NFL VI

Kalbear

The Lions are going to literally be murdered at the hands of the Giants. The Giants have an astoundingly good pass rush and the Lions have one of the worst sack rates in the game. Many fumbles, sacks, and problems will happen.

The Lions are a decent team and possibly could get a wildcard because of their weak division, but of that schedule the only team I see them beating for sure is Arizona. And that's the Arizona that beat Pittsburgh. As easily as they could go 5-3 or 6-2 in that schedule I could see them going 1-7. They've already lost to Minnesota, they probably can't beat GB, and I don't see them winning against Dallas or the Giants. Or really, SD. KC is a likely but not certain win.

The Lions are going to literally be murdered at the hands of the Giants. The Giants have an astoundingly good pass rush and the Lions have one of the worst sack rates in the game. Many fumbles, sacks, and problems will happen.

The Lions are a decent team and possibly could get a wildcard because of their weak division, but of that schedule the only team I see them beating for sure is Arizona. And that's the Arizona that beat Pittsburgh. As easily as they could go 5-3 or 6-2 in that schedule I could see them going 1-7. They've already lost to Minnesota, they probably can't beat GB, and I don't see them winning against Dallas or the Giants. Or really, SD. KC is a likely but not certain win.

Exactly my sentiment in blunter terms. :P

BTW, the Lions beat the Vikings by a TD. Their only two losses are Philly and Washington.

Arent there some traditional board sig/avatar bets that take place in circumstances like these?

;)

I'm game- I'll bet my avatar and sig if Winterfella is up for it! 34-7 last time, nothing to fear! I'm even starting all of my Steelers in fantasy this week. I would love to see us tied for the division and split for the season though. Steelers fans want the rivalry back as much as Cleveland fans.

BTW, the Lions beat the Vikings by a TD. Their only two losses are Philly and Washington.
Crap, that's right. Sorry, I spaced on that. Yeah, they got murdered by Philly and Washington. The Giants are better than Philly and the Cowboys are much better than Washington.

The real key is Green Bay. Can GB's line protect against the surprisingly decent front four long enough to burn the various bad corners they have? I bet yes.

I'm game- I'll bet my avatar and sig if Winterfella is up for it! 34-7 last time, nothing to fear! I'm even starting all of my Steelers in fantasy this week. I would love to see us tied for the division and split for the season though. Steelers fans want the rivalry back as much as Cleveland fans.

Definitely. i am one of those steeler fans.

;)

Arent there some traditional board sig/avatar bets that take place in circumstances like these?

;)

I never bet for or against the Steelers. They invariably confound my ability to predict how they're going to play. Plus, I wouldn't want to jinx them. Additionally, it wouldn't be fair because we're going to kill them into teeny tiny bits. Oh poop, now I've gone and jinxed them... :leaving:

That game didn't feature Derek Motherfucking Anderson. I hear he's come to the league for two reasons: To chew bubblegum and kick some ass. And he ran out of bubblegum in week 2.

By the way, that PI call on Hobbs? It was the correct call. And yes, they have come out and apologized to the Pats for the wrong call before, so it's not like they wouldn't do it if they thought otherwise. I understand the call too; you can't just run right in front of a receiver and slow down and force them to come to a stop unless you're playing the ball, and he cut off Wayne before turning around to play the ball. They call this all the time.

The OPI call on Moss was still bad, but I think this one was the right call.

So with Derek Anderson shredding Fantasy Football leagues everywhere, what happens to Brady Quinn? Does he still become the Browns starter next year? Do they hold onto him on the bench? Do they ship him elsewhere?

What is andersons contract status?

So with Derek Anderson shredding Fantasy Football leagues everywhere, what happens to Brady Quinn? Does he still become the Browns starter next year? Do they hold onto him on the bench? Do they ship him elsewhere?

Of course they keep him on the bench. If they can sign Anderson. If Anderson continues to be the real thing this season and into next, well then, the Browns just might have a little problem of just who will trade them the most for Quinn...hello, Miami? Wanna pass again?

He's an unrestricted free agent after this year.

Funnily enough, he was a Ravens draft pick and they let him go, hoping he'd pass waivers and they could stash him on the practice squad. The Browns took him, and now the Ravens are left with McNair and Boller.

*Hurrying an overnight shipment of bubblegum to one D. Anderson

Those Steeler fans are wiley ones.

I think what I like most about Steelers games is watching people try to sack Big Ben. It's like the single most monumental task in football and very few seem capable of actually bringing him down. Usually they just send him through the washing machine, he spins around, comes out ok and throws a TD pass. Would Jared Lorenzen be this tough to bring down (outside of throwing a hotdog to the ground)? Or is there some elusive, greased up quality to Big Ben that I'm not aware of?

What is andersons contract status?
I thought he was an RFA next year, not unrestricted. That's why the Browns can put the tender on him and force someone to give them a 1st and 3rd for him.

Which, honestly? Someone's going to do. And someone's going to find out very quickly that if you don't have a good OLine and an astounding receiver, you're not going to do very well with a 54% completion rate passer.

Which, honestly? Someone's going to do. And someone's going to find out very quickly that if you don't have a good OLine and an astounding receiver, you're not going to do very well with a 54% completion rate passer.

I thought we weren't talking about Rex on this thread any more... :P

Archived