AcroPhilia Game 2

Lady Blizzardborn

I warned Lady B. that I feel bunt out and since I can't win it would be a good chance to take a round off. But as soon as I get look at the clues I pulled out a notepad and started making guesses. I'm gonna try to stick to my guns and sit this round out. That said, whoever came up with clue #16...if I'm reading that clue right it's one of my all time favorites,

Yours sounds interesting!

It might be what people are more up to.

Me wanting to make the themes also does not mean they will be somehow worthwhile...

But to give all the information on what I think now, here it is, if anyone feels like commenting and possibly rejecting it :ninja:

Rounds: 3 (to 5) rounds (shorter game for still trying new things and also for quicker moving on to the new game).

Scoring: 3 points for correctly guessing someone else's clue, 1 point for each time your own clue is guessed correctly, 4 points for the theme/2 points for being near to the theme, 1 point for each time your clue is voted as favorite/+ 2 additional points for everyone who gets 4 and more favorite clue votes/+ 3 points to everyone who gets 8 or more favorite clue votes. I think it makes it about enough profitable to make awesome and (or) gettable clue.

Preliminaries: No preliminaries, except one free shot for the theme. Unless the players decide otherwise, before the game starts.

Players: Probably 15 or 16 (so less than yomi offers).

Oddities: There might be some, but not odd enough :ninja: Maybe a odd-one out for one round or one character-twice for another. I have not given enough thought, to be fair.

That is about it, I think. The formality already weighs on me :laugh:

I strongly approve of your scoring set

I do not think I will ever solve 1st and 14th, especially because I think I might know the theme :laugh:

I think I know 1 and I was just struck by a thought on 14 that almost feels right. Well see.

I haven't really sat down to think about it to any great extent but 2 is forcing blank minded stares atm. Nobody else seems to mention this one, so it must just be something I'm overhunting.

Should I try formality? I guess I'll do. Although I feel like copying whiteshadow a bit to much in this...

Rounds: 5rounds. 3 or 4 round with everyone having their own character, 2 or one rounds with each character given to two players (at least if it's an even number of players)

Scoring: Might differ for different kind of rounds. 1 point for each time your own clue is guessed correctly in every round I guess. 3 point for every guessed clue in the one-clue-per-character rounds sounds good, too, but if there are two clues for each character, getting the character should be easier, so maybe only 2 points in those. Getting the theme on the other hand should be easier the more characters represent it. So 5(2) points for getting the theme in the rounds where we have only half as many characters as players and only 3(1) points when we have lots of characters, 1 point for each time your clue is voted as favorite (giving extra points if a clue got voted very often sounds like a good idea, but I feel to lazy for it)

Preliminaries: "No preliminaries, except one free shot for the theme. Unless the players decide otherwise, before the game starts." Yeah I considered the same. Theme prelim, but no character prelims. In my case it's again mostly lazyness.

Players: 25-30?

Oddities: I just had the idea to put in an odd clue describing the theme and not a character. Not sure whether I'm going to do this.

Rounds: 17

Length: 1 hr, 4 minutes and 8 seconds each

Style: I submit all the clues. Clues represent characters who embody a quality I possess. You guess the quality!

Let me know when I should start up the thread.

I know you're joking, but you might have a point here. What makes the game most frustrating for me is the constancy of it. Logististically it might be impossible, but once a week having a one hour speed round would probably be my ideal version of the game.

I know you're joking, but you might have a point here. What makes the game most frustrating for me is the constancy of it. Logististically it might be impossible, but once a week having a one hour speed round would probably be my ideal version of the game.

I'd be willing to do a speed round of maybe a day or something, considering timezones. I'd have to take some time to personally develop clues from the same acronyms and everybody would just be guessing... but if there was interest I'd do it. It could be in addition to the real acrophobia, as opposed to instead of.

I love acrophobia but if there's one thing wrong with it, it's the length.

Some intriguing complexities there yomi. Very interesting ideas. I feel like there should always be slight variations on the system based on what the host wants to do. I don't think it matters if we can't find a system we're all going to agree is the best as constant variations will serve to keep it fresh. I like its adaptability.

If anyone wants to try and catch me in the final round, it may be very achievable. I don't know whether it's my being away or whether the first 2 rounds were a case of beginner's luck, but I feel like I'm struggling on these clues.

Hoping for some lucky educated guesses to come through for me. At the moment I'm only confident of getting about half of them right.

If I were running a game, and I doubt I ever will. I'd go 3 points for every clue you get and one point for every time someone correctly guesses your clue. I'd limit it to 4-6 letters with two sets of letters each round. I'd give a full 5 points for theme, but I wouldn't talk with or interact with the players during a round other than to take their answers. I'd give them all the advice I could between rounds, but once the clues were up they'd only have one shot at making a guess with no help from the host.

I'd be willing to do a speed round of maybe a day or something, considering timezones. I'd have to take some time to personally develop clues from the same acronyms and everybody would just be guessing... but if there was interest I'd do it. It could be in addition to the real acrophobia, as opposed to instead of.

If the host were to create the clues, why bother with the acronyms to create the clue from?

The Logistics are the main issue in my opinion. I couldn't commit to anything because my schedule changes a lot week to week. But usually:

I'm EST and am usually available in the day Saturdays and Sunday evening. I know we have some European players so it might be a little tough.

:agree:

I can't see a speed round for Acrophillia happening. Acrophobia - yes. As in the old Acrophobia game.

But think if you are asking the host to make up all the clues...

Just don't see it.

Archived