Small questions v.10000

Angalin

How come in Feast it says only a kingsguard can represent the royal family but then why did gregor represent them in the tyrion trial?

Think of it as lawyers. Think of it as Gregor as a prosecuting attorney. The statement from Feast is that the defense attorney has to be from the Kingsguard, if the accused is from the royal family.

The royal family is: Robert, Cersei, Joffrey, Tommen, Mycella, Renly, Stannis, and Shireen.

Think of it as lawyers. Think of it as Gregor as a prosecuting attorney. The statement from Feast is that the defense attorney has to be from the Kingsguard, if the accused is from the royal family.

The royal family is: Robert, Cersei, Joffrey, Tommen, Mycella, Renly, Stannis, and Shireen.

Agreed.

if Stannis and Renly count wouldn't Tyrion and Jaime? And thus a kingsguard would have to represent Tyrion?

if Stannis and Renly count wouldn't Tyrion and Jaime? And thus a kingsguard would have to represent Tyrion?

Think about it . . . Why would the KG be forced to defend someone if the crime was perpetrated against the King? Its contrary to their oath.

All of them are blood relations and, in principle, are in the succession order. With the exception of Cersei. She is important because, in principle, the queen makes the heirs.

Tyrion and Jaime do not fall anywhere in the succession order.

ETA: (Keep in mind, I do not have a Westerosi law degree.)

If Dany isn't fireproof then how come she wasn't burnt in the pit in ADWD?

^ That was a joke guys- my question actually was: Dany & Drogon are in some random hill/mountain in Essos when they flee Meereen correct? When Drogon goes off on his own, exactly where all does he go? Have people in Westeros seen this huge dragon flying around hunting for animals/humans?

If Dany isn't fireproof then how come she was burnt in the pit in ADWD?

^ That was a joke guys- my question actually was: Dany & Drogon are in some random hill/mountain in Essos when they flee Meereen correct? When Drogon goes off on his own, exactly where all does he go? Have people in Westeros seen this huge dragon flying around hunting for animals/humans?

Well when looking at the maps from Worlds of Ice and Fire, Essos is huge and if Drogon is hunting away from Westeros, there is no way to see him.

Really? I got the impression he is large enough to carry Dany, No where as huge as Balerion Meraxes etc, but I thought Drogon had grown quite large especially since he was free for the last few months and able to eat whatever he want.

If Dany isn't fireproof then how come she was burnt in the pit in ADWD?

I understand that he was hunting in the Dothraki sea. And he have a lot of room to hunt before he has to go to westeros.

Really? I got the impression he is large enough to carry Dany, No where as huge as Balerion Meraxes etc, but I thought Drogon had grown quite large especially since he was free for the last few months and able to eat whatever he want.

As I researched it, I have exaggerated a bit with the real life birds. Drogon's wingspan is 7 metres (about 20 feet) which is more like a pterosaur.

As I researched it, I have exaggerated a bit with the real life birds. Drogon's wingspan is 7 metres (about 20 feet) which is more like a pterosaur.

But pterosaur is a real life "bird", so no exaggeration.

Since you already looked into it, what is the wingspan of the biggest bird alive today?

But pterosaur is a real life "bird", so no exaggeration.

Since you already looked into it, what is the wingspan of the biggest bird alive today?

Largest Wingspan

The wandering albatross (Diomedea exulans) has the largest wingspan of any living bird. As a result, it is an expert glider and it is capable of remaining in the air without beating its wings for several hours at a time. The largest known specimen was an extremely old male with and 11 ft. 11 (approximately 3.4 metres) in. wingspan. It was caught in the Tasman Sea in September 1965. It has also been known to sleep while it flies!

Largest Ever Wingspan

The South American teratoron ( Argentavis magnificens), which existed 6-8 million years ago, had an estimated wingspan of 25 feet.

This might have been covered at another point, but I was wondering about the "injuries" sustained by the Knight of the Flowers (Ser Loras) upon the storming of Dragonstone (I believe). The book mentioned that he was horribly burned and clinging to life. Is this true? Or is it a cover for something else? Does Ser Loras have a bigger part to play going forward?

This might have been covered at another point, but I was wondering about the "injuries" sustained by the Knight of the Flowers (Ser Loras) upon the storming of Dragonstone (I believe). The book mentioned that he was horribly burned and clinging to life. Is this true? Or is it a cover for something else? Does Ser Loras have a bigger part to play going forward?

I am suspicious. I think the Auranne Waters, who began life at KL as a prisoner and graduated to Admiral, may not have been completely trustworthy re: Cersei. God only knows what Loras's motives are, though up to now he has been 100% open and honest.

Archived