[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 2 Preview

TheEvilKing

And it seems we're already seeing Lady meet her fate. Poor direwolf. That was a sad scene in the book.

Yeah. Although for me the even sadder scene was when Arya had to chase Nymeria away by throwing rocks and yelling at her. For some reason that was even more heartbreaking to me. Even though in the book it's all described later by Arya instead of "shown", I'm hoping they show the scene on tv.

The clip with Dany was weird. I don't remember her like, getting wild and crazy with her maid, I seem to remember it was more like something her maid did to her without much passion involved, and I seem to remember her telling her maid to never do that again at one point. Maybe I'm wrong idk, someone remind me.

The clip with Dany was weird. I don't remember her like, getting wild and crazy with her maid, I seem to remember it was more like something her maid did to her without much passion involved, and I seem to remember her telling her maid to never do that again at one point. Maybe I'm wrong idk, someone remind me.
You're wrong; she does things a couple times.

You're wrong; she does things a couple times.

In the first book? All I remember is her maid doing stuff to her with her not eagerly participating in anything. And honestly I don't really even remember that happening until after her husband dies, but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

In the first book? All I remember is her maid doing stuff to her with her not eagerly participating in anything. And honestly I don't really even remember that happening until after her husband dies, but maybe I'm remembering wrong.

In the book doesnt' she do "things" with her maid and then ask for lessons on how to "please" drogo?

Technically she is.

She didn't kill the Hound, she just left him to die of wounds inflicted at the inn. Plus, a lot of people (myself included) think that while "The Hound" is dead, Sandor Clegane is still alive living as a penitent monk at that island monastery near Saltflats

I don't think she's saying it to the Hound. More likely to Joff or Sansa.

In the book doesnt' she do "things" with her maid and then ask for lessons on how to "please" drogo?

Never on screen, the only hint is that Viserys gives her the three maids, one to teach her how to ride, one to teach her the Dothraki language, and the third to train her in "the womanly arts of love".

Who cares if we're in for a detailed viewing of the training, I find it hilarious we have a thread for "Nudity in GOT" but not one for "Violence in GOT."

But it's what you can expect from our culture these days right?

Anyways, I for one am happy to see the second episode, seeing the 15 minute preview and all the spoilers for the first episode made it not so special, so I'm completely unspoiled for this episode and I love it!

Iirc, the passage in question says that Doreah comes to dinner with Dany, says "You honor me", and then the comment is made that it was not honor, only service. There is no detail given. So we're left to our own imaginations in the books. Looks like we won't be imagining things in the scene!

Given the situation when the two women are talking, I actually don't find it difficult to believe that Cat would say that to Cersei. Especially if Cersei's being "tactful" or "helpful". It'll be interesting to see where it actually comes up, though - certainly the line about being thrown from the tower is also changed around depending on preview, so it'll be good to hear all of these in their intended contexts.

That looks great. I love Benjen's delivery of "Welcome".

Although, what's with Theon's sudden blond hair? Don't think the Ironborn would approve of that...

I know this site is well established but not everyone has read all the books. I keep seeing this name Theon come up and I have no clue who he is and I dont want to know anything about him.....

Theon come up and I have no clue who he is and I dont want to know anything about him.....
You've already met Theon; he was the one who held Ned's scabbard as he kills the deserter, who was about to kill the pups with a knife, and was with Jon and Robb getting shaved and talking smack about the queen.

You've already met Theon; he was the one who held Ned's scabbard as he kills the deserter, who was about to kill the pups with a knife, and was with Jon and Robb getting shaved and talking smack about the queen.

ah ha....while reading, it's been tough for me to form connections or visualizations of characters who had no chapters. It took me a while to remember who the Kingslayer was and not confuse him with that of the King or some other random knight or lord.....

There's this one quick shot with Sansa turning around to see the Hound, and a voice says "I'll kill you for what you did." I really doubt this is Sansa.

Arya, perhaps? Do you think they would add a quick scene or part with Arya/Hound to give them some more history?

Like others have pointed out, it's actually Arya dubbed over a shot of Sansa, but if you listen closely she's saying "They'll kill you for what you did," likely directed to Nymeria trying chase her off after attacking Joffery

Archived