Borroq, what's his role to play?

Poppa Chase

He came off as danger for Jon and Ghost and as a result Jon has had to lock up ghost. But now we have a trained skinchanger below the wall. A man who's boar is the size of a bull and has tusks the size of swords.

He has to play a larger role, but I can't figure out what. Currently he's at the lichyard but with the collapse at castle black, he might take off south. If that's the case, what will he do?

Perhaps he will ride to castle black and join the wildlings in saving Jon. Does anyone have any theories regarding this old warg?

He will call upon a pig army to massacre the Night's Watch.

At which point Harry the Heir will show up with an army of Angry Arryns and defeat the pigs by knocking down their infrastructure

Seriously, though, I think Borroq will be one of several reasons for clashes between the wildlings and the Queen's Men. Mel will probably be like, "You filthy demon-pig, imma burn your ass like I did Orell's eagle"

At which point Harry the Heir will show up with an army of Angry Arryns and defeat the pigs by knocking down their infrastructure

Seriously, though, I think Borroq will be one of several reasons for clashes between the wildlings and the Queen's Men. Mel will probably be like, "You filthy demon-pig, imma burn your ass like I did Orell's eagle"

:rofl: Yea Borroq is a mastermind , Littlefinger is a boy scout compared to Borroq , he wargd into a boar who killed Robert and started the chaos in Westeros , next step is to kill Jon and Stannis and as Stannis' Lawyer sad he will bring a whole army of pigs not just to massacre the NW but to conquer Westeros . And I bet The Others are scared of Borroq and his boar that's why they returned.

Boars announced changes of Kings.

This

Borroq was mentioned in Varamyr's prologue as being one of the wargs Haggon introduced him too. By ADWD, he's the only one left alive. I can see him being a plot-device for Jon to better unlock and understand his warging abilities from.

That is actually not a bad theory. After spending time in Ghost, and with a new found appreciation for the skinchanging that saved his life, Jon may seek to further develop this gift, and Borroq is the only other skinchanger at CB, and he may help teach Jon.

Following the assassination attempt, if Jon's spirit lives through Ghost, then I suspect Borroq to be the character who will be able to recognize that Jon is still within Ghost. Or if Jon is revived by Mel, I assume he will have a stronger grasp on his warging abilities and Borroq will be there to help Jon strengthen his ability.

Stannis will kill him, he probably hates boars after they killed his beloved older brother. Or maybe he will suspect Borroq played a role in Robert's demise and have him burned for treason.

I thought Stannis had no love for Robert after Robert granted Storms End to Renly.

P.S Go Pats

That is actually not a bad theory. After spending time in Ghost, and with a new found appreciation for the skinchanging that saved his life, Jon may seek to further develop this gift, and Borroq is the only other skinchanger at CB, and he may help teach Jon.

That's basically my train of thought. GRRM likes to set these things up with once-off mentions and Borroq's introduction in Varamyr's prologue seems subtle but with purpose. He also seems like a noted warrior in his own right among the wildlings with some authority, and is the only one who can understand Jon's connection with Ghost.

Actually... was there any other known wargs noted in the wildling's numbers at Castle Black? The other two wargs in Varamyr's prologue, Briar and Grisella, are noted as dead by the time of ADWD.

That's basically my train of thought. GRRM likes to set these things up with once-off mentions and Borroq's introduction in Varamyr's prologue seems subtle but with purpose. He also seems like a noted warrior in his own right among the wildlings with some authority, and is the only one who can understand Jon's connection with Ghost.

Actually... was there any other known wargs noted in the wildling's numbers at Castle Black? The other two wargs in Varamyr's prologue, Briar and Grisella, are noted as dead by the time of ADWD.

I noticed that Borroq was the skinchanger with the boar mentioned in Varamyr's Prologue as well. Varamyr was young when he saw Borroq, and I think that would make Borroq, after BR, the oldest and most experienced skinchanger in Westeros. So Borroq would be the top choice for a teacher in skinchanging. Besides, Jon has had a number of wildlings as teachers from Tormund and Mance to Ygritte. One more wildling teacher wouldn't be out of place.

Many heroes in mythology have mentors to train them in their abilities. Luke had Obi-wan and Yoda, Harry Potter had Dumbledore and Simeon Snowlock had Doctor Morgenes. Jon may have Borroq in that sense to help him train.

I noticed that Borroq was the skinchanger with the boar mentioned in Varamyr's Prologue as well. Varamyr was young when he saw Borroq, and I think that would make Borroq, after BR, the oldest and most experienced skinchanger in Westeros. So Borroq would be the top choice for a teacher in skinchanging. Besides, Jon has had a number of wildlings as teachers from Tormund and Mance to Ygritte. One more wildling teacher wouldn't be out of place.

There could be others, of course, but none are noted among the wildling numbers save for Borroq, so yeah I definitely see him as a mentor... or maybe even an enemy in the future.

Archived