Jon’s queen ~ Adding all foreshadowings up.

Jon's Queen Consort

I am trying to make a list of foreshadowings about possible Queens for Jon.

Val:

Val stood beside him, tall and fair. They had crowned her with a simple circlet of dark bronze, yet she looked more regal in bronze than Stannis did in gold.
Then Ghost emerged from between two trees, with Val beside him. They look as though they belong together.
You have my word, Lord Snow. I will be a proper wildling princess for your queen.

Dany:

A blue flower grew from a chink in a wall of ice, and filled the air with sweetness.

Sansa: from here

She pushed two of her snowballs together, added a third, packed more snow in around them

Arya:

Different roads sometimes lead to the same castle
By Ice Turtle from here here

To add something...

1, You will marry a king

I agree that "you will marry a king" sounds awkward from Ned at the time, but for me that means strong point towards foreshadowing. Otherwise, why keep the line at all?

There are few other, though more arguable:

2. Kissing

… all but this one, this one-eared black devil of a tomcat. “That’s the real king of this castle right there,” one of the gold cloaks had told her. “Older than sin and twice as mean. One time, the king was feasting the queen’s father, and that black bastard hopped up on the table and snatched a roast quail right out of Lord Tywin’s fingers.

about the same cat:

Ever so fast, she kissed him right between the eyes,

Jon is thrice called black bastard in the books. By Tormund, Ratlleshirt and some unnamed man in Braavos. Only one other character is called by the same nickname and only once and that is Yoren when Rorge finds out that Arya is a girl. And actually Arya and sexuality are involved in the same sentence:

Yoren’s little cunt,” he called her. “Guess we know why that black bastard wanted you on the Wall, don’t we?”

So far Arya kissed someone in the series three times. Never in a sexual fashion, but I still think that the list is suggestive. In AGoT she showers Jon with kisses and kisses a cat called the black bastard, in AFfC she kisses The Kindly Man while he wears a face of a corpse. Sort of she kisses a dead man. A lot of people think that Jon will die or at least "die" and if there is a one female comfortable to have a voluntary relationship with a dead man, it's Arya.

3, swords and coats of arms

Jon shrugged. “Girls get the arms but not the swords. Bastards get the swords but not the arms. I did not make the rules, little sister.”

But Jon gives Arya a sword and I believe that one day he might get the "coat of arms" he always wished for at least for his children if they marry. Then there is also compassion with another scene where a woman gets a sword from a man and it's Brienne and Jaime. In this case some romantic feelings are clearly involved. Ironically the sword is one of two pieces which were made from Ice. Interesting is that Jaime has never gavea sword to Cersei, even when she has wished for it, though truthfully I am not sure how to interpret that.

4, Jon's taste in women:

Ygritte (is compared to Arya awfully lot):

grabbing the man by the hair and jamming the point of the knife up under his chin as he reached for his—no, her—

His hand froze. “A girl.”

“A watcher,” said Stonesnake. “A wildling. Finish her.”

Jon could see fear and fire in her eyes. Blood ran down her white throat from where the point of his dirk had pricked her. One thrust and it’s done, he told himself. He was so close he could smell onion on her breath. She is no older than I am. Something about her made him think of Arya, though they looked nothing at all alike.

She looked plump as she crouched there, but most of that was layers of fur and wool and leather. Underneath all that she could be as skinny as Arya.

She wasn’t wed and her weapon of choice was a short curved bow of horn and weirwood, but “spearwife” fit her all the same. She reminded him a little of his sister Arya, though Arya was younger and probably skinnier. It was hard to tell how plump or thin Ygritte might be, with all the furs and skins she wore.

“If you kill a man, and never mean t’, he’s just as dead,” Ygritte said stubbornly. Jon had never met anyone so stubborn, except maybe for his little sister Arya.

Val (is attractive because she is lovely, lonely ...and lethal) :

Val stood on the tower roof, gazing up at the Wall. Stannis kept her closely penned in rooms above his own, but he did allow her to walk the battlements for exercise. She looks lonely, Jon thought. Lonely, and lovely. Ygritte had been pretty in her own way, with her red hair kissed by fire, but it was her smile that made her face come alive. Val did not need to smile; she would have turned men’s heads in any court in the wide world.

