Who will come to Sansa's rescue

SonOfWinter

Blackfish will almost certainly be going to the Eyrie. As far as he knows, Sweetrobin (and maybe Lysa if he hasn't found out yet) is his only remaining family apart from "Arya" and the missing Sansa. I can see him going to the Eyrie and meeting up with Sansa (who he's never met before IIRC) but he will recognise her since she looks so much like Catelyn (at least Baelish seems to think.)

I actually think that Yohn Royce knows who she is, and is just going along with the facade to keep her safe from the Lannister's. Miranda mentioning the new LC of the Night's Watch, makes me wonder if she knows as well.

I think Sansa will off Littlefinger on her own some time after she learns of his engineering her father's death and sending her friend Jeyne Poole to wed Ramsay.

I think differently when Cersei sends someone to kill Sansa or gets Sansa to King's Landing.

"True knights." The queen seemed to find that wonderfully amusing. "No doubt you're right. So why don't you just eat your broth like a good girl and wait for Symeon Star-Eyes and Prince Aemon the Dragonknight to come rescue you, sweetling. I'm sure it won't be very long now."

Jaime (Aemon the Dragonknight) and Brienne (Symeon Star-Eyes) will come to fulfill their vow to Cat to see that Sansa is safe.

Symeon was blind and replaced his eyes with Sapphires and of course Jaime made the reference to sapphires in connection to Brienne. Also Brienne is metephorically blind in regards to Jaime.

Brienne also has blue eyes. Jaime bears a resemblance to Aemon the Dragonknight: unrivaled swordsman and member of the Kingsguard who was in love with his sister who was also married to the king, and was rumored to have fathered the crown prince and later king.

I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings but GRRM is known to surprise his readers, for instance with an unexpected redemption arc.

So I suppose he can do the opposite as well, in turning Sansa into a much darker character.

Knowing to expect the unexpected (ETA from GRRM) maybe Sansa will not feel the need to be rescued from Littlefinger.

I'm not suggesting she could fall in love with him, but it is possible she chooses to accept the position, security and powerbase he could give her.

I think Sansa will off Littlefinger on her own some time after she learns of his engineering her father's death and sending her friend Jeyne Poole to wed Ramsay.

I think differently when Cersei sends someone to kill Sansa or gets Sansa to King's Landing.

Jaime (Aemon the Dragonknight) and Brienne (Symeon Star-Eyes) will come to fulfill their vow to Cat to see that Sansa is safe.

Brienne also has blue eyes. Jaime bears a resemblance to Aemon the Dragonknight: unrivaled swordsman and member of the Kingsguard who was in love with his sister who was also married to the king, and was rumored to have fathered the crown prince and later king.

That's really well thought out. I think Sansa's arc is one of the hardest to predict, following Arya's. There's so many options. I'd love to see her take control of her own situation, I could see her being the queen younger and more beautiful than Cersei. I could see her seducing baelish and killing him with one of the choker beads that he gave her, that'd be pretty ironic. Then she could simply be the smarter between her and Harry, or tell Robin she wants to marry him since he would be easier to control. But having the Hound or the Blackfish or Brienne and Jaime could all be great to read as well. One reason I think Sansa will take control of her own situation tho is because all of those characters I just mentioned could have other destinations which would still fit the plot. Also Sansa has been an idiot in other parts of the story, but she is finally starting to learn. She figured out on her own that littlefinger had bribed the guy who pulled his sword while under guest rights when the knights declarent came to the Erie. She also manipulates Robin really well.

Sansa becoming an antagonist by the end would be really interesting. Perhaps playing a LF-esque role at court by the end?

Yep, I think we can expect anything from GRRM. He turns Arya from an innocent girl in a hired assassin, he makes Bran doing things that are considered abomination (skinchanging into a human) ... he may have something nasty in store for Sansa :crying:

Many people have compared Sansa to a fairy tale princess or damsel in distress and she frequently thinks about fairytales/needless to say we are all aware of the parallels

Stereotypically the fairytale princess and heroine is often helpless and needs to be rescued by a prince or knight in shining armour.

According to these articles, this is actually a later development, and was caused by fairytales as a genre shifting from 'told by women to women/girls" to "told by men to women often with a didactic purpose in mind."

This of course accompanied the process by which fairytales were written down.

http://www.endicott-...athNeedles.html

http://www.endicott-...m/forconte.html

http://www.endicott-studio.com/rdrm/forsleep.html

http://www.endicott-...wivestales.html

So I think Sansa's arc is actually to save herself.

