TitanCon 2012 - Belfast - 22 Sept

Oh no Adz! Who will I smoke with now? :crying: Very sad news, work sucks.

Sorry. :( Maybe next time. :D leaving:

Adz but I SO wanted to hug you almost to death again.

this working thing is just not right. Hope to see you soon.

I so wanted to hug you too Pebs. :crying:

Hope we see each other soon, too. :kiss:

Me :) Glad I'm not the only addict ;)

There you go Drac. ;)

The best laid plans...

The filming schedule for season 3 of Game of Thrones has been problematic to say the least. More so than either of the first two seasons, or at least that's how it appears to me. It has been constantly in flux for the last few weeks and months for many reasons, but mainly because of a certain someone who knows nothing and his very broken ankle. The schedule is changing on an almost hourly basis and therefore we still don't know who will be around and available a week Saturday to attend our convention. There are a number of additional guests that would like to attend but they still can't confirm their schedule even this close to the date!

Another problem for us is that the schedule this year includes Saturday filming. This has been necessary to meet the challenging demands of filming in four different countries and we totally understand and respect what the production team is going through to put this season together. However, we have some bad news that we felt was only right to share with you all. This morning (13 September) the schedule was changed again. We received news from Kristian Nairn that the filming he was scheduled for this coming Saturday (15 September) has been cancelled and will instead take place on Saturday 22 September. This change of plan also affects Art Parkinson (make of that what you will). This means that as it stands right now both of these guests will be unable to attend TitanCon. However, the schedule could easily change again by next week or they may be done early enough in the day that they can join us for late afternoon/early evening - but they make no promises that this will happen or that they will be there at all. Unfortunately this is the risk we took with running TitanCon during the filming schedule.

All this means that our original plan to sell photo session slots from Saturday 15 September and to open registration for the Dothraki Jewellery Workshop and Round Table sessions on Sunday 16 September have for now been put on hold. We are going to need a few extra days to allow the filming schedule to settle, finalise our list of guests and make new plans for what we're going to do at TitanCon. We would prefer to have our plans firmly in place by Wednesday or Thursday next week but it might be that we won't be able to announce our final line up and schedule until Saturday morning when everyone starts arriving at the Europa Hotel. If that happens then the sign up and photo session sales will take place on Saturday morning from 9.00 am. But we will update everyone with news about this as soon as we possibly can.

Whatever happens we want to reassure everyone coming to TitanCon that we are going to have a fantastic time with whoever is there on the day. To that end, here's some good news:

GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT: Ian McElhinney (Barristan) and Callum Wharry (Tommen Baratheon)

We are delighted to announce that Ian McElhinney ~ Barristan Selmy will be joining us at TitanCon 2012. In his 64 years I suspect Ian McElhinney has never picked up a sword in anger and yet I firmly believe he really could carve me up like a cake should the need arise. A testimony to the great acting Ian brought to the role of Barristan Selmy in season one of Game of Thrones. It is also another point in the long list of perfect casting choices in the show. Barristan the Bold is one of the few genuine and honourable characters in the series and Ian is exactly that in real life, one of the nicest guys you could ever hope to meet.

We are also pleased to welcome back Callum Wharry ~ Tommen Baratheon for a second TitanCon in a row. Last year Callum had a football match in the morning and joined us in the afternoon and it will be the same story this year. Here's hoping that we are a good luck charm like last year and Callum's team win the match again!

Oh, and I really hope the photosession sales will open before next wednesday. I fly on thursday and wont have access to the internet anymore.

LMG, In case the sale is delayed that much would it be possible for those who are in Belfast already on Friday to purchase a photosession ticket then, when completing registration and picking up membership badges Friday afternoon?

We'll do the best we can to provide a fair chance for everyone to sign up for the photo shoots, Dothraki Jewellery Workshop and Round Table sessions.

I would recommend finding some way of checking the Internet while you are in Belfast to make sure you don't miss out on any announcements. Even if you have to go into an Internet cafe or use a hotel computer. I will post any updates on this thread here on Westeros as well as announcements on the TitanCon website and Twitter feed.

Someone with more time on their hands than me could take pity on you, get your phone number and call you with updates and news when they are announced. Or you could volunteer, that's a good way to get in the loop of what's going on.

Oh, and I really hope the photosession sales will open before next wednesday. I fly on thursday and wont have access to the internet anymore.

LMG, In case the sale is delayed that much would it be possible for those who are in Belfast already on Friday to purchase a photosession ticket then, when completing registration and picking up membership badges Friday afternoon?

Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? I could get your number and text you any important updates if you'll be using a UK number. Or Facebook? I'd be happy to do so. I'm not flying until Friday afternoon, and I *hope* everything will be sorted by then? :P

Where are you from, if you don't mind me asking? I could get your number and text you any important updates if you'll be using a UK number. Or Facebook? I'd be happy to do so. I'm not flying until Friday afternoon, and I *hope* everything will be sorted by then? :P

Thanks Drac :)

I'm from Germany. But I guess my Hostel will have WLAN, 21st Century and all. Need to talk to my provider and see how IE/UK coverage is.

I'm from Germany. But I guess my Hostel will have WLAN, 21st Century and all. Need to talk to my provider and see how IE/UK coverage is.

Hi fellow German. :)

Where are you from, if I may ask?

If you don't already know... I'm from Cologne. :devil:

If you have internet on your phone/have wifi in your hostel, Facebook or WhatsApp would be great :) Feel free to PM me!

Berlin... and I'd never have guessed... pity you cant make it :D

Ah, the capital! ;)

Yes, it's a shame. I'd have liked to meet another German BwB member. :(

But maybe another time. :)

I'm sure you all will have a great time! It was totally awesome last year!!! :thumbsup:

We'll do the best we can to provide a fair chance for everyone to sign up for the photo shoots, Dothraki Jewellery Workshop and Round Table sessions.

I would recommend finding some way of checking the Internet while you are in Belfast to make sure you don't miss out on any announcements. Even if you have to go into an Internet cafe or use a hotel computer. I will post any updates on this thread here on Westeros as well as announcements on the TitanCon website and Twitter feed.

Someone with more time on their hands than me could take pity on you, get your phone number and call you with updates and news when they are announced. Or you could volunteer, that's a good way to get in the loop of what's going on.

Speaking of Volunteering, haven't heard anything since the email I got in July?

We will be sending out emails to all volunteers within the next few days with details about the Volunteers Meeting which will take place next Thursday evening at the Europa Hotel, Belfast. Most of the shift times and duties will be assigned at that meeting. If you can't make it to that we will catch up with you on Friday afternoon/evening or first thing on Saturday morning when you arrive to discuss your schedule.

We will be sending out emails to all volunteers within the next few days with details about the Volunteers Meeting which will take place next Thursday evening at the Europa Hotel, Belfast. Most of the shift times and duties will be assigned at that meeting. If you can't make it to that we will catch up with you on Friday afternoon/evening or first thing on Saturday morning when you arrive to discuss your schedule.

I think I allready sent you a voluntee form ages ago but could not remember for sure, so I sent you another just incase.

Hey MG we understand you can't really definatly confirm anything about the actors until they have stopped filming for the season. and even then it can be iffy. I know it must be fustrating for you but I'm sure whoever turns up will have a blast. It will be fantastic. Try not to stress too much

Archived