TitanCon 2012 - Belfast - 22 Sept

We're putting out a call for volunteers today. TitanCon cannot work without the assistance of good people willing to give up an hour or two of their time to help us run the convention. We need people to man the reception desk, stand door security, assist at panels, manage queues of people, be gophers and help out with the set up and tear down of the convention.

If this is your first TitanCon then you'll probably want to relax and enjoy it (although all help offered is gratefully received) but if you were with us last year then we'd be very grateful if you'd be willing to volunteer your time in some capacity during the day. It could mean missing out on an awesome panel but we'll try to schedule your shifts so you get to see the things you really want to see. The more volunteers we get the further we can spread the assignments around. If we get enough volunteers then each person will only need to do one or maybe two hours of work.

Please visit our volunteers page to fill in a volunteer form and get more information. Thank you.

I just volunteered. For reception. :)

Again. :P

Too late there is no squirming out of that little loophole for you!

LMG, is there stuff like helping out at the bar? I don't want to miss anything, seeing thsi is my first time (who knows, my only?) there, but I would volunteer for something. I am worried, however, that I wouldn't understand the accents well. :blushing:

Thanks Adz :)

Oh :frown5: Well, that's great, but it means I will have to be selfish and not volunteer. Once it's done and I take a look at it I'll let you know, I'd love to help out :)

I totally understand, but like I said if this is your first TitanCon you should enjoy it :)

LMG, is there stuff like helping out at the bar? I don't want to miss anything, seeing thsi is my first time (who knows, my only?) there, but I would volunteer for something. I am worried, however, that I wouldn't understand the accents well. :blushing:

The Europa Hotel have their own bar staff and are not allowed to serve alcohol ourselves. Same as above, don't worry if this is your first time with us, we want you to enjoy the day. If you come back a second time we'll make you work for it then.

Check out this article from today's Belfast Telegraph about TitanCon and the Game of Thrones Coach Tour.

No idea where the cartoon map of the coach tour route came from but I love it.

Great article. :thumbsup:

But: TitaCon??? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

*le sigh*

I found out earlier today that as of September, my hours at work are being reduced, which obviously means less money. Working part time sucks, let me tell you. I get paid a pittance as it is, and now I'm getting less!

As it is, in an attempt to save as much money as I can without resorting to a hostel which is miles away from civilization, is there anybody staying at Days that is looking for a roomie? Or somebody that hasn't booked yet and would consider staying at Days if they could go halves on the payment with a roomie?

Edit: I have found a roomie. :) Thanks very much Sanette.

With the coach tour sold out can you still buy membership to the saturday event + also attend the friday? And do many people go by themselves, or do most have people with them (I only have one friend who's interested in the series but he's a cheapskate.. but I'd hopefully be able to convince him if need be.)

I'd definitely be up for attending this year, I've been putting off a weekend in Ireland for a few months already, and what better than Game of Thrones to lure me there? :)

Hi Robb

Yes you absolutely can still buy a membership for the convention on Saturday, we have plenty of memberships available! And the Friday event is FREE to anyone and everyone whether they are attending TitanCon or not. So please come along and join us it will still be an awesome weekend even if you missed out on the coach tour.

Plenty of people are coming on their own. One of the best parts of attending an event like this is that you already have something major in common with everyone there so its easy to make new friends. Posting on this board means you're automatically part of the Brotherhood Without Banners group, everyone here is really friendly and if necessary they will find you and drag you into hanging out with them whether you like it or not.

Err, actually I meant that to be a nice and reassuring thing rather than some disturbing creepy threat. Rest assured you won't end up spending the entire day all alone by yourself.

www.titancon.com

Right time for a few updates:

Culture Night

We're delighted to announce that after months of uncertainty Culture Night Belfast will go ahead on Friday 21 September and TitanCon's evening meet up at McHughs pub featuring our author guests reading extracts from their latest work will be part of the Culture Night programme of events.

Culture Night is a FREE event taking place in the Cathedral Quarter of Belfast and celebrates the artistic diversity of Belfast. This includes hundreds of artists and cultural organisations and annually draws approximately 15-20,000 people to dozens and dozens of events taking place all across the city.

Coach Tour

For the convenience of those that have asked us about how to get to Belfast International Airport because they want to go directly there from the feast at Shane's Castle, we have added a stop off at the airport on the way back to the Europa Hotel. To make sure we are organised in advance we'd like to know how many people wish to go directly to the airport so please get in touch with us to let us know if you (and the people you're travelling with) would like to make that stop. Remember you will need to bring all of your luggage with you on the day.

We regret to announce that the SCA are unable to attend TitanCon this year to run our archery workshop, but we are in contact with someone who will hopefully be able to step in and take on the task for us. We will confirm as soon as possible if the workshop will go ahead as planned or if we will have to cancel. We'll be trusting to our luck like Davos that that doesn't happen.

The committee is working hard on the TitanCon programming schedule and we hope to be in a position to announce that within the next few weeks. One detail we can share with you is that we've secured the Europa Exhibition Centre for an extra hour so our disco can continue till 1.00 am. For some people getting up early for the coach tour in the morning that may not be good news but for those that want to party harder on Saturday night we hope you'll appreciate the extra dancing time.

Just to confirm the opening and closing times for you:

Doors open 9.00 am.

Opening ceremony starts at 9.45 am with the first panels at 10.00 am.

Lunch break from 1.00 pm - 2.00 pm.

Closing ceremony will be from 6.00 pm - 6.30 pm.

Evening entertainment starts at 7.30 pm and will close at 1.00 am.

GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT:

Screenwriters Spence Wright and Richard Crawford will be our guests at TitanCon 2012 discussing the ins and outs of script writing.

Spence is best known for horror movie Red Mist which featured Game of Thrones actors Stephen Dillane and Art Parkinson. Also keep an eye out for two upcoming horrors scripted by Spence, zombie flick DEADlocked and Vampires Vs Leprechauns. Yes really.

Richard is known for novel The Minstrel Boy and for scripting raucous comedy movie The Abduction Club which featured Game of Thrones actor Liam Cunningham. Richard's script for feature film The Undefended is due to start preproduction in the autumn.

GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT:

Screenwriters Spence Wright and Richard Crawford will be our guests at TitanCon 2012 discussing the ins and outs of script writing.

Spence is best known for horror movie Red Mist which featured Game of Thrones actors Stephen Dillane and Art Parkinson. Also keep an eye out for two upcoming horrors scripted by Spence, zombie flick DEADlocked and Vampires Vs Leprechauns. Yes really.

Richard is known for novel The Minstrel Boy and for scripting raucous comedy movie The Abduction Club which featured Game of Thrones actor Liam Cunningham. Richard's script for feature film The Undefended is due to start preproduction in the autumn.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

I won't be able to make titancon. :(

The colleague I was doing a shift-swap with is movign to another job and I can't get the time off.

That means there's now a coach ticket free, if there's anyone needing it.

The colleague I was doing a shift-swap with is movign to another job and I can't get the time off.

That means there's now a coach ticket free, if there's anyone needing it

Pity you can't make it, Derfel :(

I think HamsterOfDoom was looking for a coach tour ticket earlier in this thread, maybe she's still interested?

That means there's now a coach ticket free, if there's anyone needing it.

Sorry to hear that. It is your call on who you sell the coach tour ticket and membership to. The details on how to transfer membership is provided on our transfer page.

Archived