Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 8 [show spoilers, book spoilers past OP]

Seneti

I really hope that Jeyne Poole is in next season and that they highlight what a complete scumbag LF actually is. Aidan plays him sooo campy so much of the time that its hard to hate him in the show the way i do in the books.

I think even if JP is in, that back story is out, too complicated to retrofit it now. She will just be some girl that Theon saves from Ramsay.

I do find what they're doing w/LF on the show is very strange. Even putting aside the batman voice, a lot of the time, you watch the performance and it comes off as if HE believes what he is saying, but we know even as just a TV audience that this is not true because we saw him with the knife at Ned's throat.

- Both Barristan and Grey will get separated from Dany on her way into the pit by Sons of the Harpy.

- Later, once Dany is gone, Mayhem will erupt in Meereen (including the scene where the Harpy is torn down). Grey Worm dies. Missandei kisses him goodbye forever.

- Barristan assumes the same role he had in the books, setting us up for the Meereenese conflict in season 6.

i feel like we wont get that large of a meerenese conflict in season 6...that would be 3 seasons of meereen, which i dont see happening...i see them wrapping up meereen in early season 6...it seems that ellaria as taken place of arianne...dany has taken place of aegon...which simplifies a great deal of things...maybe dany will be taking the storm lands rather than aegon in season 6? leaving season 7 for big battles, final stuff etc?

I think even if JP is in, that back story is out, too complicated to retrofit it now. She will just be some girl that Theon saves from Ramsay.

I do find what they're doing w/LF on the show is very strange. Even putting aside the batman voice, a lot of the time, you watch the performance and it comes off as if HE believes what he is saying, but we know even as just a TV audience that this is not true because we saw him with the knife at Ned's throat.

yeah even with his smarminess and OTT accent and voice, he comes across as genuine and that makes him endearing for some people i guess. its always weird when i reread the books, i feel so much seething hatred for LF for so many of his scenes that i just don't in the show. same with tywin.

^Sophie interviews are pretty goofy, aren't they...

I like her acting quite a bit more than you do, but she's not the most articulate gal in town.

My yorkie is more hardcore than this chick.

I don't ever read/watch her interviews, she is so annoying and immature, she acts like a little girl.

^In fairness to her, she almost still is. But Maisie's younger and doesn't have the same problem, so who knows.

Well, exactly. I think Sophie is the most overrated actress in the show, I remember all those FYC Emmy articles about her and I just couldn't believe anyone thinks her work is award worthy. So I'm hoping there won't be much of her this season and Maise kills it with her material because last year her stuff was underwhelming

They have it in HD on Primewire, Guard of the Rainking....it's damn good on the computer screen too.

Maisie talked about shooting her most emotional/hardest to do scene yet last year for s5 on the reddit AMA she gave yesterday, so I think she'll have a lot more to do than s4's sidekick for Sandor routine (which I didn't mind, I might add).

yeah even with his smarminess and OTT accent and voice, he comes across as genuine and that makes him endearing for some people i guess. its always weird when i reread the books, i feel so much seething hatred for LF for so many of his scenes that i just don't in the show. same with tywin.

I just don't get what he does with the performance. Like, when he tells Sansa he killed Joff because he hurt her family, are we supposed to believe it? sort of believe it? Is he supposed to be the John Barymore of Westerosi schemers? Or what?

He starts out very unlikable, with all that crazy pimping, but as the story has gone on, Show LF, despite batman, it's almost like LF Season 1 doesn't exist anymore, like this guy...did not really betray Ned, did not really orchestrate the entire war starting with the letter, etc. etc. LF with Sansa in the snow, LF saving Sansa from crazy Lysa becomes almost likeable...which is really strange unless the author is going to do something no one expects with his character.

I just don't get what he does with the performance. Like, when he tells Sansa he killed Joff because he hurt her family, are we supposed to believe it? sort of believe it? Is he supposed to be the John Barymore of Westerosi schemers? Or what?

He starts out very unlikable, with all that crazy pimping, but as the story has gone on, Show LF, despite batman, it's almost like LF Season 1 doesn't exist anymore, like this guy...did not really betray Ned, did not really orchestrate the entire war starting with the letter, etc. etc. LF with Sansa in the snow, LF saving Sansa from crazy Lysa becomes almost likeable...which is really strange unless the author is going to do something no one expects with his character.

exactly, you hit the nail on the head! and its the same way with the season 5 trailer, he's telling sansa to avenge her family.....is he forgetting he pretty much fucking killed ned? the best way for sansa to avenge her family is to chop LF's head off.

My yorkie is more hardcore than this chick.

I don't ever read/watch her interviews, she is so annoying and immature, she acts like a little girl.

I actually like her as Sansa quite a bit, but yeah - I try to avoid interviews with her (or Maisie Williams). They both seem to be quite silly (and kinda shallow, to be honest) in real life, you know, twittering, instagramming and "vining" (is this even a word?) the whole time. Which is not a criticism per se, who am I to criticize them, but it kinda breaks my immersion when I watch the show.

They it in HD on Primewire, Guard of the Rainking....it's damn good on the computer screen too.

Maisie talked about shooting her most emotional/hardest to do scene yet last year for s5 on the reddit AMA she gave yesterday, so I think she'll have a lot more to do than s4's sidekick for Sandor routine (which I didn't mind, I might add).

Nah, I tend to avoid paying the iron price.

Do you guys think Lena Headey will be able to pull off being the main character in KL next season and leading/carrying that entire storyline?

Emilia does best with dramatic action scenes but....she kind of sucks at everything else. i wish she would stop trying to make her voice/accent sound more ~regal~ too. it doesn't work and its kind of annoying.

Do you guys think Lena Headey will be able to pull off being the main character in KL next season and leading/carrying that entire storyline?

Probably. The only twinge I get is that her scene when Joff died didn't work for me, and this was her letting loose, going big, and I wasn't impressed. She has played drunk Cersei wonderfully, though.

I'm sick of Ann Boelyn. I don't really like the two of them together anymore. Ann Boelyn is one note more and more. The longer she's on, the less I like the casting.

Archived