Many Asses on the Throne

Hippocras

I feel strongly that if we're allowing Asses to take the crown we need to make it equine equality and allow Donkeys. Hinneys, Mules & regular horses to be considered for the throne too.

OOh and don't forget Zebra's / Zorses.

Sorry, I'll get my coat.....

I feel strongly that if we're allowing Asses to take the crown we need to make it equine equality and allow Donkeys. Hinneys, Mules & regular horses to be considered for the throne too.

OOh and don't forget Zebra's / Zorses. ..

I don't see why not. All in favour?

Well I don't think he will have that chance.

This theory ignores the significant fact that the Faith Millitant has completely flooded King's Landing. There are reasons to suspect they may be aligned with Varys, and therefore that Margery will lose her trial, by design, after they had given the Tyrells a false sense of security.

Then when that is done, Myrcella will finally arrive in KL with an army of Dornish. Tommen will promptly die.

Well I don't think he will have that chance.

This theory ignores the significant fact that the Faith Millitant has completely flooded King's Landing. There are reasons to suspect they may be aligned with Varys, and therefore that Margery will lose her trial, by design, after they had given the Tyrells a false sense of security.

Then when that is done, Myrcella will finally arrive in KL with an army of Dornish. Tommen will promptly die.

All the reason for Mace and Tarly to grab what power they can and take the throne. I believe Mace has a pretty sizable force with him in the capital, and he won't stand by the throne and simply stare at it with his daughter's life potentially being forfeit due to a scheme. Mace won't allow Myrcella to slowly make her way up from Dorne to take the throne when it is just sitting there with a nine year old boy playing with his kittens by it. I don't think he will hold it for long, but I think he has a very realistic chance to be the next one to take the throne.

All the reason for Mace and Tarly to grab what power they can and take the throne. I believe Mace has a pretty sizable force with him in the capital, and he won't stand by the throne and simply stare at it with his daughter's life potentially being forfeit due to a scheme. Mace won't allow Myrcella to slowly make her way up from Dorne to take the throne when it is just sitting there with a nine year old boy playing with his kittens by it. I don't think he will hold it for long, but I think he has a very realistic chance to be the next one to take the throne.

But he is about to lose half of his army to fAegon. I rather suspect that Tarly is not loyal to Mace. Plenty of other families in the Reach certainly have questionable loyalty. Mace won't be able to do a thing about it when half his army turns on him to support fAegon while another significant portion are fighting to defend Oldtown and Highgarden.

But he is about to lose half of his army to fAegon. I rather suspect that Tarly is not loyal to Mace. Plenty of other families in the Reach certainly have questionable loyalty. Mace won't be able to do a thing about it when half his army turns on him to support fAegon while another significant portion are fighting to defend Oldtown and Highgarden.

I'm pretty sure Mace brought the vast majority of his army from Storm's End. I'm not saying that Mace will sit the throne for very long. He's not very smart but he is an opportunist and will take whatever power he can grab. I completely agree that Aegon will be the king sooner than later, but I think Mace will beat him to it. And yeah, Garlan surely has a sizable force with him in the Reach dealing with the Ironmen; however, the Reach has probably the largest army of all seven regions, and can afford to split up the host without weakening one side.

I'm pretty sure Mace brought the vast majority of his army from Storm's End. I'm not saying that Mace will sit the throne for very long. He's not very smart but he is an opportunist and will take whatever power he can grab. I completely agree that Aegon will be the king sooner than later, but I think Mace will beat him to it. And yeah, Garlan surely has a sizable force with him in the Reach dealing with the Ironmen; however, the Reach has probably the largest army of all seven regions, and can afford to split up the host without weakening one side.

...assuming his bannermen stay loyal. But I doubt that.

His army is merely a grouping of banner men. Historically, half of those families were Blackfyre supporters. They will jump to fAegon the minute he declares.

...assuming his bannermen stay loyal. But I doubt that.

His army is merely a grouping of banner men. Historically, half of those families were Blackfyre supporters. They will jump to fAegon the minute he declares.

Assuming that he acknowledges that he's a Blackfyre and not a Targ. I suppose that all it would take would be a memo from Varys of his true background, but we shall see.

Assuming that he acknowledges that he's a Blackfyre and not a Targ. I suppose that all it would take would be a memo from Varys of his true background, but we shall see.

Don't think he can acknowledge something he doesn't know. And at this point they might figure any Targ is better than no Targ.

Don't think he can acknowledge something he doesn't know. And at this point they might figure any Targ is better than no Targ.

I agree. It won't matter. Point is they are not too picky about his legitimacy, and nor are they particularly loyal to the Tyrells. When fAegon takes Storm's End and Margery loses her trial fAegon will look like a winner worth backing.

I agree. It won't matter. Point is they are not too picky about his legitimacy, and nor are they particularly loyal to the Tyrells. When fAegon takes Storm's End and Margery loses her trial fAegon will look like a winner worth backing.

Out of curiosity, why do you think Marg is going to be found guilty? The evidence against her seems to be completely fabricated.

Out of curiosity, why do you think Marg is going to be found guilty? The evidence against her seems to be completely fabricated.

Because I think the trials were possibly designed to disrupt the current power structure and clear the way for fAegon. Cersei will likely win, but without any allies it won't matter. It is the Tyrell power that needs to be disrupted somehow.

Because I think the trials were possibly designed to disrupt the current power structure and clear the way for fAegon. Cersei will likely win, but without any allies it won't matter. It is the Tyrell power that needs to be disrupted somehow.

