EW Reveals Exclusive New Trailer

Westeros

Did not Old Nan mention them in some story? We might see them some time, together with grumkins and snarks ;)!

Heh, it would so be Martin to write them in and have the CGI guys at HBO deal with giant spiders, too, on top of dragons and driewolves. :P

And I'll have to hit the Fast Forward like I do with the Shelob scenes in LOTR. ;)

Btw, who is this guy again that walks towards Dany with the guards around him, the big bald one? Is that Strong Belwas? I'm sort of blanking on how they met right now.

The fat dude is a Qartheen merchant character created for the show, I think they're calling him the Spice King, not sure if he'll have a name beyond that. Also in that shot are Xaro Xoan Daxos (in the back) and Pyatt Pree (to the left of the Spice King guy).

The fat dude is a Qartheen merchant character created for the show, I think they're calling him the Spice King, not sure if he'll have a name beyond that. Also in that shot are Xaro Xoan Daxos (in the back) and Pyatt Pree (to the left of the Spice King guy).

I totally agree that the larger man is the Spice King played by Nicholas Blane and that the black character is Xaro Xhoan Daxos played by Nonso Anozie. I don't think we see Pyat Pree in this trailer though. I think we catch a glimpse of him in the Invitation to the Set video. I have a screencap:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VL6Uzvf6tcI/T0QCoGnQFcI/AAAAAAAAAG0/fAywzBn1UMA/s1600/Dany+outside+Qarth.jpg

and I think that is Ian Hanmore as Pyat Pree in the purple/blue robes. He stands out from the merchants who are all similarly dressed but I know the blue lips of the gentleman you pointed out (screenshot linked below) made a lot of people speculate that he was Pree:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-CK5-CT9q7JA/TyfFQVgwNfI/AAAAAAAAAEA/hsUou24oCdY/s1600/29+Qartheen.jpg

I just watched it again and got goosebumps. Jon Snow running through the woods :wub:, Tyrion in armour and the music. Such a good trailer

I really hope they keep the Tyrion scene faithful to the book. His contemptuous dismissal of The Hound, jumping on the horse and rallying the men around him before sallying forth was the most badass scene in the entire battle.

I remember how the gem of film Ladyhawke (1985) was spoiled by an awful an awful score.

The juxtaposition of the contemporary music with the medieval setting was horrible!

I happen to like the sountrack for the preview, but I dont think they will change the style of music from the first season, because they dont need to, it was perfect.

This show is too successful for them to try to fix things that aren't broken.

Even though I love the politics, It looks like this season is going to be a lot more action. As long as they dont completely fug something up this show will make it to the conclusion of the series.

That the "north" will consist too much of frozen waste land when there should be equal parts forested areas as well as the mountains of the frost fangs.

If you watch "the making of game of thrones" on HBO or youtube, the producers state that that they chose the mountains in Iceland (frozen waste) as the frostfangs. I dont think that all of North, or even all of beyond the wall for that matter , was filmed there.

Just the parts with

Jon and quorin halfhand when he "deserts"

also, completely unrelated to your post... I cant wait to see how they pull off "the Battle of the Fist of the First Men". That shit is gonna be epic.

Maybe there are no Unsullied in Qarth? Maybe they are just normal guards? Can't remember them being there in the book. Jorah would have mentioned them earlier, instead of suggesting to Dany they sail for Astapor where they all train.

I remember Illyrio Mopatis had Unsullied guards in episode 1 of season 1 that were pretty loyal to the descriptions in the book.

The Unsullied do not appear before Storm! ;)

I dont quite remember when they appear in the books, but watch at 0:45 into the video.

That looks like the slavers bringing out the unsullied and parading them in formation to show to dany.

like they did in the books, right before she betrayed the slavers and killed them.

I've reread Clash recently and I really cant recall at all any mention of Unsullied.

But I'll go back through the moment in Storm when Jorah advice Dany to go to Astapor to see if the says anything about them being in Qarth, but I dont recall that either.

I think the slaver says something along the lines of "Unsullied can be used as household guards, mixed in with regular soldiers, but if they do they might grow fat and lazy. They work best as a regiment, together in large numbers" etc etc,

I figured these guys at Illyrio's were Unsullied based on their description in the book (spear, shield, pointed helm) but I could be wrong:http://i.imgur.com/c3wue.jpg

Archived