All the same, the wildling princess was not beloved of her gaolers. She scorned them all as “kneelers,” and had thrice attempted to escape. When one man-at-arms grew careless in her presence she had snatched his dagger from its sheath and stabbed him in the neck. Another inch to the left and he might have died.

Lonely and lovely and lethal, Jon Snow reflected, and I might have had her.

Why not? thought Jon. They are all convinced she is a princess. Val looked the part and rode as if she had been born on horseback. A warrior princess, he decided, not some willowy creature who sits up in a tower, brushing her hair and waiting for some knight to rescue her.

Alys (sometimes reminds Jon of guess who.., thought probably not as much as Ygritee. He marries her to Sigorn after all.)

she does look a bit like Arya, Jon thought. Starved and skinny, but her hair’s the same color, and her eyes.

The girl smiled in a way that reminded Jon so much of his little sister that it almost broke his heart.

She rubbed away a tear angrily, the way Arya might have done it.

4, Little sister

Jon is very likely a Targeryen or at least a Targ bastard, though he is unaware of the fact. If he is calling some female "sister" It's a foreshadowing of itself.

Shireen: from here by Paper Waver

Just the distaste of GRRM about how Aragorn got the hottest chick as his queen and ruled wisely for more than a century is enough to keep me out of Jon-Val train. Jon should have a homely princess and Shireen is the one and only candidate.

“Are you the wildling princess?” Shireen asked Val.

“Some call me that,” said Val. “My sister was wife to Mance Rayder, the King-Beyond-the-Wall. She died giving him a son.”

“I’m a princess too,” Shireen announced, “but I never had a sister. I used to have a cousin once, before he sailed away. He was just a bastard, but I liked him.”

“Honestly, Shireen,” her mother said. “I am sure the lord commander did not come to hear about Robert’s by-blows.

Prince Rhaegar shook his head. “My royal sire fears your father more than he does our cousin Robert.”

“Princess.” Jon inclined his head. Shireen was a homely child, made even uglier by the greyscale that had left her neck and part of her cheek stiff and grey and cracked. “My brothers and I are at your service,” he told the girl.

Shireen reddened. “Thank you, my lord.”

Note how much Shireen liked her cousin (Edric, the bastard of our cousin Robert) although he was a bastard. Well Jon is her cousin too and he was known as a bastard for most of his life. And Shireen liked him as well. By the way, Jon is mentioned by Selyse right after the bastard Shireen liked.

Once outside and well away from the queen’s men, Val gave vent to her wroth. “You lied about her beard. That one has more hair on her chin than I have between my legs. And the daughter … her face …”

Princess Shireen’s eyes went wide as dinner plates. “He’s a giant! A real true giant, like from the stories. But why does he talk so funny?”

“He only knows a few words of the Common Tongue as yet,” said Jon. “In their own land, giants speak the Old Tongue.”

“Can I touch him?”

Can I touch your giant? Can I play with your giant?

Update1:
Arianne: from here By tze

Parts of this have been posted elsewhere, but I'll stick them in here as well:

The sigil of House Martell includes a spear and a red sun. Jon's first love, Ygritte, was a spearwife. (Spearwives have been heavily associated with Starks and Winterfell---Osha, a spearwife, rescues Bran and Rickon, and Mance brings a group of spearwives into Winterfell to rescue "Arya"). When Jon finds Ghost in ASOS, right before the LC election, he says Ghost's "eyes caught the last light and shone like two great red suns."

In ADWD, when Jon is thinking about Val, he thinks of her as "A warrior princess . . . not some willowy creature who sits up in a tower, brushing her hair and waiting for some knight to rescue her." In AFFC, we have an Arianne chapter literally called "The Princess in the Tower". Arianne spends most of that chapter trying desperately to rescue herself from imprisonment in the Spear Tower. Arianne actually makes greater efforts to escape her tower imprisonment than Val does hers, thus fulfilling the spirit of Jon's declaration by, in a twisted way, adhering to the word of it (she's waiting for a knight to rescue her, yet she's doing her damnest to force the knights to come in the first place).

