Will Team Aegon be the ruin of Walder Frey? (D&E Spoilers)

Good Guy Garlan

Ok, so I just re-read "The Mystery Knight" yesterday and I think there could be certain basis for this

1. Dunk's reaction to toddler Walder:

Lord Frey's son was so taken by their antics that he joined in, pummeling the wedding guests with a bladder borrowed from a dwarf. The child had the most irritating laugh Dunk had ever heard, a high shrill hiccup of a laugh that made him want to take the boy over a knee or throw him down a well. If he hits me with that bladder, I may do it.

If Duck & (Aegon) Egg are meant to be some sort of parallel to Dunk & Egg, then maybe Duck will do the deed

2. Some people at the Golden Company might have a bone or two to pick with House Frey:

"You have my leave to go as well, Lord Frey," Rivers commanded. "We will speak again later."

"As my lord commands." Frey led his son from the pavillion.

I think that Frey was one of Bloodraven's informers from the start. Unlike Butterwell, his treatment by Bloodraven is totally different. He gets to keep his lands and we never see him being punished. In addition, Maynard Plumm (er, Bloodraven) knew quite a bit about how Walder had seen his sister getting it on with a kitchen boy, so it seems he knew a lot from the Frey quarter.

Also, the fact that Walder joined the dwarves in their games could be a hint that the Freys, like the dwarves, were Bloodraven's men

And if this is true, then the Blackfyre loyalists at the GC won't show mercy to the house that betrayed their cause once

3. If Sansa marries Aegon (as I'm rooting for), then what better wedding gift for the bride than wiping out the House that killed her family and restoring her uncle's seat. Besides, Sansa won't oppose to a bit of Frey killings:

Littlefinger: "Harrenhal has withered every hand to touch it"

Sansa: "Then give it to Lord Frey"

What do you good people think?

This is brilliant, and I could certainly see this happening.

That said, I'm still hoping for a Second Red Wedding by the Brotherhood Without Banners, but I suppose this is a victory for the Starks all the same

The Red Wedding 2 would happen in Riverrun anyway. That leaves the Twins :devil:

Taking out the Freys would give any contender for the Throne a huge leg up. Not only because its a strategic castle, it actually looses much of that during winter, but also because everyone in westeros knows of the red wedding and looks down on the Freys for it. Since I think Aegon will sit the throne for a little while I think this is entirely possible.

Taking out the Freys would give any contender for the Throne a huge leg up. Not only because its a strategic castle, it actually looses much of that during winter, but also because everyone in westeros knows of the red wedding and looks down on the Freys for it. Since I think Aegon will sit the throne for a little while I think this is entirely possible.

Yep, getting rid of the Freys would earn Aegon or whoever major points with the other riverlords, the North and even the Vale

The Riverlands will rise against the Freys much like the dornish did against the Targ invaders long ago. Aegon will be King by then but if I am right, combined armies of the Vale, Riverlands, GC, Dorn will beat the Lannisters back to the Rock while crushing the Freys on the way.

Why not both? The more dead Freys the merrier :devil:

Because the Brotherhood follows the Red God, while I highly suspect Aegon will ally with the Faith, and serve as their champion throughout Westeros.

I can hardly see them cooperating, if anything, the Brotherhood will probably declare for Dany.

Because the Brotherhood follows the Red God, while I highly suspect Aegon will ally with the Faith, and serve as their champion throughout Westeros.

I can hardly see them cooperating, if anything, the Brotherhood will probably declare for Dany.

The Brotherhood can have their party at Riverrun and Aegon's crew can have theirs at the Twins. No need to cooperate. There's plenty of Freys for everyone

The whole I see in the argument is that Aegon is a fake and fighting in the Stormlands with the GC. Even if he manages to take KL I don't see him getting to the Twins anytime soon.

• 2 months later...

BUMP

Because I just found something to back this up and I remembered I made this thread

Haldon says this in aDwD:

“In the north the Lannisters are relying on the Boltons and in the riverlands upon the Freys, both houses long renowned for treachery and cruelty.”

So I don't think he's talking just about the Red Wedding, in the case of the Freys. My guess is the Golden Company knows House Frey ratted Blackfyre loyalists at Whitewalls, as I mentioned in the OP

Where has this thread been all my life?

I love it!

Thanks, man, I appreciate it! :cheers:

I actually forgot about it until now and I decided to rescue it from the depths of the forum. All the locked threads about Mance being Rhaegar were making its life miserable down there, poor thing

Archived