Video Games: Free 2 Post/Summer Drought Edition

KiDisaster

Welcome to the video games thread, offered completely* free of charge to all interested boarders. Enjoy your generous allowance of 1 free post per 72 hours! Have more things to say? New posts can be purchased for the low, low price of $0.99 per character** and our premium VIP membership offers unlimited posting for $15 a month and the soul of your firstborn child! It's so free!

*Not completely free.

**Includes spaces.

-----------------------

There's a new trailer out for the new Borderlands game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe6oobNa_RA

Personally I'm looking forward to it, even though Gearbox isn't developing it. I enjoy Borderlands, fun to mess around in with friends and it's usually good for a few cheap laughs.

Hopefully it doesn't pull an Arkham Origins.

There's a new trailer out for the new Borderlands game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe6oobNa_RA

Personally I'm looking forward to it, even though Gearbox isn't developing it. I enjoy Borderlands, fun to mess around in with friends and it's usually good for a few cheap laughs.

Hopefully it doesn't pull an Arkham Origins.

My god, they've Saints Row-ified Borderlands; I am excite. Hopefully lives up to Borderlands 2, that game was hella fun.

Also, thanks for the word on Murdered: Soul Suspect. I'd been thinking of getting it, but not so much anymore.

I think BL2 was a bit overrated. The gameplay was fine and often very fun, but I just couldn't get over the clunk user interface that was tough to navigate. That said, I am looking forward to this new game.

On an unrelated note, anyone looking to build a new gaming PC or upgrade the graphics card should take a serious look at AMD again. Their prices have come back down to normal after the coin mining craze, so they're a great value (e.g the R9 290 is only slightly more expensive than a GTX 770, but outperforms it by a mile). Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Highlights of the CDPR press conference:

-Witcher 3 game play trailer looks impressive. Collector's edition shown off. Pre-order available for all platforms.

-GOG Galaxy is their new client. DRM free, has built in achievements, friend connectivity, automatic updates for games etc. a la Steam, but all of these are optional and it can be used completely offline at all times.

-The Witcher Adventure digital board game announced. Closed beta beginning. Pre-ordering Witcher 3 via GOG will get you two beta keys for The Witcher Adventure.

No Cyberpunk info unfortunately :P

Holy shit, I'm getting so close to either getting an Xbox One or upgrading my PC just for the Witcher 3

What's your build at the moment? You can get a GTX770 for less than the cost of a PS4 and that should run it pretty well assuming your CPU isn't too old. Hell if you wait until the 800 series is out it'll be even cheaper and you could probably grab a 780 or maybe 860 for around the same cost as a PS4.

I'm biased toward PC though.

My pc is already ready for this, its still pretty new, built it in January. Got a 780ti in there, hopefully that can max this at 1440p, but i might add another if the price goes down a bit.

My pc is already ready for this, its still pretty new, built it in January. Got a 780ti in there, hopefully that can max this at 1440p, but i might add another if the price goes down a bit.

Jelly. Mine hasn't been upgraded in 3 years and it's really starting to show its age. I'm planning to upgrade at the end of the year once the 800 series is out. I'll check out AMD as well, see what the price/performance difference is.

I loved Witcher 2, but the Skyrimification of the third still has me skeptical. I thought the hub world structure of Witcher 2 provided just enough openness. Wait and see for me; I hope they can pull it off.

Jelly. Mine hasn't been upgraded in 3 years and it's really starting to show its age. I'm planning to upgrade at the end of the year once the 800 series is out. I'll check out AMD as well, see what the price/performance difference is.

Yeah waiting for the end of the year is probably the safest bet at this point, since new stuff should be getting announced any day now, and intel is dropping the devils canyon cpus soon too.

I actually posted pics of my rig in this thread http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/104307-building-a-computer/

Archived