If R+L=J, then Jon was born in Dorne. Both he and Arianne would have had two siblings that they were not close to (for Arianne, Quentyn and Trystane, for Jon, Rhaenys and Aegon). Both would have been portrayed as being much closer to their cousins than to those siblings, to the point where those cousins essentially were their siblings---for Arianne, the Sand Snakes, for Jon, the Stark children. Moreover, when Arianne is imprisoned in the Spear Tower, she goes over her options and decides to seek help from Lord Fowler, the Warden of the Prince's Pass. The Tower of Joy, where Jon was almost certainly born, is located in the Prince's Pass.

In AFFC, Arianne has an affair with the "white knight" Ser Arys Oakheart. The Kingsguard's vows heavily parallel portions of the Night's Watch vows. House Oakheart is associated with trees, just like the Starks, and Arys and Arianne have this little convo in "The Soiled Knight" chapter

Arianne goes on to tell Arys about a way for him to be released from those vows. If Jon gets released from his vows, such that he would be in a position to marry, then the entire Arys Oakheart/Arianne affair would serve to foreshadow a relationship between Jon and Arianne.

Jon's favorite sister is Arya (and say "Arya" and "Arianne" aloud---the two names are extremely similar). Ghost's sister (Arya's direwolf) is Nymeria, who was named after Arianne Nymeros Martell's ancestor, the warrior queen Nymeria. Nymeria's star is white, the color of snow and one of the two Stark colors (and the same color as Ghost). When Jon was young, he idolized the Young Dragon, the guy who conquered Dorne---yet the whole point of the Young Dragon/Dareon II story seems to be that you cannot conquer Dorne . . . you marry it.

Ghost is known as the silent direwolf. In the Spear Tower, Arianne repeats, over and over, the fact that she is surrounded by silence.

Arianne is, frankly, heavily associated with bastards. She's closer to her bastard cousins than she is to her trueborn siblings. She apparently lost her virginity to Ser Daemon Sand, the Bastard of Godsgrace, who went so far as to ask her father for her hand in marriage.

Arianne told her father she wanted "a consort with teeth". When thinking about a former betrothal (to old Ben Beesbury), she thinks, kind of redundantly, about how "she could not be forced to marry him if he was dead". There seem to be heavy Jon-centric foreshadowings (given his direwolf and his stabbing in ADWD) in both statements.

What do you think about the list? What you would add?

PS: If you think that Jon will not end with someone good for you but I am looking for foreshadowings not personal opinions.

edit: added spoiler tags for length

She pushed two of her snowballs together, added a third, packed more snow in around them

Eww. (Though Sansa is "kissed by fire".)

Different roads sometimes lead to the same castle

I don't get this one.

You have my word, Lord Snow. I will be a proper wildling princess for your queen.

This one could also fit Jon marrying Selyse.

This one could also fit Jon marrying Selyse.

Haaa.

I'm hoping for a rather non-incestuous end to this whole thing, so I really hope it's not Sansa, Arya, or Dany. I don't see Shireen surviving to the end, so I guess by process of elimination that leaves Val? However, in terms of foreshadowing, I'm not sold on any of these.

Lollys. I think she will trigger his latent homosexual feelings for Sam, but Sam is with Gilly so Jon will know he can never have him so he takes the next best thing, Lollys, who will be recently widowed after Bronn somehow dies.

Lollys. I think she will trigger his latent homosexual feelings for Sam, but Sam is with Gilly so Jon will know he can never have him so he takes the next best thing, Lollys, who will be recently widowed after Bronn somehow dies.

if this happens I will not stop laughing

I don't think we've found out, or have any way of knowing her age, for that matter.

That's a pleasant surprise. I somehow had the idea that she was around 25 or thereabouts. Young in our world. Quite ancient compared to the main cast in Ice and Fire.

