Will House Baratheon survive?

Mr. Kraken

Simply he doesn't know for all he knew he could be Jon's. Is stupid to believe that someone can read minds and know why others do what they done or to claim that if someone does not magically know other people's motives is dump. Simple as that. You calim that Gendry should read people minds to know why the do what they die.

Also when it comes to me please keep your snide comments about my number of posts to yourself.

I think Gendry is aware it's a possibility, but that one memory he has of Robert makes him not want to be bothered with it. A lot of Robert's bastards know that they could be Robert's bastards, but Edric's the only one who cares.

No offence but this is kinda, very, silly.

I disagree. Shireen could marry one of her bannermen and she could had passed her name like Anya did.

If you're talking about Anya Waynwood we don't know who her husband is/ was, but presumably someone not in line to inherit anything, since you don't just give away your family name for a marriage like that if you're the one supposed to pass it further. He might well have been a third or fourth (or even fifth or sixth) son of either a Waynwood bannerman or a lord with the same status as the Waynwoods. Basically someone not supposed to carry the House to the next generation, thus making a matrilnear match possible. He might also have been a cousin or a nephew of some house. What he wasn't was an heir high in the succession line, because then a matrilinear marriage wouldn't happen.

I think Gendry is aware it's a possibility, but that one memory he has of Robert makes him not want to be bothered with it. A lot of Robert's bastards know that they could be Robert's bastards, but Edric's the only one who cares.

I do believe that many people could believe that they were Robert's but belief doesn't make them Robert's.

If you're talking about Anya Waynwood we don't know who her husband is/ was, but presumably someone not in line to inherit anything, since you don't just give away your family name for a marriage like that if you're the one supposed to pass it further. He might well have been a third or fourth (or even fifth or sixth) son of either a Waynwood bannerman or a lord with the same status as the Waynwoods. Basically someone not supposed to carry the House to the next generation, thus making a matrilnear match possible. He might also have been a cousin or a nephew of some house. What he wasn't was an heir high in the succession line, because then a matrilinear marriage wouldn't happen.

I agree. So I do believe that Shireen can do the same.

If bastards can just be pulled out of a hat to save a House from dying out then we're friggin never going to see a Great House go extinct.

I'm sure some Tyrell has a couple of bastards running around Highgarden or Oldtown. Similar with the Baratheons.

Damn. There goes my hope for a bit of a shakeup in the Great House dynamics down South.

I don't think anyone knows about Gendry, other than Jon Arryn - who is dead and of course Varys and Cersei. But no one who would care once those two are deposed.

Obviously Varys and Cersei are everyone.

No Gendry should take a look in the mirror...Robert Baratheon's visage as King was not unknown in KL for the past 15/17 years...again "as dumb as a stump" or naivete to the nth degree

Because of course Gendry had seen Robert when he was 15.

Do we know anything of Harbert Baratheon (Uncle to Steffon) and his progeny?

We technically don't even know if he was a Baratheon.

I still cling to hope that Shireen survives. If not, Edric can be legitimized. With at least 10 bastards still running around, even if they're not in power, House Baratheon will survive in some way.

I think Stannis also knew of Gendry, via Jon Arryn. He was part of the reason for declaring Joffrey a bastard.

However there are 13 Bastards by Robert.

Mya, Bella (assumed), Gendry, Edrik, Barra now dead, twins probably dead, this leaves 6 unknown little Baratheons. However most will be quite young. There is probably one in the North somewhere. Probably captured by Boltons.

Archived