TTTNE 453 - lifejackets anyone?

Gillio

this is actually the first time I've won a race properly.

Once I won by default after 2 threads got merged, but we'd already started the new one.

Once I started a thread after a disasterous one got deleted.

I thought Lifejackets was a good idea , seeing as there's a flood coming!

and we dont always realise we are a lifejacket for people when life gets tough.

Congratulations Gillio!

It's really nice to see you win a thread. :grouphug:

It would be OK if we had a bit of a floob, tbh. I can't speak for Westeros as a whole but the entire forum games has been slow the last half year.

Ygrain.

We know each other from other sites (mostly through gaming), and we chatted about our enjoyment of ASOIAF. She's far more fascinated by the theories than I am. :)

Hi Rox!

Ygrain is the friend who got you into Westeros? Wow. She's one of the first (if not THE first) people I friended on this site. In addition to being very smart in her positions and arguments, she remained rational & unemotional when folks around her were losing their minds. I've always had high regard for people like that.

I have also pmed her about various theories on the R+L thread because I value her judgement.

hey all...I'm having a bit of a weird day, so i've come to chat...

How's Erasmus, if you don't mind my asking? I'm thinking of applying for an Erasmus Mundus MA, but it's a bit of a decision, since I've already half-started an MA here. Well, and I might not be accepted anyway. So there's probably no harm in applying, but you know.

Welcome to spamland!! :cheers:

This definitely the place to come share.

Welcome to TTTNE, Eugene! :cheers:

Hello, everybody! =o)

I'm having a [_]p of coffee right now. And I'm about to do the weekly shopping. And I decided to check out Lany's food blog and bake lemon cakes later. :smug:

How are y'all?

Hey KT I!

How are things? Are you having a nice spring? Lots of flowers? You know if you ever feel like posting pictures around town where you live (especially at this beautiful time of year) I promise I will do the same from here (I love spammer's photos). :)

Woah, it took me about two minutes to figure out who "Eugene" was. Need to change back to "Datepalm."

Baking sounds good, might do that as well - I'm at my parents and they have a lemon tree and more lemons than anything to do with.

I just found out (in a sharp change of topic) that a friend was killed yesterday. We weren't terribly close - I hadn't seen him in a few years, and he lived just up the street, so it wasn't distance or anything - but we'd known each other since we were both 4 years old, our parents stayed close, etc. I was at his wedding a few years ago, and now i'm going to go his funeral. (I think. He was a cop and it's this whole giant police event at the military cemetery, with 21 gun (or whatever) salutes and nine further yards, so it doesn't feel like there's much point in going to see the whole circus, to be honest.) Today was the first time I saw his daughter - she's two. Christ. It's all just so totally banal and stupid.

That's terrible. I'm sorry for your loss, but much more for that little girl. It's always sad to see a child lose a parent - especially when they're too young to remember him when they grow up.

Hey KT I!

How are things? Are you having a nice spring? Lots of flowers? You know if you ever feel like posting pictures around town where you live (especially at this beautiful time of year) I promise I will do the same from here (I love spammer's photos). :)

Hey, hc!

I'm finally and really back in the pink. Literally. I even have a bit of a sunburn because I rode one of my bikes yesterday and the weather was so fine.

Today, it's rather windy, cold and rainy, but I am inside - I got nice tea, coffee. And other things to keep my spirit up.

And yeah, I'll do so. I uploaded pics some time ago, I think.

If you'd like a postcard of the town where I live, feel free to drop me a PM with your address.

How's things at your place? Everything peachy?

I may write something for a character of mine. :idea:

Aw, thanks for the condolences, guys. Feels good to get it out a bit. I don't really have any friends in common with him anymore - we were very different types, different social circles, life stages, etc. It just so devastating for his family - he was 27, only child of a single mother (adopted) and now with his own daughter half-orphaned.

Right now, quite lonely as I am bad at social life*, but this is probably not what you want to hear. :P

Well, there is a lot of paperwork to fill out and keep track of and for a long time - I had to apply for mine about a year before I actually went anywhere. But now that I am there and set, it is okay, I really like most of my lectures and seminars. So um, I am not sure what exactly you wish to know, but if you have any more specific questions, I would be glad to help. :)

Which field do you mean to study, if I may ask?

Also, I am sorry for your loss.

*I was supposed to meet up with a friend today, and I sent her a message when/where we should do it. Instead of answering, she send me an invitation to a random facebook event (from the description, I cannot tell what the heck it is, only that it is outdoors and will have a few thousand attendees, so how the heck are we supposed to meet each other there, and I do not even know if she wants to meet me there or she just sent that invitation to everybody on her friends list (I guess that is possible somehow?) and ... :bang: In other news, I am prone to overthinking.

