Most Precise ASOIAF Timeline in Existence

PrivateMajor

I know Cat 5 aSoS (row 233) spans for many days but it would be nice to hear first about Balon's death in Aeron 1 (row 239).

Pushing Balons death and Aeron 1 back ~5 days would mess timeline up ?

The way it currently is, Aeron learns about Balon on 11/19, and Catelyn and Robb learn about it much later. Catelyn V starts on 11/15, as we currently have the timeline, and 15 days are specified in passing.. Next we get to mentionings of "days" that pass, bringing us into the unknown, but quite some time further.

So chronologically in our timeline, Aeron does learn about it first, four days after Balon's death.

We could place both Balon's death and Aeron learning about it a bit earlier (not too much, because Balon was still offering alliance in Tyrion 3 on 11/3), to make the gap between Balon's death and Catelyn and Robb learning about it bigger..?

So, do we agree with the following order...

Asha I

Davos IV

Jon VI

Reek III

Prince

Asha II ...?

There's no way to fix the Wyman to WF instead of BT discrepancy so we have to ignore it or assume it's an error.

OK, Asha II is The King's Prize. That chapters spans 34 days and covers Stannis march from Deepwood Motte to crofter's village 3 days from Winterfell. But according to the timeline, Stannis delays at Deepwood Motte for 47 days (time between The Wayward Bride and The King's Prize). That can't be right, can it?

Jon IX, Dance should precede The King's Prize since Jon notes that the snow storms have moved south, and they begin in the Wolfswood 3-4 days into Stannis's march. Notably, the Banker arrives at Castle Black, as does Alys with word of Karstark's betrayal.

The Turncloak should follow the The King's Prize since that's when the snows begin in Winterfell, and that's when scouts report Stannis's march has slowed to crawl.

A Ghost in Winterfell, of course, should follow The Turncloak, and we have Mors Umber arrive at Winterfell.

In Jon X, our hero notes that it's snowing heavily to the south, the banker has left for Stannis with word of Karstark's betrayal, Alys weds Thenn, and Tormund arrives at Castle Black.

Theon I, Dance should follow Jon X since Karstark has found Stannis, and Theon escapes Winterfell.

In Jon XI and XII we have Jon's deal with Tormund, and Tormund's wildings passing under the Wall three days later.

The Sacrifice takes place19 days after end of The Kings Prize since that's how long Stannis has been at the crofter's village. It's about 8 days after Theon I, Dance since that's how long Karstark has been with Stannis. Notablyy, Theon and the banker arrive at the crofters village with word of Karstarks betrayal.

Then we should have Theon I, Winds since Stannis moves against Karstark and prepares for the Battle of Ice.

And that, of course, should be followed by Jon XIII with the pink letter and seven days of battle.

OK, Asha II is The King's Prize. That chapters spans 34 days and covers Stannis march from Deepwood Motte to crofter's village 3 days from Winterfell.

That being correct, The King's Prize (Asha II) also spans an additional 19 days from the arrival in the crofter's village to the day of The Sacrifice.

They had been three days from Winterfell for nineteen days.

It ends on that very day of chapter The Sacrifice (Asha III). So The King's Prize (Asha II) spans 53 days.

There should not be much of a delay at Deepwood Motte at all. Just a few days to wait for some of the northern clansmen.

That being correct, The King's Prize (Asha II) also spans an additional 19 days from the arrival in the crofter's village to the day of The Sacrifice.

It ends on that very day of chapter The Sacrifice (Asha III). So The King's Prize (Asha II) spans 53 days.

There should not be much of a delay at Deepwood Motte at all. Just a few days to wait for some of the northern clansmen.

R_T we need you to fix it!!!

The end of the timeline is in disarray. It's as if some sinister henchman, a pale stranger perhaps, has gotten in there and turned it all around and indide out.

Hey, I don't want access as I'd probably obsess over this thing of beauty, but I think you should add the de-bastarding of Jon Snow to the section on going to the Twin Towers.

You mean Robb signing his will?

I'm working on it the timeline of events in the North appears to be in a bit of a disarray to me...

Ok, thank you. I have an exam Monday, so very little time this weekend

You mean Robb signing his will?

Ok, thank you. I have an exam Monday, so very little time this weekend

I don't think it's simply a will. The last thing about which he and his mother were speaking was removing Snow's 'bastardy', or would that be 'bastardiness, and making him his heir. I think this'll play into the blood of kings, and some other conspiracy theories that the three of us in the detective unit who've read the books throw around while bs'ing.

