Ned at Dragonstone?

Fisch

Assume for a minute that Ned decides not to listen to Littlefinger, and instead goes ahead with clearing out of KL after his fight with Robert. He ends up going by ship to Dragonstone.

- Does Stannis receive him? Does he trust Ned enough to confide in him?

- Assuming he did, do the two of them tell Robert?

- If they do, how does Robert react?

- Regardless of what Stannis and Robert do, how do Ned's movements affect the actions of Cersei, Tywin, Jamie, Tyrion, Cat, and all the rest?

Discuss.

Stannis would not allow Ned to leave, and would continue his communications embargo with the outside world.

Presumably Robert still dies, Renly still flees, and Cersei still crowns Joff. Stannis sails to Storm's End most likely, and Robb gets a raven telling him to declare for Stannis and bring all the power of Winterfell south to fight Stannis' enemies. If not, Ned gets burned.

Stannis says himself that he respects Ned. I think he would receive him and hear him out. Since Ned and Stannis both figured out that Robert's children are not actually his children, they would probably try to find a way to convince him. Coming from his best friend and his brother, how could Robert not listen? The Lannisters would surely try to convince Robert that these are lies, but it would be interesting to see how everything would play out.

Stannis would not allow Ned to leave, and would continue his communications embargo with the outside world.

Presumably Robert still dies, Renly still flees, and Cersei still crowns Joff. Stannis sails to Storm's End most likely, and Robb gets a raven telling him to declare for Stannis and bring all the power of Winterfell south to fight Stannis' enemies. If not, Ned gets burned.

Stannis is many things but he is not a blackmailer. He wouldn't hold Ned as a hostage when Ned willingly sailed to him and gave him useful information. He respects Ned for his honour and he knows that Ned will do the right thing, just like Stannis himself. So I doubt he'd need to threaten Robb with Ned's execution, because Ned would happily send out those orders himself.

Presumably Robb or Rickon get engaged to Shireen as well.

Stannis says himself that he respects Ned. I think he would receive him and hear him out. Since Ned and Stannis both figured out that Robert's children are not actually his children, they would probably try to find a way to convince him. Coming from his best friend and his brother, how could Robert not listen? The Lannisters would surely try to convince Robert that these are lies, but it would be interesting to see how everything would play out.

This

I can believe that Stannis would receive Ned, and that he might trust him enough to share his secrets; what I'm not sure about is whether or not Ned's support is enough to move Stannis to act. He wasn't willing to go to Robert with his discovery, and he fled KL without a word after Jon Arryn died. Even with Ned believing him, he still doesn't have any proof.

If Ned went to Dragonstone, the Lannister will have killed Robert and crown Joffrey. Ned and Stannis will send ravens to the whole Realm to gather the Lords under Stannis banner. The North and the Riverlands will support them. If Renly figure it out that he cannot compete against the Lannister, the Starks and Stannis, he will join; and alongside him, the Tyrells and the mighty of the Reach.

Lysa will what Littlefinger command her, but either the stay clear or they support the Stormlands-North-Reach-Riverlands coalition. Robb will have no need to send Theon back to the Iron Islands, and probably Ned will have time to secure the North defenses, so the Iron Islands will not attack the North. I guess Balon could even see his opportunity in the war and attack the weaker side: the Westerlands.

The coalition could fight Tywin in his turf, allowing Stannis and the Stormlands Lord to attack King's Landing (along with Melisendre's Shadow Babys). It will be matter of time they secure the Throne. Stannis will be king and install the R'llorism as the new exclusively official religion of the Realm, so the Faith Militant will be reborn and the religious civil war begun.

The North will have no part on this, so Stannis will accuse Ned of a traitor, but I don't think he burn him (he hasn't burn Davos). The war will tear apart the South, allowing Aegon and the Golden Company to arrive and made havoc. The North will not risk to fight in the winter and their biggest worry will be Mance army. The North will fight the Wildlings and finally Ser Dennis Mallister will be named Lord Commander.

Stannis is many things but he is not a blackmailer. He wouldn't hold Ned as a hostage when Ned willingly sailed to him and gave him useful information. He respects Ned for his honour and he knows that Ned will do the right thing, just like Stannis himself. So I doubt he'd need to threaten Robb with Ned's execution, because Ned would happily send out those orders himself.

Not only that, but Ned was fully intent on crowning Stannis....so...

