Once Upon a Time (Its very own 2nd thread)

Howdyphillip

I just finished watching this episode. I'm really upset! Emma sunk my ship. If Regina goes evil avenger again Imma gunna flip tables.

I was loving the Henry two mums parenting thing they had going. So it's not just The OutlawQueen in trouble here. There are the other relationships that have slowly built and changed with/around Regina that's in trouble too. Gah!! I can't take it.

A congratulations to the sailing of the Captain Swan shippers.

I thought naming the baby Neil was super cute.

I probably would have liked the GoldBelle wedding more if it wasn't for the whole (what I see as) betrayal with the dark ones dagger hanging between them. Though I really loved Belle's wedding outfit. I didn't expect it. But it was kinda perfect for her.

And I like the evolution of Swan and the realisation that she does have family and a home now.

But I still feel angry about the Marian spanner in the works.

This episode. W. T. F.

I had my explosion of feels on Tumblr, if anyone is interested, but now that I've calmed down a bit

I was obviously upset at Emma's actions. "Don't change the future, Emma", they said, and did she listen? She mentioned Back to the Future, but did she even pay any attention to that movie? I mean, I get that she tried to do a good thing and save a woman's life, but taking her to the present? There's something seriously wrong with you when Hook is the voice of reason in a relationship!

And about Marian, at first I thought that, it turns out, she never really died, just disappeared. I mean, we barely know a thing about what happened to her, so it could be that Emma was always going to save her and take her away from the Enchanted Forest. But what if it wasn't it? Robin said she died because he put her in harm's way, yet he didn't seem to have nothing to do with her being captured by the black knights, and if she was and he knew that Regina was responsible for her death (because how could he not know?), he would never have let himself fall for her. So maybe Marian should just have escaped and stayed around, to die later still in the past, but Emma changed the course of things by basically kidnapping her to the future.

Anyway, I'm not worried about Outlaw Queen, it's an inevitability. What really angers me is that they're having Regina be the only person in that whole town unhappy at yet another season finale. Regina, who keeps trying to be a better person, and never gets rewarded for it, while Hook and Rumple, who have never expressed any regret for how many people they hurt/killed in the past, who haven't apologized to anyone, who continue to lie and manipulate people even when they're supposed to be good, get to be happy with the women they love. How lovely. Like, can someone other than Regina be unhappy for a change?

I recognized Marian the first scene she appeared and I knew something of the kind would happened, but I hoped we would at least get more than 3 minutes out of 90 of Regina and Robin. I know that OQ happened too fast, and that they should have to fight for their happiness or whatever, that some pain was inevitable, but I had hoped it would last a bit longer than a week, or however long that was. I hoped something of the kind would only happen next season... Recognizing Marian too soon also diminished some of the fun I had watching the finale...

I don't think Regina will go full Evil Queen again. If Henry wasn't around, then I'd be sure that would be the case, but she'll stay good for Henry. My prediction for next season is this: Regina will close herself up again, put the mask back on when dealing with everyone but Henry. Snow and Tink will go all pity-party, "you will find happiness again", whatever, and she'll snap at them countless times and drown herself in work/defeating Elsa/whatever. Robin will eventually realize that he's changed too much in the years Marian was "dead", and that it's Regina who he wants to be with, but she'll refuse him, for Roland's sake and her own, and they'll only be together again after Marian is inevitably killed off once more. I've seen some people speculate there will be a love triangle like Kathryn/David/Mary Margaret in the first season, but I really don't think Regina would ever allow herself to become "the other woman", especially when she cares about Robin, and when there's Roland too consider. Unless she's pregnant, but that would be too soap-operaish even for this show.

Other than the OQ feels, I hated the CS-fest, obviously, cringing whenever they got too shippy, and cursing A&E for killing Neal - imagine how good this episode would have been if it was Neal showing Emma the Enchanted Forest and teaching her the meaning of home again? But no, they had to go and bury the character for good by naming the Charmings' baby after him. I had hoped he would be named Daniel, as a way to honor Regina and put her problems with Snow behind for good, but nope, they name him after the guy who got their daughter pregnant. :dunno:

And Elsa... I really don't know what to think. On one hand, of cour$e they would bring Frozen to OUAT $ooner or later. But she's not a villain; will they make her one? Will they actually follow the Snow Queen story, since the movie character is too much like Regina and it would be repetitive otherwise? And why the hell was she in a jar in Rumple's vault? The one thing I do hope to see is Elsa becoming Regina's BFF :cheers:

Speaking of BFFs, does it bother anyone else that we got to see so little of Maleficent in the first season when she seemed to be Regina's only friend? Maybe, if the Angelina Jolie movie is successful, they will bring her back...

Oh, and Regina's red dress/cape/whatever that was in the first FTL scene was fabulous! :bowdown:

I probably would have liked the GoldBelle wedding more if it wasn't for the whole (what I see as) betrayal with the dark ones dagger hanging between them.

