Prince of Nothing Fan Art

Acid Rainbow

are we sure they're space aliens and not just demons thrown out of hell for being too horny?

Well Golgotterath is describded as a spaceship, they use lazers as weapons, have genetic engineering, and Aurang mentions he blotted out Bakkerworld with his thumb.

It was like sinking into a warm, unbroken peach."
Now I have this bizarre image of the Inchoroi crossing with American Pie.

Bakker does know that peaches have pits in the middle, right?

All their creations have triptych limbs right? meaning that each leg ends in a tripod thinger (not really three legs, I don't think). Should we infer that they also have tripodal leg-ending legs?

No.

Only the Bashrag have that. And it's really 3 limbs sort of melded together (like siamese twin arms or something).

From what Scot said, they couldn't get the Tekne to give the Bashrag big/strong/sturdy enough arms and legs so instead they gave them 3 arms melded together to get that strength/sturdiness.

No way. "Long, folded wings curved like scythes over its powerful frame." There is also mention of Inchoroi "hanging above tumult" during battle against Cujara Cinmoi. I suppose they could use flying machines, but since none were mentioned, I take it to mean they were flying on their own.

Pretty sure it's both. The Inchoroi now have wings and back in the day they did have flying machines.

The initial battles, as I remember, describe them flying around in like flying vehicles firing blasters at everything. All that shit eventually breaks though.

There is also mention of Inchoroi "hanging above tumult" during battle against Cujara Cinmoi. I suppose they could use flying machines, but since none were mentioned, I take it to mean they were flying on their own.

The Glossary does mention them using flying machines with what sound like beam weapons (like the Heron Spear) in the battle against Cu'jara Cinmoi and his forces following the Womb Plague.

All that shit eventually breaks though.

Everything except the Heron Spear, apparently. It was a major advantage for them, though, while they lasted. I need to read the section again, but I'm almost positive that it says that one of the major factors that started swinging the long wars post-Womb Plague between the Inchoroi and the Nonmen towards the latter's favor was that the Inchoroi's space-age weaponry eventually all broke down, forcing them to rely more and more upon the Weapon Races in their battles with the Nonmen.

The Glossary does mention them using flying machines with what sound like beam weapons (like the Heron Spear) in the battle against Cu'jara Cinmoi and his forces following the Womb Plague.

Everything except the Heron Spear, apparently. It was a major advantage for them, though, while they lasted. I need to read the section again, but I'm almost positive that it says that one of the major factors that started swinging the long wars post-Womb Plague between the Inchoroi and the Nonmen towards the latter's favor was that the Inchoroi's space-age weaponry eventually all broke down, forcing them to rely more and more upon the Weapon Races in their battles with the Nonmen.

Yup. If the Inchoroi technology hadn't broken/run out of juice they would have won.

From what Scot said, they couldn't get the Tekne to give the Bashrag big/strong/sturdy enough arms and legs so instead they gave them 3 arms melded together to get that strength/sturdiness.

Is there an in-universe reason for that inability? Or was Bakker going for the whole "upper-limits-to-how-much-bones-can-support" thing? I'd thinking making huge arms and muscles is fairly easy. For example - http://www.bio.miami.edu/~cmallery/150/neuro/belgian.blue.jpg we pretty much know what's going on there genetically, even though the cow was bred to look like that the old fashioned way.

No, I think their weapons and shit are limited by the fact 99% of their population died, and they landed on a world with little to no manufacturing capabilities. If the ship's hospital ward survived, they would still be able to have genetic engineering, but if the ship's manufactory was destroyed, then they can't really do shit about it. Moreover, with the lasers, they clearly had some sort of high-density batteries. Maybe even nuclear. How would they even begin to start mining and refining uranium? How could they produce the tools that make the tools that make the tools to fix their equipment?

They clearly haven't forgotten their knowledge. They were able to engineer themselves and teach the Mangaecca how to use the Tekne, but they're lacking the infrastructure to do shit.

No, Scot or the books (or both) has said that they lack the KNOWLEDGE too.

Yeah, the TTT Glossary confirms this:

Mandate scholars claim that the fundamental principles of the Tekne have been long lost, and that the Consult can only proceed on the basis of an incomplete understanding, and using ancient and ill-understood instruments. This ignorance, they claim, is all that preserves the world from the No-God's return.

Of course, the qualification here is that it is only a Mandate Schoolmen theory. I can't remember if there's any direct comments from the Consult regarding the Tekne.

ETA: Actually, reading that quote again, it implies lost knowledge and "ancient" infrastructure/tools - so Jurble's claim had some merit and Shryke was correct to write "too" at the end of his sentence.

But they've clearly got a firm grasp of the Tekne now, skin-spies don't seem to be the easiest thing to manufacture.

No, not really.

The Skin-Spies have taken them a long time to trial and error their way to creating.

Really, think about it this way:

Take the population of New York. Shove them onboard a giant Space Ship with all the latest in equipment and gadgets and labs and manufactories and shit.

Then randomly wreck 90% of the stuff on the ship and randomly kill 99.99% of the people.

How much do you think the remaining randomly selected 0.01% are gonna get done?

They may, for instance, know how to USE a computer, but there's a good chance they've got no idea how to BUILD one. Or fix one if it breaks too much.

No, not really.

The Skin-Spies have taken them a long time to trial and error their way to creating.

Really, think about it this way:

Take the population of New York. Shove them onboard a giant Space Ship with all the latest in equipment and gadgets and labs and manufactories and shit.

Then randomly wreck 90% of the stuff on the ship and randomly kill 99.99% of the people.

How much do you think the remaining randomly selected 0.01% are gonna get done?

Exactly.

I'll give the Inchoroi their due - they built shit to last. You've got a beam weapon that remained functional for thousands of years (the Heron Spear, originally taken off of the Inchoroi King, Sil), all manner of technology that survived the Fall, and the ship itself, which wasn't even scratched by the impact.

Now I have this bizarre image of the Inchoroi crossing with American Pie.

Bakker does know that peaches have pits in the middle, right?

Yeah, there's something up with Bakker and sexualizing food items.

Coincidentally, Chris Weitz and Adam Herz (the guys who made American Pie) also wants to make Prince of Nothing into a movie...

Coincidentally, Chris Weitz and Adam Herz (the guys who made American Pie) also wants to make Prince of Nothing into a movie...

What?! Link please.

There's no way in hell PoN would ever be shown on a theatre. Even if they put all the rape-alien shit off screen, there's still the fact the main character is a ninja-jesus-ubermensch, and the villain is a living, confused tornado.

Archived