If Ned went to Dragonstone, the Lannister will have killed Robert and crown Joffrey. Ned and Stannis will send ravens to the whole Realm to gather the Lords under Stannis banner. The North and the Riverlands will support them. If Renly figure it out that he cannot compete against the Lannister, the Starks and Stannis, he will join; and alongside him, the Tyrells and the mighty of the Reach.

Lysa will what Littlefinger command her, but either the stay clear or they support the Stormlands-North-Reach-Riverlands coalition. Robb will have no need to send Theon back to the Iron Islands, and probably Ned will have time to secure the North defenses, so the Iron Islands will not attack the North. I guess Balon could even see his opportunity in the war and attack the weaker side: the Westerlands.

The coalition could fight Tywin in his turf, allowing Stannis and the Stormlands Lord to attack King's Landing (along with Melisendre's Shadow Babys). It will be matter of time they secure the Throne. Stannis will be king and install the R'llorism as the new exclusively official religion of the Realm, so the Faith Militant will be reborn and the religious civil war begun.

The North will have no part on this, so Stannis will accuse Ned of a traitor, but I don't think he burn him (he hasn't burn Davos). The war will tear apart the South, allowing Aegon and the Golden Company to arrive and made havoc. The North will not risk to fight in the winter and their biggest worry will be Mance army. The North will fight the Wildlings and finally Ser Dennis Mallister will be named Lord Commander.

I just dont agree with the part of r'hllorism as an oficial religion. I mean stannis doesn't believe in gods, gods believe in stannis. And stannis' attitud towards the faith of the lord of light is something like "at least this one gives me sex"

Stannis will be king and install the R'llorism as the new exclusively official religion of the Realm, so the Faith Militant will be reborn and the religious civil war begun.

Total bullshit. Stannis is an atheist, and highly pragmatic at heart. Which is why his Hand, effective Regent, castellans, second in command, and every man he says he trusts are all followers of the Seven.

I think a couple of people in this scenario are jumping the gun slightly. The scenario suggested is that Ned leaves Kings Landing before he figures out about the incest. He will know about Gendry, but not Barra, and the chances are he won't have taken Pycelle's book with him. Unless he "gets lucky" and Sansa makes the same outburst and he puts it together on less evidence, by the time he arrives on Dragonstone Stannis is still the only person who knows (ignoring Varys and LF, obviously).

Stannis would use Ned as leverage, if it would serve his purposes. All lords would/do, including Ned (see Theon). Stannis even implies he would use Sansa as leverage should he take Kings Landing.

Stannis would use Ned as leverage, if it would serve his purposes. All lords would/do, including Ned (see Theon). Stannis even implies he would use Sansa as leverage should he take Kings Landing.

Against someone who was (presumably) against what he views as his interests. Ned wouldn't want the kingship, is a top-level commander, and fields a large addition to Stannis' forces, who is a paragon of honor, and believes Stannis should be king. He sends Ned to get his army in the event of war with the Lannisters, or knows Ned will get to Robert better than Stannis ever can, and they both agree to tell Robert together.

Against someone who was (presumably) against what he views as his interests. Ned wouldn't want the kingship, is a top-level commander, and fields a large addition to Stannis' forces, who is a paragon of honor, and believes Stannis should be king. He sends Ned to get his army in the event of war with the Lannisters, or knows Ned will get to Robert better than Stannis ever can, and they both agree to tell Robert together.

I agree with that yes. But the post I responded to said that Stannis wasn't a blackmailer. He would use it though, just as every other Lord would, is the point I wanted to make

I don't know what would happen. Stannis loathed Ned.

He was envious of his relationship with Robert but considered him undoubtedly honourable. That's far from loathing.

Stannis even implies he would use Sansa as leverage should he take Kings Landing.

When? He tells Catelyn that he'll send Sansa and Arya back to her when he takes KL, without any added conditions on her part.

He was envious of his relationship with Robert but considered him undoubtedly honourable. That's far from loathing.

When? He tells Catelyn that he'll send Sansa and Arya back to her when he takes KL, without any added conditions on her part.

““If your children are found when I take the city, they shall be sent to you.” Alive or dead, his tone implied.

http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/-Clash-Kings-Song-Ice-Fire/book-wQsRNBe-7kewcmjjCWj0BQ/page1.html?utm_campaign=TextQuotesIOS&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=App_Acq

Archived