:agree:

So the female T-1000 is that princess from Frozen? I only saw a bit of that movie, can't stand musicals, even when animated.

But, yup, I had the same reaction to the Marian reveal. WTF have you done Swann? :bang:

It all felt like a series finale up until that point.

I enjoyed the hell out of that finale. I have finally started to change my opinion of Hook. For the first time in this series, I started to see self sacrificing out of the character. Up to this point, I would have agreed that his crush on Emma was nothing more than objectification, but with a number of his actions, he proved that his feelings and ideas were changing.

I am a bit disappointed that the Wicked Witch is dead dead. I really loved that character and would have liked to have seen more nuanced performances out of the actress.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG REGINA :( aahhhh I knew that woman would be marian! I think I need to watch frozen before next season haha otherwise I wont understand any references unless theyre going snow queen route who actually would make a pretty neat villain.

DID NO ONE ELSE LAUGH AT SMEE AND HOOK'S CONVERSATION ABOUT CHANGING CLOTHES? because hook has been wearing the same thing all season LOL

So, I finished the season 2 rewatch, and it's incredible how conflicted this show seems to be as far as continuity is concerned. On one hand, you have things like Nealfire spending over a hundred years in Neverland and everything about the guy's acting truly showing some childish manners, which is brilliant. On the other, you have Cora. On the episode she dies, after Regina puts her heart back into her chest, her last words are "This would have been enough. You would have been enough." Okay, that worked beautifully in that season, after we learned Cora had been living without her heart ever since marrying Regina's father, so she could focus on power and not let herself be distracted by things like being in love with Rumple. Which effectively means that she was incapable of feeling anything throughout Regina's life, and only on her last moments did she realize that such a decision, and all the abuse she inflicted on her daughter because of that, was a mistake. Wonderful. But then we have that seance episode in season three where Cora's spirit attacks Regina and somehow everyone ends up concluding Cora never loved Regina/Regina has always been a disappointment to Cora.

... what?

OMG REGINA :( aahhhh I knew that woman would be marian! I think I need to watch frozen before next season haha otherwise I wont understand any references unless theyre going snow queen route who actually would make a pretty neat villain.

DID NO ONE ELSE LAUGH AT SMEE AND HOOK'S CONVERSATION ABOUT CHANGING CLOTHES? because hook has been wearing the same thing all season LOL

Oh, I totally laughed at that! The man has been wearing the same clothes for a year; just think of the smell! Emma is one brave woman...

But about next season. I've read that they're going down the Frozen route, not Snow Queen, particularly in regards to Elsa being more misunderstood than an actual villain. Which probably means they intend to keep her around for good instead of having her killed by the end of the half-season, as they have been doing lately. I'm fine with that. All I want are some Regina/Elsa friendly interactions!

And also about next season... I've read a lot on people's reactions and speculations after that emotionally devastating finale, and pretty much everyone seems to think it will soon enough be revealed that Regina is pregnant. I think that would be low, and too much torture for the poor woman, but this show has already gone through the bad soap-opera plenty of times in season three, with the secret-relatives-seeking-vengeance-or-power thing, so...

• 2 weeks later...

Some OUAT news... I guess.

‘Once Upon a Time’ adds 2 ‘Frozen’ characters to casting call'

I have to say that I would actually love to see Kristen Bell on OUAT.

As a side note. Ginnifer and Josh welcomed a baby boy into the world on May 29th. Named him Oliver Finlay Dallas.

Aww.

So, I finished the season 2 rewatch, and it's incredible how conflicted this show seems to be as far as continuity is concerned. On one hand, you have things like Nealfire spending over a hundred years in Neverland and everything about the guy's acting truly showing some childish manners, which is brilliant. On the other, you have Cora. On the episode she dies, after Regina puts her heart back into her chest, her last words are "This would have been enough. You would have been enough." Okay, that worked beautifully in that season, after we learned Cora had been living without her heart ever since marrying Regina's father, so she could focus on power and not let herself be distracted by things like being in love with Rumple. Which effectively means that she was incapable of feeling anything throughout Regina's life, and only on her last moments did she realize that such a decision, and all the abuse she inflicted on her daughter because of that, was a mistake. Wonderful. But then we have that seance episode in season three where Cora's spirit attacks Regina and somehow everyone ends up concluding Cora never loved Regina/Regina has always been a disappointment to Cora.

... what?

Yeah, I had that. "hold up" moment too. In the scheme of the Cora storylines I prefer the missing heart one. But I understand that Cora being a straight up narcissist was somewhat required for the Zelena - Regina story to work.

• 1 month later...

Frozen is the first Disney film since Princess and the Frog that I've managed to truly love. And while I'm curious to see what OUAT has in store for it, so soon after it was first released, I'm kind of disappointed that they're keeping the characters so young, which means Elsa probably won't be Regina's BFF. *disappointed sigh* But, yay! Elizabeth Mitchell!

And

Thematically we can say the first half of the season is about how you never give up on the people you love.

I see what you did there, Kitsis. :crying:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived