Who will Arya kill?

Super Daario

Perhaps that girl Arya Stark would kill the people on her list, but no one?

I doubt the waif and the kindly man would send 'no one' to go kill people on Arya's list. Too strongly tied to her past life.

What I am wondering is, what is no one's next mission? To whom will they send her to assassinate?

If she even gets another mission, it is unlikely that it would be anyone in Westeros. She's still showing signs of not giving herself up in service to the Many-Faced God. So if they keep her on, I think they'll keep her from anyone on her list. That makes me think Dany or someone in Meereen.

ETA: I don't think she would go through with killing Dany, just think it could be the assignment.

If she even gets another mission, it is unlikely that it would be anyone in Westeros. She's still showing signs of not giving herself up in service to the Many-Faced God. So if they keep her on, I think they'll keep her from anyone on her list. That makes me think Dany or someone in Meereen.

ETA: I don't think she would go through with killing Dany, just think it could be the assignment.

They seem pretty adamant on keeping her.

Kindly man and waif's recruiting tactics are very much in line with those of your typical cultish religious group. They want to make it seem like they think the sacrifice is too much for her, that she's not 'cut out' to be a Faceless - as a way of manipulating her into wanting to prove herself all the more.

I don't think that kindly man is 'kindly' at all. And these servants of 'the Many-Faced God' certainly aren't as dispassionate and neutral as they would have Arya to believe. They have some kind of angle. Their targets aren't just random people. Or else, would they really kill just anyone, for anyone who asked it? That would be absurd.

They have some kind of angle. Their targets aren't just random people. Or else, would they really kill just anyone, for anyone who asked it? That would be absurd.

I believe they typically require a fee, though that fee will depend on who is asking and who they want to have killed.

Alayne Stone.

This. Or Rickon.

I think she will almost become noone, but this task will be the one that makes her to recover herself as Arya Stark and abandon the Faceless Men (and it probable mean her dead later. She's one of my favourite characters, but I cannot see any happy, or even bittersweet, ending for her).

This.

How else does she get the chance to warg and ride a dragon?

Can one warg a dragon?

Sure.

It's just a bunch of made up shit anyway.

Anything's possible.

The Faceless Men will never give her the task of killing someone she knows from her old life as Arya Stark. Do you remember the meeting of the FM where Arya was the cupbearer? "I know this man." - "I do not know him, I will bring him the gift."

That's the reason why the people on the ship that carried Arya to Braavos were so interested in teaching their names to Arya - so that she wouldn't kill them in the future.

But maybe Arya gets a few people of her list after she remembers who she is (the hidden Needle will obviously play a big role in that).

The Faceless Men will never give her the task of killing someone she knows from her old life as Arya Stark. Do you remember the meeting of the FM where Arya was the cupbearer? "I know this man." - "I do not know him, I will bring him the gift."

That's the reason why the people on the ship that carried Arya to Braavos were so interested in teaching their names to Arya - so that she wouldn't kill them in the future.

But maybe Arya gets a few people of her list after she remembers who she is (the hidden Needle will obviously play a big role in that).

Arya has never fogotten who she is good lord stop saying that. The Fm don't even care if Arya murders people when she's not working.

That's not something they care about.

Arya has never fogotten who she is good lord stop saying that. The Fm don't even care if Arya murders people when she's not working.

That's not something they care about.

That was a poor choice of words, sorry. Arya maybe hasn't "forgotten" who she is, but she is trying very hard not to be Arya Stark and be "no one" instead. This is happening to some extent as we can see in the Mercy chapter.

And I'm not sure whether the FM are completely indifferent to Arya killing anyone she wants.

Melisandre.

An interesting idea, built up a bit by the show.

Alayne Stone.

A deep fear of mine, because I love Sansa so. But Arya taking her sisters face would be as awesome as horrifying. Not sure if even GRRM has the balls to do something so wicked, though.

Is it me or with the Mercy chapter, it seems Arya is going rogue, using the skills she has and is going on her own hunting spree? Or, is she following her assignment given to her? If this is personal, than the person she killed in "mercy" will return to Kings Landing. Just about everyone on her list is there. I say Tommen. However, she was told to use a pretty face, just not one as pretty as her own. There two people in the temple, an old woman and a younger man with gold as if they made a sacrafice and payment for what a "hit or two"?

Is it me or with the Mercy chapter, it seems Arya is going rogue, using the skills she has and is going on her own hunting spree? Or, is she following her assignment given to her? If this is personal, than the person she killed in "mercy" will return to Kings Landing. Just about everyone on her list is there. I say Tommen. However, she was told to use a pretty face, just not one as pretty as her own. There two people in the temple, an old woman and a younger man with gold as if they made a sacrafice and payment for what a "hit or two"?

This is why people are talking about her maybe getting kicked out the group. They can't afford to have their members going rogue. It puts the organization in danger of being outted, in a way.

They seem pretty adamant on keeping her.

Kindly man and waif's recruiting tactics are very much in line with those of your typical cultish religious group. They want to make it seem like they think the sacrifice is too much for her, that she's not 'cut out' to be a Faceless - as a way of manipulating her into wanting to prove herself all the more.

I don't think that kindly man is 'kindly' at all. And these servants of 'the Many-Faced God' certainly aren't as dispassionate and neutral as they would have Arya to believe. They have some kind of angle. Their targets aren't just random people. Or else, would they really kill just anyone, for anyone who asked it? That would be absurd.

I believe they typically require a fee, though that fee will depend on who is asking and who they want to have killed.

This. The FM are a contract killing service, which is why as Arya persists in killing people who are not assignments and gain the FM no money, she is at risk of being dismissed. Some people think that they'd kill her rather than let her go, but I think Varys was in the same position (maybe without the killing people outside of work) and ended up not making the cut.

I disagree with your assessment, Super Daario. In general, yes I can see your point but Arya actually isn't conforming to the standards set for her and is thus actually showing that she's not fully committed. It's not a ruse to get her to prove herself if they're right that she hasn't left her identity behind. As I said above, her extracurricular killings could put the FM at risk. She may become a much bigger liability than asset.

Archived