If anyone "comes" to rescue Sansa, it will be the hound. could it really be anyone else. Before you say it, Sansa would stand the get raped by the Imp just as likely she might if she stays around Littlefinger any longer. However, i strongly feel she will be Aegon's queen in the Winds of Winter.

The Hound is still not fully recovered from his wounds. He is walking around with a noticeable limp in AFfC (if the gravedigger is infact Sandor, which I think it is). He probably does not have his full strength back yet either. The timeline makes it impossible for him to be heading down to KL to fight Robert Strong at Cersei's trial. Besides, as far as he or anyone else knows, The Mountain is dead. He has no reason to head south.

He also has no reason to head to the Vale, unless of course a certain Blackfish washes up on the shore of the Quiet Isle. The Blackfish is heading back to the Vale. That is where he is was before he helped Robb and I think that is where he is returning. He has friends there. By now, most everyone probably knows that Littlefinger is in the Vale. Aside from Varys, Littlefinger is the person who knew the most in KL. Its entirely possible that draws Brienne and Jaimie (assuming Jaimie doesnt hang) who are in search for Sansa. It could also draw the Blackfish and Sandor. A merry band of 4 people heading to the Vale.

Also, Sandor will see through Alayne's disguise in a heartbeat. She might fool the others, but The Hound will know immediately. It will be around then that Littlefinger's plotting will begin to backfire against him.

I also agree with the others that Bronze Yohn will be a powerful ally for Sansa.

As I posted before and got screamed at - in another thread

Sansa is well on her way to becoming Littlefingers' little whore - all those kisses, which she is still doesn't like but is becoming accustom to, are leading somewhere...

I think Sansa will have to save herself or give up and let Petyr have his way.

I'd love to see Sansa rise up and slay LF herself - hopefully with the very knife her held to her fathers throat - which he still carries,. Otherwise she'll still be just a pawn and never a player.

She has to take matters into her own hands. I'm hoping there's a weirwood Heartree in the Godswood and Bran and BR will be the ones to show her the way.

Sansa is well on her way to becoming Littlefingers' little whore - all those kisses, which she is still doesn't like but is becoming accustom to, are leading somewhere...

I'd love to see Sansa rise up and slay LF herself - hopefully with the very knife her held to her fathers throat - which he still carries,. Otherwise she'll still be just a pawn and never a player.

She has to take matters into her own hands. I'm hoping there's a weirwood Heartree in the Godswood and Bran and BR will be the ones to show her the way.

I feel much the same way you do regarding Sansa. There seems to be strong support for her to become this great player and manipulator, but I just don't see it. She doesn't seem to have it in her to be the master planner that people want her to become. I think she needs someone to come rescue her, just like she needed someone to come rescue her from KL.

There are no weirwood trees in vale.

Really?

They tried to grow one at the Eryie but it wouldn't take - soil too thin and ground to rocky - meaning they couldn't plant a tree with a seer under it but I thought that there would be one down at the lower castle of the Gates.

I guess a Godswood will have to do but BR did say that eventually Bran won't need the Trees to see.

^Yes, I would assume their are weirwoods in the Vale just not in the Eyrie.

If anyone "comes" to rescue Sansa, it will be the hound. could it really be anyone else. Before you say it, Sansa would stand the get raped by the Imp just as likely she might if she stays around Littlefinger any longer. However, i strongly feel she will be Aegon's queen in the Winds of Winter.

I can definitely see her and Aegon getting together. Arianne is too predictable of a match for him.

I think that Sansa is smart enough to engineer her escape herself.

LOL, we are talking about the girl that betrayed her father's secrets to the Queen and got him killed right? The same girl that can't see what LF is doing with her. The chances of Sansa saving herself are about as remote as GRRM finishing the TWOW before Christmas 2012. Sansa has been a brainless pawn the entire series, what makes you think she is suddenly going to be able to outwit LF?

That could be a good reason for her to finally wake up. And since I think that is a plot/story to be realized in the final book, since LF is too much fun, motherhood could be another good reason?

LOL, we are talking about the girl that betrayed her father's secrets to the Queen and got him killed right? The same girl that can't see what LF is doing with her. The chances of Sansa saving herself are about as remote as GRRM finishing the TWOW before Christmas 2012. Sansa has been a brainless pawn the entire series, what makes you think she is suddenly going to be able to outwit LF?

I've hated Sansa the entire story for these exact reasons she has been dumb at every turn, but thats exactly why I anticipate her becoming somewhat of a productive person. GRRM seems to be all about the redemptions, Jaime, Theon, the Hound. I think Dany was so obviously the queen more beautiful than cersei from the prophecy that I just think GRRM has it as a surprise for us.

Archived