take Kings Landing, Euron will burn it to the ground.

I see Euron being a pawn of the Others, causing as much chaos in the south as possible.

I call Mace > Aegon > Dany > No Throne.

This is what I've thought too. Definitely think Aegon, real or fake, will get the IT at some point, and in the end I don't see one throne to rule 7 kingdoms anymore. If Dany lives, I could see her dissolving it.

I call Mace > Aegon > Dany > No Throne.

Another problem here is Myrcella is never crowned in this scenario and we know she will be. Unless you agree she will be crowned as part of Aegon's move on KL?

As for Dany, I am getting more and more convinced she hates ruling and with a good ruler she is willing to back as well as a clear alternative, she would abdicate all claims. I see her ending up happily on Dragonstone. Or maybe Dorne.

Archived