Lol, i'm exactly the same with the social stuff. I can't ever tell what's a casual invitation, what's serious, what's ok to blow off, how seriously I should take getting blown off...at some point it's just too much to keep stressing about, but it can be lonely.

What Erasmus program are you doing, and where?

I'm looking into the Erasmus Mundus ones, that are split between several different countries and universities. There's quite a few in Urbanism/planning/geography/development type fields (which makes sense, I suppose) but, yeah, it will take ages - I'll need to apply in like December 2015 for programs starting September 2016, and at the moment I'm already taking MA courses here ahead of getting properly accepted next year, so maybe it will be a bit pointless to try and transfer at that point. (On the other hand, I'm pretty sure I don't want my BA and MA to be from the same insititution and also that Jerusalem will drive me completely crazy by a year from now. Doing an MA for the sake of it seems pointless as well if it's keeping me tied down to a city I don't want to be in.)

Congrats Gillio :cheers: And a lovely theme :love:

Hi Datepalm :grouphug:

It is 9:30am and I have cleaned 2/3 of the family room carpet. Well, clean may not be exactly the right word (given the age of carpet, I don't think "clean" is completely possible, but it is a lot cleaner than it was---and the dirty water bin---eeewwww) but it has had the steam cleaner run over it two times

As long as he doesn't cancel (he was sick yesterday) I am finally getting my "goddess tree" tattoo today, after literally years of planning

Woah, it took me about two minutes to figure out who "Eugene" was. Need to change back to "Datepalm."

Baking sounds good, might do that as well - I'm at my parents and they have a lemon tree and more lemons than anything to do with.

I just found out (in a sharp change of topic) that a friend was killed yesterday. We weren't terribly close - I hadn't seen him in a few years, and he lived just up the street, so it wasn't distance or anything - but we'd known each other since we were both 4 years old, our parents stayed close, etc. I was at his wedding a few years ago, and now i'm going to go his funeral. (I think. He was a cop and it's this whole giant police event at the military cemetery, with 21 gun (or whatever) salutes and nine further yards, so it doesn't feel like there's much point in going to see the whole circus, to be honest.) Today was the first time I saw his daughter - she's two. Christ. It's all just so totally banal and stupid.

Sorry for your loss. I have had friends in the military die as well and even if you aren't close it always is shocking and hurts some. :grouphug:

Congrats Gillio :cheers: And a lovely theme :love:

Hi Datepalm :grouphug:

It is 9:30am and I have cleaned 2/3 of the family room carpet. Well, clean may not be exactly the right word (given the age of carpet, I don't think "clean" is completely possible, but it is a lot cleaner than it was---and the dirty water bin---eeewwww) but it has had the steam cleaner run over it two times

As long as he doesn't cancel (he was sick yesterday) I am finally getting my "goddess tree" tattoo today, after literally years of planning

Sorry for your loss. I have had friends in the military die as well and even if you aren't close it always is shocking and hurts some. :grouphug:

Hey, Lany! :kiss:

Gonna bake your lemon cakes. =o)

Hello everyone :) :) :)

I missed you all good people of spam.

Life was busy,I was away for so long I have no idea what happened,what did I miss???

No big news here in the desert. Kiddies are fine,I was on vacation so I haven't seen them in a while. I'm starting to work tomorrow....don't want to really but alas...I have to.

Went to the vacation to Jordan,saw Petra and Dead see,it was amazing. I want to go back again and see it one more time. It's very very beautiful.

There is one happy news,I'm going to be an aunt :D,my hubby's sister is pregnant so I'm shopping for cute nerdy presents for the baby.

Gillio,congrats on the victory.

Datepalm,it's good to see you in tttne, sorry about your friend :grouphug: we're here for you.

Big :kiss: for everyone !!!

Hello everyone :) :) :)

I missed you all good people of spam.

Life was busy,I was away for so long I have no idea what happened,what did I miss???

No big news here in the desert. Kiddies are fine,I was on vacation so I haven't seen them in a while. I'm starting to work tomorrow....don't want to really but alas...I have to.

Went to the vacation to Jordan,saw Petra and Dead see,it was amazing. I want to go back again and see it one more time. It's very very beautiful.

There is one happy news,I'm going to be an aunt :D,my hubby's sister is pregnant so I'm shopping for cute nerdy presents for the baby.

Gillio,congrats on the victory.

Datepalm,it's good to see you in tttne, sorry about your friend :grouphug: we're here for you.

