Is Hardhome the best episode of the season

FacelessMan666

"Hardhome" was fun but it had nothing to do with ASOIAF. It was a near complete fabrication on the part of the show-runners - an action sequence meant to make up for what they knew was a terrible first seven episodes in the worst season yet.

Hardhome was by far the best the epidsode of the season. I felt just about every episodes besides that one was terrible. Everything is rushed, with zero time to develop storylines or characters. The new characters come across as cartoon characters. And of course the usual pointless sex and nudity (except for the Cersei walk)

Just really, really bad season except for Hardhome.

• 2 months later...

"Hardhome" was fun but it had nothing to do with ASOIAF. It was a near complete fabrication on the part of the show-runners - an action sequence meant to make up for what they knew was a terrible first seven episodes in the worst season yet.

I've seen your posts around the forum and you sound like a D&D troll. If you don't like the show, why not stick to the books??

As has been stated many times: the show is the show and the books are the books.

I'd love to see your adaptation! Characters would probably just read straight from the books in a twenty year soap opera!

I've seen your posts around the forum and you sound like a D&D troll. If you don't like the show, why not stick to the books??

As has been stated many times: the show is the show and the books are the books.

I'd love to see your adaptation! Characters would probably just read straight from the books in a twenty year soap opera!

Lol great post. At least D&D gave us more WW's. George can't be bothered ffs. Bet he never even finishes the story.

Lol great post. At least D&D gave us more WW's. George can't be bothered ffs. Bet he never even finishes the story.

Thanks lol.. I wouldn't be surprised!

He'll be like, "Oh, you thought Jon Snow was a cliffhanger, did ya!?" "Well watch this one!" Haha

We the show fans will get at least an endgame. Let the D&D haters wait for "A Dream of Spring" coming out the Twelfth of Never.

all this yelling about fan fiction. The show is allowed to make its own story lines. I would say episode 9 was the best, they did the most horrific kill, then they pull us back in at meereen. Overall it was the weakest of the seasons, but thats because they had to set things up for a season 6. 8 9 and 10 made it all worth it. Plus the season wasn't that bad. Freaking Ser Barristan Selmy took out 13 dudes by himself. 

all this yelling about fan fiction. The show is allowed to make its own story lines. I would say episode 9 was the best, they did the most horrific kill, then they pull us back in at meereen. Overall it was the weakest of the seasons, but thats because they had to set things up for a season 6. 8 9 and 10 made it all worth it. Plus the season wasn't that bad. Freaking Ser Barristan Selmy took out 13 dudes by himself. 

I 100% agree with this 👍

And died to make room for more tyrion.

Yeah, the battle alone made it the best of the season.

Shoutout to episodes 2 and 9, though.

Episode 2 - Arya reunites with Jaqen, Brienne was a badass and protected Pod, Jon elected as Lord Commander...

Episode 9 - Shireen's death... Jorah in the fighting pits... Dany and Drogon...

I think clearly the last 2.5 episodes this season were more interesting than those that came before them, because everything previously was simply buildup to those moments. I guess unfortunately thats how it was always going to be, too many stories need setting up, and all the payoff came at the end. 

However thats not to say that there weren't any good scenes in previous episodes, there were loads. 

I think probably episode 10 is my fave this year however, it would be 8 but everything before Hardhome was pretty dull.

For the most part I liked season 5, may not have been as strong as others but still gave me some good stuff.

I especially liked Sansa story ( though it hurt deep :bawl: ) the death of Shireen :bawl: :ack: some lines got in there like KOTN who's name is Stark, Welcome home Lady Stark the North Remembers , Sam got some :devil: Arya's hall of faces ( that one face that looks like Cat I think we will see again next year, M Tren'ts comeuppance, Cersei's walk of shame and the newest KG.

Now I wait and see how season 6 gets tied in.

Archived