The comet is spotted in Bran 7 and Dany 10. Currently, Bran 7 occurs before Dany 10, but it should occur after.

True, and thus fixed. Dany 10 now occurs before Bran 7.

The same problem happens with Clash, Arya 1, where Arya watches the comet. The timeline places it one week before Dany 10, but it should occur after.

Problem. Currently, Myrcella is 7 on 4/18/298, 9 on 3/28/299 and 10 on 2/5/300

Meanwhile, Trystane Martell is 11 on 3/28/299 and 13 on 2/5/300

Myrcella cannot be 7 and have turned 9 less than a year later, nor cam Trystane Martell age 2 years within 12 months.

Myrcella is "not quite eight" in Game 5 and "not quite one-and-ten" in Feast 13, it seems to point there's roughly 36 months between the 2 chapters, placing the Feast chapter in 301, but it seems weird to have more than a year between the Purple Wedding and Arianne convincing Arys to help her crown Myrcella. Either it's possible to delay the Dorne events in the timeline, or GRRM made a mistake here.

Myrcella is "not quite eight" in Game 5 and "not quite one-and-ten" in Feast 13, it seems to point there's roughly 36 months between the 2 chapters, placing the Feast chapter in 301, but it seems weird to have more than a year between the Purple Wedding and Arianne convincing Arys to help her crown Myrcella. Either it's possible to delay the Dorne events in the timeline, or GRRM made a mistake here.

In other words, she's 7 at the Feast at Winterfell, 9 when betrothed, and 10 when we see her in Dorne. The 'not quite' part would depend on the person telling the tale, and those are two different people on each occasion. Saying "she's ten" or "she's not quite eleven" would both be stating that the girl in front of the speaker is 10 years old.

Arys clearly finds Myrcella a girl who is rather mature for her age, which is why he might be saying that she's "not quite" 11 yet, instead of simply stating that she's ten.

In the Soiled Knight, Oberyn hasn't been dead yet for long. So it is quite impossible for this storyline to take place that long after all the others. Especially as Balon Swann later syncs the KL and Dorne storylines :)

OK, if we admit "not quite" doesn't mean "almost" here, for the Myrcella's ages to fit, she must be 7 and near before her nameday in 298 in Game, and she must be 10 and near after her nameday in 300 in Feast, so we must be further in the year in Feast than in Game. What seems easier for the timeline, bring Game 5 forward or put Feast 13 later ?

OK, if we admit "not quite" doesn't mean "almost" here, for the Myrcella's ages to fit, she must be 7 and near before her nameday in 298 in Game, and she must be 10 and near after her nameday in 300 in Feast, so we must be further in the year in Feast than in Game. What seems easier for the timeline, bring Game 5 forward or put Feast 13 later ?

The dornish Feast-arc definitly needs to be pushed a bit more into the year..

Tyrion's KL Clash arc is quite full, but perhaps it is possible to reposition that one as well.

Game-5 needs to be pushed back into the year, not moved forward... It needs to occur earlier.

Currently, between Myrcella being 7 (4/18) and Myrcella being 9 (3/28), only 1 year minus 20 days passes. Myrcella cannot be 7 less than a year before being 9, so the time in between those two chapters needs to be slighly more than a year.. I say we go for as slightly as we can. Currently, I'd be happy if we can reach the 1 year + 1 day difference..

So Game4/5 should occur earlier in the year, and if so possible, Clash 20 should occur slightly later. I doubt that we'll be able to move the game chapters around too much (Robert's trip to Winterfell is in accordance with Joffrey's nameday, and Joffrey's nameday in 299 AC is quite full as it is). We could say that Robert's travel to Winterfell took less time that the trip back, as he was anxious to see his friend and thus stopped fewer days in between (something which we saw him to a few times on the way from Winterfell to KL).

Feast 13 should appear later in the year. But there's the danger with moving the dornish arc from Feast/Dance forward.. it sync's with the KL storylines, which sync with quite a lot else...

I think this one might take quite some time to solve..

I'm working on it the timeline of events in the North appears to be in a bit of a disarray to me...

How is this going? :)

Game-5 needs to be pushed back into the year, not moved forward... It needs to occur earlier.

That's what I meant but I wrote forward instead of backward... sorry.

I'm currently playing in making my own timeline, and I'm struggling with the beginning of the war of the five kings. Are you interested in observations I have made on the most precise timeline ?

Archived