Big :kiss: for everyone !!!

Koba! :grouphug: Welcome back.

Congratulations :) Will a Kobaby be next? :leer:

Koba! :grouphug: Welcome back.

Congratulations :) Will a Kobaby be next? :leer:

Mother of rumors right? ;) hihihihhihi

It's good to be back FoMN,how's life? How's writing? :)

Date palm :grouphug: my condolences. Welcome to the thread :)

Lany, I hope you will show us the new ink addition?

I'll be checking out your blog too :drool:

Hey Lady O,have you been watching our favorite brothers lately??? I'm super excited for the finale :)

Hi Koba,

The spam has been going through a down period I would say.

Zar has said goodbye, Potato has left again - this time for good he told First (am I remembering correctly, First?).

Did you see the new chapter of TWOW? I nearly missed it even though everybody here spent a while discussing it. :P

Congrats to your sis in law and to you on the baby. That's lovely.

eta

we haven't seen Qat in a while, but she has a new beau in her life and is dizzy happy.

Lita has not been around much, but KiD checked in and Qoth has come back a bit. Even Angalin.

Hi Koba,

The spam has been going through a down period I would say.

Zar has said goodbye, Potato has left again - this time for good he told First (am I remembering correctly, First?).

Did you see the new chapter of TWOW? I nearly missed it even though everybody here spent a while discussing it. :P

Congrats to your sis in law and to you on the baby. That's lovely.

eta

we haven't seen Qat in a while, but she has a new beau in her life and is dizzy happy.

Lita has not been around much, but KiD checked in and Qoth has come back a bit. Even Angalin.

Thanks HC :)

Yes I've seen the new chapter. Everyone knows Sansa ismy favorite character so people were sending me the sample chapter all day long :lol: I can't wait for the show and the WoW...just give me anything GRRM...

And not only GoT is coming soon. We also have this to look forward to :)

Yay!!!!

Lady O: :kiss: and my star! :kiss:

Welcome back!!! :grouphug:

"Let's get it started..."

:kiss: to you too, Herzen...here's one song for you :)

Remember how I told you I'm going to comic con in Dubai this yer cause William Shatner is one of the guest....I forgot to go!!!! Can you imagine. Last three days I was sooooo busy with my b-day party bbq and easter Friday (which was this Friday for us Ortodox Christians) and I forgot. Yesterday I was coloring eggs whole day and only in the evening I turned on my computer and there it was,an add for comic con and I remember only then :( It was too late by then. I'll go next year. Sorry I didn't get you that autograph,

:kiss: to you too, Herzen...here's one song for you :)

Remember how I told you I'm going to comic con in Dubai this yer cause William Shatner is one of the guest....I forgot to go!!!! Can you imagine. Last three days I was sooooo busy with my b-day party bbq and easter Friday (which was this Friday for us Ortodox Christians) and I forgot. Yesterday I was coloring eggs whole day and only in the evening I turned on my computer and there it was,an add for comic con and I remember only then :( It was too late by then. I'll go next year. Sorry I didn't get you that autograph,

Thank you so much! :love:

And it's alright.=o) Don't worry.

I mean who forgets captain Kirk??? Unforgivable :lol:

And this year I'm not really happy with the way mu eggs turned out. Last year I made all the houses from Got and they were epic,this year it was group painting so I didn't have much creative control over it and they turned out...meh

Next year I'll do it alone for sure.

Oh cool! Where were you, there? I've been meaning to go back to Jordan....nearly went last week, but it's been a weird stretch this past month, moods coming and going, and it never quite came together. I need to just make up my mind and take a long weekend or the next holiday or something.

Otherwise, I'm working on this translation for a friend-of-a-friend...it's just terrible. Seriously, hopelessly badly written.. It's supposed to be an academic paper, and if I was the one checking it I wouldn't even give it a pass. I feel irrationally guilty about charging money for something i know is terrible - I'm trying to edit and clean up a bit as I go along with translating, but the underlying material just isn't there and there's only so much I can do. At least it's almost comically bad, in parts.

Koba, you remember how in the middle of my last pm to you I realized it was your birthday?

Well I've got this dang spreadsheet where I put the birthdays of friends & relatives, but it doesn't do much good if you don't check it. :P

And you'd think I would have noticed the birthday just 2 days after yours (in other words, this is a day late) - a long time spammer who just checked back in this week after a lengthy absence:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KiDISASTER!!!!! :commie: :commie: :commie: :commie:

Funny,

those commie emojis remind me it's been a while since we saw AK.

Archived