That'd be interesting...the High Sparrow is certainly playing at something. Marg and the Tyrells seemed like poster children for the Faith, which is why I figured she'd get off, but I like the idea of something more nefarious going on over there.

I think it will be as it was before Aegon Landing.So we have Harren(Euron) devastating the Crownlands/Reach(Riverrun is alrdy devastated).We could see another alliance vs the Dragon whichever that may be (Aegon/Daenerys).Westerlands+Vale or Westerlands+Dorne.I think the North will be the last to "bend" again or at least the last to be taken into the new realm(to be dealt with).

It could be that The Tower of Oldtown would be the equivalent to Harrenhal..I see Euron getting very powerful.It wouldve been very interesting to know what were the relations between the Westerlands,Vale,Stormlands with Harren.Anyway Euron will be the first great Opposer to the Dragon.

My guess:

Tommen - (Myrcella) - Aegon - (Dany) - Euron - Great Council

I admit, I'm mainly putting Myrcella there because of the prophecy, but I have trouble imagining the logistics of her crowning. The Martells might want to play their cards close to the vest and allow for her to succeed Tommen, if he dies early enough in Winds, only to sell her out to Aegon the moment he knocks on King's Landing's doors. But to be honest, I'd be somewhat surprised if she reaches King's Landing (for what it's worth, I think they're sending another girl hidden under that veil who will fall victim to a bandit attack - Doran might find it useful to reveal Myrcella's continued existence as a Martell hostage once he has declared for Aegon).

Marrying Myrcella off to Euron is another plausible option. It would require Cersei to get her away from Martell influence (which is doubtful, I think; why would the Martells let that happen?) and be really, really desperate. Remember her distaste for a marriage alliance with the Greyjoys when Tywin suggested the idea? I don't doubt she'll be desperate enough at some point, but I suspect at this stage Myrcella will be already dead (at least as far as Cersei knows).

My best case scenario for Myrcella is that she remains a Martell hostage through all of this - maybe "gold will be their crowns" just refers to the blond hair? Or maybe the crown Arianne's plot reserved for her already counts?

But it really depends on whether Tommen dies before or after Dorne declares for Aegon.

At any rate, the Lannisters are going to lose King's Landing one way or another and Aegon will waltz in fairly unchallenged. I don't think the Tyrells would put up much of a fight once Tommen is lost, whether they still have Marg or not. If they are smart, they play nice with Aegon, retreat to High Garden, focus on driving Euron off the Reach and sit out the next round of the game to lick their wounds.

Cersei hightails it to Casterly Rock. (There's the question when she'll set wildfire to King's Landing, which is also a thing that will probably happen, but I'm not sure it's quite time for that yet. Maybe when Cersei returns as Euron's wife... or maybe Cersei becomes Aegon's prisoner and only escapes when Dany takes King's Landing from Aegon and that's when Cersei burns it down as a parting gift. Or maybe she doesn't escape and is mercy-killed by Jaime or Tyrion before the flames reach her. Everyone would blame it on Dany's dragons, when in truth, the wildfire did most of the job. Seems like something Martin might do.)

Aegon will be immensely popular with the smallfolk and Dany will be universally reviled when she declares him a Blackfyre pretender and he's killed in combat.

But I'm not sure Dany will take the time to have herself crowned - the moment Aegon is taken care off, there will be probably news of the Icezombie-Apocalypse in the North, and Dany will pull a Stannis and realize that queenship is a duty, not a right. Yeah, I know, lots of people want her to go mad/cartoon villain, but I really think Aegon's death will be her darkest moment and then she'll rediscover her Messiah complex and team up with whoever organizes the last line of defense of humanity in the Riverlands/at Harrenhal (my money's on Jon. And Stannis, should he still be alive and sane at that point. But let's face it, someone has to be the Night's King and unless the Others are just misunderstood, it's not going to be Jon.)

And this will probably involve sacrificing King's Landing and her claim to the throne to Euron, who'll sweep in to take it instead. I have no idea yet who'll rid us of him. Littlefinger seems to be poised to be taken down by Sansa, Varys by Arya, Ramsay by Theon (and/or Jon Snow), Cersei by Jaime/or Tyrion, Gregor by Sandor, but Euron? Personally, I hope he and Victarion or Aeron end up killing each other, but I can't see any forshadowing of anything yet, apart from a general Greyjoy affinity for kinslaying. (That said, I have also no idea who will take care of Roose. Fingers crossed for Nymeria.)

At the end of all this, the Red Keep will be in ruins, and the Iron Throne half melted by wildfyre/dragon fyre and stuff. If Dany survives, she probably won't want it any longer at this point. If Jon survives, he won't want it either - Targaryan lineage or not, there's never been any indication that he would want it. I feel the odds that Stannis has survived are pretty slim. So a Great Council it will be. And it might just choose whatever House still has the most economically stable home-base at that point. Because there will be a lot of rebuilding to be done - more than can be achieved with Iron Bank loans. (The Iron Bank too will probably have quite a bit of a say in this, and they too will probably agitate for the candidate with the best hope of eventually repaying debts.) That's where the Tyrells might shine again (if they managed to stay largely out of the second Dance). Maybe that Sansa/Willas marriage comes to pass after all.

There is nothing pointing to Euron being a major threat to Dany. How can he be? He lost the dragonhorn to take her dragons away, and all his warships of the Iron Fleet are with her. Euron has only a small army limited in effectiveness only to the coasts whereas the mainland is where most the fighting will be.

I think Jaime may sit on the IT if Cersei names him Hand, and possibly Cersei herself, who would be the biggest ass on the IT. Myrcella might sit the IT as well. I have doubts over whether Aegon might sit the IT.

Archived