MMA & Boxing (v16)- Get it together, man.

Ramsay B.

One that I just saw on the best of 2013 dvd was "Diego Sanchez vs Melendez".
That was nuts.

Yeah, that one was pretty sweet. The last round was anyway. Gil owned the first couple pretty easily, but then he went all Mexican and threw caution to the wind allowing Diego a way back in.

Other non-title fights worth checking are Bermudez/Grice, Jung/Poirier and Barboza/Etim. And Hunt/Silva (aka Hunto/Bigfoot), which is commonly regarded as the greatest UFC HW fight of all time.

Anybody watch the fallout from the train wreck that was Anderson Silva's commission hearing?

Yep, Silva actually went with the "Magic dick juice from Thailand" defence.

It'd have been better to have said nothing at all or to have just admitted to feeling a need for an edge to heal that horrific leg break. Groan worthy all around.

Anybody watch the fallout from the train wreck that was Anderson Silva's commission hearing?

Yep, Silva actually went with the "Magic dick juice from Thailand" defence.

It'd have been better to have said nothing at all or to have just admitted to feeling a need for an edge to heal that horrific leg break. Groan worthy all around.

Whoever was playing those songs on the conference call is a damned comedic genius. Shit was hilarious. Really, the hearing was one horribly funny clusterfuck.

As to the poster asking for fights, a couple I don't think we're mentioned are Hendo/Shogun 1 and Silva/Stann.

Rousey vs Holm announced for UFC 195. Doesn't really make much sense, Tate earned the title shot and she was promised it, Holm should have been given at the very least a few more fights before getting Rousey even in this super thin division. In terms of the fight itself Holm is going to get absolutely fucked, Rousey via armbar whenever she wants. Although Rousey could beat her up standing just to prove a point. 

I just got involved in a really stupid argument elsewhere on the internet. Basically I contended that any UFC champion or serious championship contender would beat, in an MMA fight, anybody who is not a professional MMA fighter or boxer, Olympic level judoka or wrestler, or ADCC level submission grappler, regardless of strength or size disparities. I may have gone too far with that.

So basically, can Ronda Rousey beat Shaq in an MMA match? If not, who is the smallest MMA fighter who could beat Shaq in an MMA match?

So basically, can Ronda Rousey beat Shaq in an MMA match? If not, who is the smallest MMA fighter who could beat Shaq in an MMA match?

This question reminds me of the time when Genki Sudo beat Butterbean in a match. What a legend, best entrances in the game still.

I just got involved in a really stupid argument elsewhere on the internet. Basically I contended that any UFC champion or serious championship contender would beat, in an MMA fight, anybody who is not a professional MMA fighter or boxer, Olympic level judoka or wrestler, or ADCC level submission grappler, regardless of strength or size disparities. I may have gone too far with that.

Rhonda would take him. I wonder though about Joanna. She can crack but the size and strength disparity might be too much.

I think the best thing to do would be to move Joanna Champion to the 193 card and have her fight Tecia Torres since Claudia is hurt and probably won't be ready for 195 anyway. I feel like 193 needs another big fight and this would do it. Plus, it's great exposure for Joanna and the Strawweights. I think the casual UFC fans and the ones that only tune in for Ronda would love Joanna. She is such a badass.

Did anyone read the article on Grantland about the Gracie's and Jiu jitsu? I can't link it right now since I'm on mobile, but it's fascinating. It helps answer why there are so many of them and why their names all start with 'R'. I had no idea they (at least Carlos and Helio) were so weird.

• 2 weeks later...

Just as well 194 is chocka, the two champs are probably the two most pull-out prone fighters on the roster.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how Romero and Jacare look with the hardcore PED testing in full swing.

So Silva gets a one year suspension for going 0-2 against the urine cup, both for steroids, and Diaz gets a 5 year ban because weed popped up on one of his 3 tests. What the fuck is wrong with NSAC?

Archived