Wow, I never noticed that v. 6

One hint regarding Brienne as Dunk's descendant: (There are many, but I'd never noticed that one)

Iirc, Small Paul and Grenn are also referred to as such.

Small Paul -

"I don't want to hurt no bird," the big man said. "But that's a talking bird. What if he tells what he did?"

Lark the Sisterman laughed. "Small Paul, thick as a castle wall," he mocked.

Grenn -

Pyp always teased Grenn about being thick as a castle wall, so Sam explained patiently. “It’s just a different way of calling me a coward,” he said, standing on his left leg and wriggling back into his muddy boot.

Brienne's quote is in the same book even ;)

That pricked him back to anger. “Are you as thick as a castle wall? That was an apology. I am tired of fighting with you. What say we make a truce?”

ETA:

A freckled novice filled their cups with hot spiced wine. “Tommen tells me that Lord Tyrell intends to rebuild the Tower of the Hand,” Cersei said.

Ser Kevan nodded. “The new tower will be twice as tall as the one you burned, he says.”

Cersei gave a throaty laugh. “Long lances, tall towers … is Lord Tyrell hinting at something?”

Either the rose's stem grows bug and strong, or it never really took root and the stem is a withered stunted thing...

That the White Walkers, while dangerous in combat, aren't supernaturally strong or proficient. The Other that Sam kills, has just impaled Small Paul on its blade. However, clumsily enough, the blade gets stuck in Paul, the Other manages to lose it, and is unarmed when Sam stabs it.

The parallels between Ramsey Snow and Aerys II. Insane, shockingly violent, get off on said violence, no-one wanted them to have power but they got it anyway, enemy of the Starks, fighting a Baratheon, abused their wives to the point Jeyne and Rhaella were covered in scars and considered sex a living nightmare. Ramsey burned Winterfell, Aerys tried to burn King's Landing.

The parallels between Ramsey Snow and Aerys II. Insane, shockingly violent, get off on said violence, no-one wanted them to have power but they got it anyway, enemy of the Starks, fighting a Baratheon, abused their wives to the point Jeyne and Rhaella were covered in scars and considered sex a living nightmare. Ramsey burned Winterfell, Aerys tried to burn King's Landing.

Jaime's going to kill Ramsay?

If that parallel occurs, it would be Theon who kills Ramsey. Both killed by someone they had under their thumb. Beside Jaime is way too removed from the Northern storyline.

Of all the potential Ramsay removers, the most satisfying would probably be Theon. So that works for me.

If that parallel occurs, it would be Theon who kills Ramsey. Both killed by someone they had under their thumb. Beside Jaime is way too removed from the Northern storyline.

Too bad GRRM rarely gives us nice, rounded, romantic killings. (When I say romantic, I mean hopeful, expected, revenge killings...)

Too bad GRRM rarely gives us nice, rounded, romantic killings. (When I say romantic, I mean hopeful, expected, revenge killings...)

I don't know about that. There's Jon killing Slynt and Tyrion killing his father, both of which fit your definition of romantic. I expect that Theon will at least play a huge role in Ramsey's demise if he doesn't kill him himself.

Do the ravens remember Maester Tothmure? Arya wondered. Are they sad for him? When they quork at him, do they wonder why he doesn't answer? Perhaps the dead could speak to them in some secret tongue the living could not hear.

Arya X, Clash

Arya was spot on.

Wait, what is she spot on about? What is the context of this quote?

She was wondering about the nature of the ravens, if they have a special language that men can't hear. Bloodraven explains to Bran in Dance that once, some people and the children of the forest actually talked to the ravens. That was how their job of being the emails of Westeros started, the ravens actually spoke in a tongue some could understand. Arya guessed at what the ravens really were capable of in her childish musings.

Archived