TitanCon 2012 - Belfast - 22 Sept

Giant's Causeway is what's worrying me. Would wellies suffice for that? I don't want to spend shitloads of money on some proper walking boots or anything :P

I'll be doing it in cheep trainers. (although I will be taking 2 pairs so I can swap them if one gets wet.)

You could always deciede not to walk on the causeway itself if it looks iffy.

I'll be doing it in cheep trainers. (although I will be taking 2 pairs so I can swap them if one gets wet.)

You could always deciede not to walk on the causeway itself if it looks iffy.

I'll look into buying some cheap trainers or something with a bit of grip then. I'd like to join in, stupid hip ruining my life. We shall see how it goes! :D

Ill remove the comment if you want, Im only asking for info on the event tbh and what part extras have at it, I haven't discussed any work at all, I'm pretty sure your allowed to tell people your an extra, look at their facebook page, there is lots of people on their page talking about being an extra on GoT

Your comment is your comment, that's between you and the moderation team. Likewise, it's up to yourself whether you want to volunteer for this or not. I'm sure one of the Titancon committee will get back to you on that.

I shouldn't have to point it out, but just to let you know that my comment was only a query to remove any ambiguity from your own.

Calling all masqueraders! We need your entries now!

Not been much of a response so far and it would be a shame to cancel that part of the evenings entertainment. I also don't want to fail at my first TitanCon admin job!

So hunt through the wardrobe and find that hidden Dothraki garb and sign on up to to the masquerade. It should also be stressed it doesn't have to be Game of Thrones related.

http://www.titancon..../masquerade.php

:bowdown: Please don't make me resurrect the Bran/Hodor outfit. I can't enter a competition I'm organising! :blush:

Greetings to all you lucky folks who will be part of TitanCon!

I had hoped to join you all this year, but the damn Emmys awards show is the same weekend, and we do have obligations that outweigh the fun sometimes.

But at least we'll be thinking of all you folks that weekend, and we've sent lots of things for the charity fundraisers that LMG is so adept and running.

Among the items we gave LMG:

The core sets for the Fantasy Flight board and the card game, and multiple extension sets, expansion sets, card packs.

The 2012 calendar, signed by George and the Hugo Best Pro artist, the remarkable John Picacio.

The 2013 calendar, signed by George, art by Mark Simonetti.

T-shirts! Lots of the original House t-shirts, and long-sleeved tees. Some of these will be given to volunteers, to thank them for all the work and time they give to TitanCon.

Some signed books. We didn't want to weigh down LMGs and those good euro-Bros who took a few items back in their luggage as well, so we choose to give mostly smaller and lighter items than the books - except the FFG core sets, those suckers are big and heavy!

But we did send a few books:

The original USA Bantam hardcover of SoS, with the blue foil/Steve You'll cover.

The USA original hardcover of AFfC, the gold and red cover, signed by George.

Spanish and German editions of several titles, including the graphic novels.

There's a few other goodies that I won't mention here, so you all will have a least a few surprises.

So spread the word about the fundraisers, and all the good times to be had at TitanCon, and have a great time!

Parris

Archived