Acrophobia #16 - Updated House Words

yomi

ok now Chicken and Little Sis y'all need to step up and pass me....y'all know my goal is to be dead last

you too, Shadow!!!!

Sorry, I did not read the thread and did not see it before :ninja:

But I won't, because I might forget myself and pass through you, not around you :ninja:

first 13. Break Nightfall, Uphold Sunrise. (I could have written this entry, so it is definitely the best :ninja:)

second 4. Beware, Nothing Upends Scorpions. (It would be entirely brilliant, if I had no comma, and you would have to decide for yourself, where it is :ninja:)

third 10. Bring Not Us Silence. (It is very very good, but the explanation would be very long!)

third 5. Burning Needs, Unsung Sons. (Good!)

Wait, very long? You just summarized the others with a sentence or even a terse word.

So far I have nothing. :(

And....I am feeling quite unloved. :P

:love:

Sorry, I did not read the thread and did not see it before :ninja:

But I won't, because I might forget myself and pass through you, not around you :ninja:

which ever way works for you, speaking as one :ninja: to another :ninja:

It is always possible to ask for an extension (well, except when the board is down and doesn't let you post anything <_< ). Sometimes it's just not necessary, because I'm late anyway (like last round :rolleyes: ). And this round... well I haven't counted anything yet, so I#m not sure, but my feeling is that I'm not only missing new entries, but also votes, so...

Extended deadline (for both voting and submission of new entries) till Monday, 27th April 2015, 9 am central european time!

Thank the gods! I've got squat so far

And good thing I misremembered my own deadline and thought it was 10 am ;)

Well, it's 10:17 am now and I'll start counting the Martell round results. So, if you don't yet have a Kingshill entry in, or want to change something, hurry please.

Round 7 Results

House Martell

Voting

1. Because Nymeria Unleashed Serpents. Howlin' Howland - [1st - DGabe], [2nd - Emmit], [3rd or 4th - Julia, Bendubz]
2. Bold Negotiation, Unwavering Scorn. Reek Havoc - [1st - Woofless], [2nd - LadyB, hc], [3rd or 4th - rocksniffer, Lyman]
3. Bravery Not Unattainable(, Stupid). lil' ghost
4. Brilliant Nobility. Unbelievable Sexiness. Lady Blizzardborn - [1st - hc], [2nd - lil' ghost]
5. Burning Needs, Unsung Sons. Emmit - [1st - Dragonzzilla, Bendubz], [2nd - Lyman], [3rd or 4th - Castellan, a shadow, Woofless]
6. Brilliance Noted, Undisputed Superiority. Bendubz - [3rd or 4th - LadyB, lil' ghost]
7. Basking Nonchalantly under Sol. rocksniffer - [1st - Castellan], [3rd or 4th - LadyB, Reek Havoc, DGabe, FBird]
8. Busy Nurturing Undaunted Strength. Julia H. - [1st - Howland], [3rd or 4th - Castellan]
9. Boldly Passive. Unbroken Snooze. Castellan - [2nd - Woofless], [3rd or 4th - Lyman, DGabe, hc]
10. Bring Not Us Silence. The Mighty Dragonzzilla - [1st - LadyB, FBird, lil' ghost], [2nd - DGabe], [3rd or 4th - Reek Havoc, a shadow]
11. Bow Northmen Under Sun. honeyed chicken - [3rd or 4th - Emmit]
12. Better Not Underestimate Snakes. Lord Lyman - [2nd - Castellan, Howland], [3rd or 4th - Dragonzzilla, rocksniffer, Julia, Woofless, lil' ghost]
13. Break Nightfall, Uphold Sunrise. Dolorous Gabe - [1st - Reek Havoc, Lyman, Julia, a shadow], [2nd - Dragonzzilla, rocksniffer, FBird, Bendubz], [3rd or 4th - Howland, Emmit]
14. Beware, Nothing Upends Scorpions. Fragile Bird - [1st - Emmit, rocksniffer], [2nd - Julia, a shadow], [3rd or 4th - Dragonzzilla, Bendubz]
15. Burning Needs Under Sun. Woofless - [2nd - Reek Havoc], [3rd or 4th - Howland, FBird, hc]

