EW Reveals Exclusive New Trailer

Westeros

2) That they will be unable to capture the naval battle of the Battle of the Blackwater appropriately due to the fact that Dubrovnick doesn't appear to have a river similar to what is described for King's Landing and that makes me wonder how they'll be able to incorporate the Chain, which is an important part of the second book.

They build a wall section close to the water.

And omg i just noticed Pod in the new trailer, cant belive no one has commented on him so far. He looks the part and then some.

Fan-frelling-tastic trailer! For the first time since the trailers and teasers started coming I'm truly excited about the season.

And Florence's voice and twinkling piano running over those gorgeous scenes gave me goose bumps!

Kudos HBO for great editing and a wonderful choice of music.

James Hibberd at EW has the exclusive new trailer for the second seasons of Game of Thrones, with a decidedly different style to earlier trailers as it uses the song “Seven Devils ” by Florence + the Machine (note: big fans!) over images of war and turmoil in the Seven Kingdoms. Many of the shots are those we’ve seen before… but there’s a slightly better glimpse of Pyat Pree, some new dialog from Tyrion that comes from the novel, and some nice shots from Iceland.

Check it out!

Visit the Site!

Well I fully approve your berrating of James Hibberd having a dig at FOTR and Enya. Totally uncalled for and rather letting his enthusiasm for Flo et al and / or GoT get the better of him.

*shakes his fist at Hibberd with that Enya crack*

That said, HBO is being a wee bit of a copycat, what with the last season of the The Tudors featuring a Florence + the Machine song ("Howl", goth romantic anthem supreme) for their trailer.

Good trailer, a handful of new shots, and a reminder that "Blackwater" is going to be pretty epic.

Its funny reading the replies over on WIC. Its kind of desolved into a flame war over a freaking song. I liked it. I can understand people not liking it. Its the risk you take when you put commercial music in trailers. But I'll take that song over the Stannis voice overs. I did not think that was the right way to kick off teasing season 2.

People take everything a bit too seriously over at WIC.Net. I mean, its a freaking song on one freaking trailer.

Kinda funny though.

Gosh, this is amazing. I think Peter Dinklage is gonna get some award nominations this year again. The scenes beyond the Wall and on Essos look so beautiful, I can't wait to see that.

Oh baby you're so hot when you laugh.

Heh, you either have it or you don't. :P

Great trailer, but I liked the one before that better somehow. Probably because there is not so much new material. (although that last shot of the rider with Winterfell in the distance is gorgeous!)

3 battles?

It is two. The show is fucking up things now. No battles took place at Ashmark and Crag as they were poorly protected.

You need a reread.

1)whispering wood

2)Oxcross

3)the battle in which he captured the westerling castle,took an arrow to the chest and got later "comforted" by Jeyne Westerling.

Archived