Is Jon Connington Gay?

thecryptile

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Wait... are you saying those dragons in Skyrim were not bugged? Just... misunderstood? Maybe that's how they attracted dragons of the same sex.

Ah, come now. It's quite obvious Theon Greyjoy is the Peter Pettigrew of the series.

Lol

Jon Connington is gay for Rhaegar at the least.

Dunno about otherwise.

Pretty sure gay is gay. Its kind of offensive all these rationalizations like, "He was only gay for Rhaegar," or "he was homosexual, but not g--a--y."

Gay is gay. JonCon is cool, masculine, badass, and a total homo. Is this hard for people because it doesn't jibe with a stereotypical image of a gay man?

Pretty sure gay is gay. Its kind of offensive all these rationalizations like, "He was only gay for Rhaegar," or "he was homosexual, but not g--a--y."

Gay is gay. JonCon is cool, masculine, badass, and a total homo. Is this hard for people because it doesn't jibe with a stereotypical image of a gay man?

have u never heard of a singular same sex attractions? I'm as straight as it gets but I'm gay for Peter dinkledge

Well no, Jon may be bisexual or demisexual or homoromantic or biromantic or simply queer-being in love with a man doesn't make him gay,it makes him not straight.

• 3 months later...

just found this thread and i never realize that Jhon C is gay *facepalm

have u never heard of a singular same sex attractions? I'm as straight as it gets but I'm gay for Peter dinkledge

Same here. I'm a girl, I'm as straight as it gets but i'm gay for Natalie Dormer

• 8 months later...

Don't feel bad OP, I didn't pick up on Jon Conningtons buggerdom on the first read either.

A lot of underlords seem kind of gay for their overlords so its not hard to miss that yeah, Jon Connington is soooooo gay.

Also maybe Rhaegar was gay right back at him. I think Daemon Targaryan swung both ways, nay?

It seems squires and their knights gay out on each other (even some that aren't gay gay like Daemon Sand) on occasion. Examples like Obermon and Renlas etc. are probably the reason Cersei didn't want Tommen squiring for Loras.

I can't think of any other reasons Rhaegar and Jon Connington could be such good friends. I have personally never seen a straight dude and a gay dude as absolute best friends/life companions when the gay guy has the hots for the straight guy. I can see where it would be possible if the gay guy didn't think of the straight guy in a sexual way or I could see it if the straight guy made an exception for the gay guy, but I can't see a solid lifelong friendship with this unrequited homosexual puppy love constantly in play.

Well no, Jon may be bisexual or demisexual or homoromantic or biromantic or simply queer-being in love with a man doesn't make him gay,it makes him not straight.

We never saw him having romantic feelings towards women.

He is probably gaay.

Don't feel bad OP, I didn't pick up on Jon Conningtons buggerdom on the first read either.

A lot of underlords seem kind of gay for their overlords so its not hard to miss that yeah, Jon Connington is soooooo gay.

Also maybe Rhaegar was gay right back at him. I think Daemon Targaryan swung both ways, nay?

It seems squires and their knights gay out on each other (even some that aren't gay gay like Daemon Sand) on occasion. Examples like Obermon and Renlas etc. are probably the reason Cersei didn't want Tommen squiring for Loras.

I can't think of any other reasons Rhaegar and Jon Connington could be such good friends. I have personally never seen a straight dude and a gay dude as absolute best friends/life companions when the gay guy has the hots for the straight guy. I can see where it would be possible if the gay guy didn't think of the straight guy in a sexual way or I could see it if the straight guy made an exception for the gay guy, but I can't see a solid lifelong friendship with this unrequited homosexual puppy love constantly in play.

lol Please stop.

Anyway, GRRM confirmed JonCon is gay and his love for Rhaegar was one sided.

thank god! The idea that a gay person must automatically be a child molester boils my blood. I have lots of gay friends (live outside San Francisco) and NONE of them would dream of hurting a child.

Add the fact that Aegon trusts Jon Con, no, he has not been molested.

I think what that post was emphasizing was the Littlefinger-Connington parallels. However, there is no evidence in text that indicates that Connington has any feeling beyond paternal, unlike Littlefinger (I could have been your father 😖). It was a blunt and unkind statement, but I see what they meant.

Archived