Wow, I never noticed that v. 6

That Cersei, like Aerys, was trying to burn Kings's Landing with wild fire right before a siege. She probably got the idea after hearing from Jaime that he had saved the city during the Robert's Rebellion.

I never got that impression. I think she was going to try to use the wildfire against Stannis.

I never got that impression. I think she was going to try to use the wildfire against Stannis.

She had Illyn Payne in Maegor's Holdfast so Stannis wouldn't get the chance to see her surrender. Also, given her general dumbness, I don't see her using the wild fire productively.

I never noticed that Lazy Leo Tyrell knew that Alleras the Sphinx is in truth Sarella Sand.

I've gained a new interest in Sam's chapters since then.

I never noticed that. Could you please provide the definitive quote?

She had Illyn Payne in Maegor's Holdfast so Stannis wouldn't get the chance to see her surrender. Also, given her general dumbness, I don't see her using the wild fire productively.

It's a bit of a leap from that to "she was gonna burn the city down."

Agreed.

I never noticed that Lazy Leo Tyrell knew that Alleras the Sphinx is in truth Sarella Sand.

I've gained a new interest in Sam's chapters since then.

Leo suspects that Alleras has a sponsor, it seems to me. I don't think he actually knows who Alleras is.

I never realised that the Pious Dwarf that Brienne meets on the road was probably killed and his head presented to cersei i thought it was dead sad when i realised he seemed like a real nice guy.

Also made me think how many dwarfs have been killed because of what Tyrion did

I never realised that the Pious Dwarf that Brienne meets on the road was probably killed and his head presented to cersei i thought it was dead sad when i realised he seemed like a real nice guy.

Quite a few.. and children as well

And I hadn't realised it until I read this comment of yours. :blushing:

Another dumb moment of mine: For some time (longer than I care to admit) I didn't realise that Abel was actually Mance Rayder. It was such a huge mistake to miss that I felt like an idiot when I finally realised it.

Neds comment about Lady, a wolf of the North deserving better than a butcher (Illyn Payne) is some serious foreshadowing to his own fate. Cant believe i never noticed before

I never really understood where the hell that came from. Okay, he was pissed, but it's so unlike Ned to take it out on some random guy he (as far as we know) barely even knows.

I know, I know, his way is the Old Way and he probably despises headsmen in general, but common. Calling him a butcher in front of the whole King's party is a pretty awful thing to do to a stranger who asked for nothing. Misplaced anger much, Ned?

What did Tyrion do?

Wex was the first to cross the line. Three quick steps and he stood at Theon's side, slouching. Shamed by the boy, Black Lorren followed, all scowls. "Who else?" he demanded. Red Rolfe came forward. Kromm. Werlag. Tymor and his brothers. Ulf the Ill. Harrag Sheepstealer. Four Harlaws and two Botleys. Kenned the Whale was the last. Seventeen in all.

Theon VI, Clash

How many dragons fought in the Dance?

Theon VI, Clash

How many dragons fought in the Dance?

The ones that definitely fought are:

Arrax

Caraxes
Meleys
Moondancer
Seasmoke
Sheepstealer
Silverwing
Sunfyre
Syrax
Tessarion
Vermax
Verthimor
Vhagar
I think that's all of them. So at least 13. Then you have to decide if you count the dragons that died in the Dragonpit as having fought in the war. There's no other mention in the books of Dreamfyre, Morghul, Shrykos or Tyraxes being in combat. Though we know there was more to the war than what we got in The Princess and The Queen. Also do you count Stormcloud? He helped Aegon the Younger escape a battle before dying. Lastly Grey Ghost died fighting Sunfyre, I personally wouldn't count him because that battle had nothing to do with the war.

Just read this last night, but I missed the foreshadowing for Bronn's betrayal on my first read:

"...Once inside the walls, Bywater is to expel the garrison and hold Tommen there safe. Ask him how he likes the sound of Lord Bywater.”
“Lord Bronn would sound better. I could grab the boy for you just as well. I’ll dandle him on my knee and sing him nursery songs if there’s a lordship in it.”
“I need you here,” said Tyrion.

Archived