Round Scores

1. *Dolorous Gabe 85+1+1+1+2+1+2+3+3+2+3+3+2+4 = 113

2. Lord Lyman 93+1+1+2+2+1+1+1+1+1 = 104

3. Reek Havoc 81+1+1+2+1+1+3+2 = 92

4. Howlin' Howland 77+1+1+2+3+1+1 = 86

5. Julia H. 72+1+1+1+3 = 78

6. Emmit 54+1+1+1+3+2+1+1+3 = 67

7. Woofless 58+1+1+1+2+1+1 = 65

8. Fragile Bird 50+1+1+1+3+3+2+2+1 = 64

9. Bendubz 59+1+1+1+1 = 63

10. Ser Not Appearing 54 = 54

11. Lady Blizzardborn 43+1+1+3+2 = 50
12. lil' ghost 40+1+1 = 42

13. Castellan 32+1+1+1+1+2+1 = 39

14. Ser Fingerbones 29 = 29

15. rocksniffer 14+1+1+3+1+1+1+1 = 23

16. honeyed chicken 14+1+1+1 = 17

17. The Mighty Dragonzzilla 1+1+1+3+1+2+3+1+3 = 16

18. Faceless Athena 14 = 14
19. a shadow 10+1 = 11

By naming the Martells the masters over night and day (well, they are the princes to whom the lords of Starfall and Dawn are sworn), Dolorous Gabe totally ruled this round, winning almost twice as much points as our new player The Mighty Dragonzzilla, who got the second most points this round, and finally passing Lord Lyman and taking the lead. Apart from this switch, the top of the leaderboard still looks pretty much the same: Reek Havoc is third, Howlin' Howland is fourth and Julia H. remains fifth. Behind them, things are pretty tight, with Emmit, Woofless, Fragile Bird and Bendubz all having scores between 67 and 63 points. And in case you're worried about Ser Not Appearing's unchanged score, there is no need. He wrote me, he's well, just very busy, and I got an entry from him for the Kingshill round.

And check the points. Sums are probably correct, but I might have mixed up some 1st places getting 3 points with some 3rd places getting 1 point, so make sure I got your votes right.

ROUND 8

House Kingshill

Letters - ELP IHL M

Tommen is a bastard born from the incest between the twins Cersei and Jaime Lannister, but he is also such a cute boy that everyone wanted to keep him as king when that was found out nevertheless. So they made him the founder of a new royal house. He would have liked to name it House Catlover or House Beethater, but his Small Council vetoed that and rather made it House Kingshill, because he is king and as a Lannister bastard he would typically be a Hill and he was born in the Red Keep upon Aegon's Hill. The Small Council also disapproved of King Tommen's ideas for the words of his new house, which were "Ours is the Furry" and "Hear Me Meow". So what shall it be instead?

1. Enviable Largesse. Proud Innocence. Hail Lions' Masterpiece.
2. Even Lions Purr In Happiness. Looking Majestic.
3. Ever Lawful - Praise in High Lion's Majesty.
4. Endowed Lords Prove Intelligent, Honest, Loving Monarchs.
5. Eventually Love Prevails, Inevitably Hate Loses ... Meow!
6. Earnest Learners; Powerful Individuals; Honest, Loving Men.
7. Eventually Lions Pale in History's Long Memory.
8. Emergent Lawful Pride,
In High Line Misapplied.
9. Ever Loved, Prideful Inbred House's Lasting Majesty.
10. Enthroned Lion Purrs, Imploring Hopefully: "Love Me!"
11. Everyone listen! Pounce is heir! Loveable mewer!
12. Exhibit Love, Protection, Intelligence. Honor Lesser Men.
13. Every Lion Purrs, Inspiring Heroics, Leading Men.

14. Each Lannister's Prayers Include Highgarden's Lovely Margaery.

15. Eagerly Leading. Proudly Illegitimate. How Lannisters Manage.

Please vote for your four most favourite entries till Thursday, 30th April, noon Central European time.

1. <Submission #> Best house word suggestion -> gets 3 points
2. <Submission #> Second best house word suggestion -> gets 2 points
3. <Submission #> Third best house word suggestion -> gets 1 point

4. <Submission #> Fourth best house word suggestion -> gets 1 point

ROUND 9 - Final round

House Targaryen

Letters - DPIE

"Fire and Blood" - one might think that the Targaryen house words speak clearly enough of the destruction and death that come along with any conquest, but their last (?) scion, Daenerys Stormborn, managed for the longest time to interpret them as "Loving warmth and family", and only recently seems to have understood and accepted the price of military takeovers and dragons' might. Could you have brought that point across to her faster?

Please send in your new submission till Thursday, 30th April, noon Central European time.

Thank you so much for all the votes :cheers:

This is likely where my luck runs out. Kingshill was a tricky round and there are some very creative entries. I like to think about the new ones for a while so I will return to vote.

#1 = 12. Exhibit Love, Protection, Intelligence. Honor Lesser Men.

#2 = 8. Emergent Lawful Pride,
In High Line Misapplied.

#3 = 5. Eventually Love Prevails, Inevitably Hate Loses ... Meow!

#4 = 6. Earnest Learners; Powerful Individuals; Honest, Loving Men.

First... 5. Eventually Love Prevails, Inevitably Hate Loses ... Meow!

Second... 12. Exhibit Love, Protection, Intelligence. Honor Lesser Men.

Third... 8. Emergent Lawful Pride,

In High Line Misapplied. (Got the pun :) )

Fourth... 1. Enviable Largenesse. Proud Innocence. Hail Lions' Masterpiece.

(if needed)

Best House Words: "Eventually Lions Pale in History's Long Memory." (This blows my mind. The words of a true House, a humble House.)

Second Best: "Exhibit Love, Protection, Intelligence. Honor Lesser Men." (Excellent qualities for a House to set itself to. But I question the usage of "lesser men".)

Third Best: "Ever Lawful - Praise in High Lion's Majesty."

Fourth Best: "Every Lion Purrs, Inspiring Heroics, Leading Men."

first 2. Even Lions Purr In Happiness. Looking Majestic.
second 3. Ever Lawful - Praise in High Lion's Majesty. ('lawful' is brilliant! :ninja:)

third 7. Eventually Lions Pale in History's Long Memory. (The opposite is true, but it is a... good sentence :ninja:)

third 12. Exhibit Love, Protection, Intelligence. Honor Lesser Men.

Archived