Watch the Season 3 Teaser

Westeros

And here it is, folks, short but sweet:

Is it what you expected?

Visit the Site!

Don't think quote is in the book , is it?

(Yes Melisandre kind of talks around it and George has diffuse narrative about it in the books.)

Sounds like the great Ragnarok between R'hllor and The Great Other (His true name is never spoken...uh just what is that true name ... :)!)

Is this a hint that George has clued in D&D on the essence of Winds of Winter?

(In Norse Mythology a three-year winter led to a final battle on the Vigrid Plain, hmmm... well that's ok with me... don't mind an expansion of the vista ... dragons involved too!)

Unless they are starting some parts of Stannis's plot early I think its Quaithe.

That is exactly what I thought, too early to hint to something Stannis related... Could be North of the Wall, assuming the first episode begins with John in Mance's camp it fits perfectly

Just a teaser but I'll take what I can get. I have no idea who that is, but I am guessing Selyse as well. :dunno: I am now officially in rabid GoT season 3 mode. Once they gave us that teaser, it is done deal for me now. Too bad since we still got like five months. :drunk:

Val isn't cast. At least, not that I know of. If she is, could you give me a source?

Its not confirmed, but odds are Stephanie Blacker is playing Val.

I don't think that's her talking though. I suspect it was Quaithe talking in the teaser (which was nice, though I wish it was a 30 second thing instead of a 15 second one).

She's not officially cast, but most people assumed that this was for the part of Val.

Anyway, back on topic, I thought it might have been Quaithe's voice, but Selyse is a possibility, too. It's definitely not Melisandre.

Its not confirmed, but odds are Stephanie Blacker is playing Val.

I don't think that's her talking though. I suspect it was Quaithe talking in the teaser (which was nice, though I wish it was a 30 second thing instead of a 15 second one).

I stand corrected. Thank you.

I believe it is SoS, Chapter 36 (Davos), when he has an audience with Stannis in the Map Table room after being removed from...his less-than-comfortable chambers on Dragonstone. Stannis relates the words of Melisandre to Davos in the book, but I have a feeling they have transferred this tidbit of information to Selyse for the show.

Anyone else bummed that they're giving Selyse a bigger role? I get the requirements of TV drama argument, but I REALLY dislike Selyse as a character. I am hoping to see her bite it (by fire!) in WoW.

I agree with those who say it was Melisandre. She does have a thing about nights too, so it makes sense that she would be threatening with a never ending night. If it isn't the winter, it's the night. That place can't win. :)

I agree with those who say it was Melisandre. She does have a thing about nights too, so it makes sense that she would be threatening with a never ending night. If it isn't the winter, it's the night. That place can't win. :)

The words sound like Melisandre, but the voice and accent definitely do not, I think.

I don't know how there are people still disputing the fact that it is Melisandre.

It is absolutely NOT Carice van Houten; the accent and tone are completely different. Even if for some unbelievably unknown reason Carice altered her accent for the purposes of this season (a la Aidan Gillen in season 2), it's simply not her voice.

Seriously, it is not Carice van Houten, no way. I've been watching a dozen of movies with, I've heard her singing, I've seen her on television for like years: it isn't her voice.

No, I'm not a stalker. I just happen to be Dutch too.

Honestly, can someone find out who did the voice over already? We have no lives!! :lol:

It's Tara Fitzgerald, who's playing Selyse Florent/Baratheon. In this video you can see that her voice is pretty similar to the one in the teaser:

Archived