If it turns out she is actually 18, well, that would put her very much in 16 year old Jon's peer group.

What you would add?

tze's post about Jon/Arianne (from here):

Parts of this have been posted elsewhere, but I'll stick them in here as well:

The sigil of House Martell includes a spear and a red sun. Jon's first love, Ygritte, was a spearwife. (Spearwives have been heavily associated with Starks and Winterfell---Osha, a spearwife, rescues Bran and Rickon, and Mance brings a group of spearwives into Winterfell to rescue "Arya"). When Jon finds Ghost in ASOS, right before the LC election, he says Ghost's "eyes caught the last light and shone like two great red suns."

In ADWD, when Jon is thinking about Val, he thinks of her as "A warrior princess . . . not some willowy creature who sits up in a tower, brushing her hair and waiting for some knight to rescue her." In AFFC, we have an Arianne chapter literally called "The Princess in the Tower". Arianne spends most of that chapter trying desperately to rescue herself from imprisonment in the Spear Tower. Arianne actually makes greater efforts to escape her tower imprisonment than Val does hers, thus fulfilling the spirit of Jon's declaration by, in a twisted way, adhering to the word of it (she's waiting for a knight to rescue her, yet she's doing her damnest to force the knights to come in the first place).

If R+L=J, then Jon was born in Dorne. Both he and Arianne would have had two siblings that they were not close to (for Arianne, Quentyn and Trystane, for Jon, Rhaenys and Aegon). Both would have been portrayed as being much closer to their cousins than to those siblings, to the point where those cousins essentially were their siblings---for Arianne, the Sand Snakes, for Jon, the Stark children. Moreover, when Arianne is imprisoned in the Spear Tower, she goes over her options and decides to seek help from Lord Fowler, the Warden of the Prince's Pass. The Tower of Joy, where Jon was almost certainly born, is located in the Prince's Pass.

In AFFC, Arianne has an affair with the "white knight" Ser Arys Oakheart. The Kingsguard's vows heavily parallel portions of the Night's Watch vows. House Oakheart is associated with trees, just like the Starks, and Arys and Arianne have this little convo in "The Soiled Knight" chapter

Arianne goes on to tell Arys about a way for him to be released from those vows. If Jon gets released from his vows, such that he would be in a position to marry, then the entire Arys Oakheart/Arianne affair would serve to foreshadow a relationship between Jon and Arianne.

Jon's favorite sister is Arya (and say "Arya" and "Arianne" aloud---the two names are extremely similar). Ghost's sister (Arya's direwolf) is Nymeria, who was named after Arianne Nymeros Martell's ancestor, the warrior queen Nymeria. Nymeria's star is white, the color of snow and one of the two Stark colors (and the same color as Ghost). When Jon was young, he idolized the Young Dragon, the guy who conquered Dorne---yet the whole point of the Young Dragon/Dareon II story seems to be that you cannot conquer Dorne . . . you marry it.

Ghost is known as the silent direwolf. In the Spear Tower, Arianne repeats, over and over, the fact that she is surrounded by silence.

Arianne is, frankly, heavily associated with bastards. She's closer to her bastard cousins than she is to her trueborn siblings. She apparently lost her virginity to Ser Daemon Sand, the Bastard of Godsgrace, who went so far as to ask her father for her hand in marriage.

Arianne told her father she wanted "a consort with teeth". When thinking about a former betrothal (to old Ben Beesbury), she thinks, kind of redundantly, about how "she could not be forced to marry him if he was dead". There seem to be heavy Jon-centric foreshadowings (given his direwolf and his stabbing in ADWD) in both statements.

That would be great. 18 even better. Do we know if she is Dalla's older or younger sister?

I don't think we've found out, or have any way of knowing her age, for that matter.

Appendix says she's the younger sister

Sansa or Arya, no just fucking NO! I know Jon's suppose to be half Targ who are known for their incest but come on.

I'm pulling for Shireen but with Jon "recovering" and Stannis marching on Winterfell, Shireen has no protection from Val or Mel who both want her dead.

Dany probably.

Archived