The Roose Bolton thread (book spoilers)

Jamie Lannister

Just to clarify, all the posters who find him sexy are dudes? Right??

Nope. Girl here! But a lot of guys here do seem to have a man crush on him, which is awesome. I mean who better to have a man crush on than Roose? Effing pretty boy Jon? Pass.

Not as to say that Jon isn't a handsome guy, he is.. he's just no Roose!

Roose~~~

You had me at "Before you make me rue the day I raped your mother"

Really though, McElhatton is fantastic and a very inspired casting choice. Roose is an amazing villain/character and it seems like we're all pretty much unanimous in enjoying his TV adaptation so far, which is rare for the nominally fussy westeros.org. :drunk:

Nope. Girl here! But a lot of guys here do seem to have a man crush on him, which is awesome. I mean who better to have a man crush on than Roose? Effing pretty boy Jon? Pass.

Not as to say that Jon isn't a handsome guy, he is.. he's just no Roose!

Girl here, too!! Maybe its the combination of the blend of James Bond (Daniel Craig) and Vladamir Putin vibes--smooth, cold, dangerous power, and growly tiger voice. As Jaime rightly said 'we can't help who we love.'

:P

I mean who better to have a man crush on than Roose?

I can only think of equals like Stannis! Ser Jorah! Ser Davos! Even Ser Barristan! They're epitomes of masculinity and male strength without becoming ridiculous and overblown (thus, still possessing feelings and weaknesses) in a way that would suggest they were meant to be that and just that and fail for exactly that reason (Darkstar anyone?), I think it's only logical some of us would look up to them.

'Thee whores Podrick' on the other hand? Forget it.

If he let's Jaime go in the next episode, will that make it obvious that he is or will be betraying Robb? I forget how it was handled in the books?

Yeah, I think this is unavoidable, unless the show goes entirely another direction. I remember in the book it didn't completely warn me of his impending treason though, I was still kinda surprised, but only kinda.

I can only think of equals like Stannis! Ser Jorah! Ser Davos! Even Ser Barristan! They're epitomes of masculinity and male strength without becoming ridiculous and overblown (thus, still possessing feelings and weaknesses) in a way that would suggest they were meant to be that and just that and fail for exactly that reason (Darkstar anyone?), I think it's only logical some of us would look up to them.

'Thee whores Podrick' on the other hand? Forget it.

Yeah, I think this is unavoidable, unless the show goes entirely another direction. I remember in the book it didn't completely warn me of his impending treason though, I was still kinda surprised, but only kinda.

I completely agree with you on Ser Davos! :drool: He's my third crush on the show (after Roose and Dany) but I have to differ with you on Stannis. I am the only person who doesn't like him.. or it's not necessarily dislike, I just don't care for him, though his storylines are interesting. And BOOK Barristan, yeah, show Barristan-no. Or I'll take show Barristan on S1, not current Barristan. I was sooo looking forward to his return, but now that he's back it's kind of meh for me. I can't pinpoint it. S1 he had a certain flair about him that was supremely sexy, but he does nothing for me now :dunno:

I definitely acknowledge your man crushes though, StannisandDaeny!

Girl here, too!! Maybe its the combination of the blend of James Bond (Daniel Craig) and Vladamir Putin vibes--smooth, cold, dangerous power, and growly tiger voice. As Jaime rightly said 'we can't help who we love.'

Hello my fellow Pothead!

Everyone compares RB to James Bond and Putin but I don't feel anything for either of them the way I feel about Roose. But yes, he totally has everything you described, resulting in my huge crush on him!

Fat Walda, I'm coming at you!

Okay, I'm finished telling the world about my Roose crush.. for today! Sorry about the double post too!

By the way, Severus Snape has a beautiful voice too. No crush here, but I could so close my eyes and listen to him talk all day. Maybe he can read me Deathly Hallows.

By the way, Severus Snape has a beautiful voice too. No crush here, but I could so close my eyes and listen to him talk all day. Maybe he can read me Deathly Hallows.

Very quick derail here, then back on topic. In an interview, Alan Rickman said that he often spends evenings reading poetry to his live-in ladylove of nearly 40 years. eeep, be still, my heart.

Quick as a flash--back on topic! Roose Bolton!! :P

That's not a derail, that's a 60 car pileup. How do you expect anyone to focus on anything else after that?

:laugh:

Don't kill me, Mods. With this, I'm done and outa here, promise!

Lord Bolton

Roose Bolton

Lord of the Dreadfort

Maybe D&D will read this and throw in a depraved Roose/Fat Walda sex scene next season. Roose can do hippocrass body shots off her then take her on a trestle table at a feast for his bastard.

Except they'd cast a young beauty from the Summer Isles as Walda and change her name to Phat Walda instead. Sorry if that was offensive.

Except they'd cast a young beauty from the Summer Isles as Walda and change her name to Phat Walda instead. Sorry if that was offensive.

With a big weasely Frey nose? That's a tough casting.

Ill take a phat Walda any day.

QFT! I'm a girlie as well.

Roose has those piercing eyes. Garooooowl! Plus, I have a voice fetish. Smexy older guys will fully-developed vocal chords...eeeee! Also the reason Dany's sex appeal jacked up the moment she started speaking Valyrian. Yowza!

"Jaime Lannister sends his regards" might make my TV fry from awesomeness. Yes I am aware that scene is otherwise tragic, but whatever, that line rocks.

To briefly mention the other Bolton, Ramsay's actor has that fantastic ability to look sexy one moment and freaky as hell the next. His hottest moment is by far The Swagger. Love how Ramsay summed up Game of Thrones in its entirety: "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention."

Archived