Is Jon Connington Gay?

thecryptile

On this topic, I have recently seen Black Sails Season 2 - much better than Season 1 and without spoiling to much, it does explore the notion of this kind of idealist love that 1 man may have for another, which can be sexualised, or turn sexual and be classified as homosexual. If you have seen the show, you'll know what character I am talking about and I think Jon Con is kind of exactly like that.

On this topic, I have recently seen Black Sails Season 2 - much better than Season 1 and without spoiling to much, it does explore the notion of this kind of idealist love that 1 man may have for another, which can be sexualised, or turn sexual and be classified as homosexual. If you have seen the show, you'll know what character I am talking about and I think Jon Con is kind of exactly like that.

I haven't seen the show, but I wouldn't be so sure. The way he speaks about Myles Toyne is a bit more than "friendly". He also has a very romantic undertones in the way he speaks. And there can't be two men more different than Rhaegar and Myles Toyne :dunno:

I can't think of any other reasons Rhaegar and Jon Connington could be such good friends. I have personally never seen a straight dude and a gay dude as absolute best friends/life companions when the gay guy has the hots for the straight guy. I can see where it would be possible if the gay guy didn't think of the straight guy in a sexual way or I could see it if the straight guy made an exception for the gay guy, but I can't see a solid lifelong friendship with this unrequited homosexual puppy love constantly in play.

Rhaegar seemed to have had a few more friends besides Arthur Dayne: Myles Mooton and Richard Lonmouth. If he liked them as friends I see no reason why he wouldn't be friends with Connington as well. I mean, what's wrong with him? I doubt Jon stare awkwardly at him for hours or something. And it looks like they knew each other since they were young. Maybe they were friends long before Jon realised he had feelings for him. What was he supposed to do if Rhaegar wanted him close? Say "sorry, I love you, I can't be around you"?

Yeah I have to say that turn of character really pissed me off.

Not everyone has to be gay on TV.

Maybe it was just because one day it was a couple dudes making out on Black Sails and the very next day its a couple dudes making out on The Walking Dead, two of my favorite shows.

I live in one of the most progressive open cities in America. I have been around/seen everyday normal gay couples since I was a kid so there is nothing shocking or edgy in my mind when two dudes make out. Its just kind of gross.

Yeah I have to say that turn of character really pissed me off.

Not everyone has to be gay on TV.

Maybe it was just because one day it was a couple dudes making out on Black Sails and the very next day its a couple dudes making out on The Walking Dead, two of my favorite shows.

I live in one of the most progressive open cities in America. I have been around/seen everyday normal gay couples since I was a kid so there is nothing shocking or edgy in my mind when two dudes make out. Its just kind of gross.

Do you feel the same way (I.e. That's gross) if you see a man and a woman kiss?

Depends on the man and woman.

Like there is this Captain Ahab at my gym that is always making out with a different girl in the hot tub. Its pretty gross.

Or like when you watch a Football game and you the Jerry (the Cowboys owner) in the skybox making out with some 20 year old model type. Thats gross too.

Do you feel the same way (I.e. That's gross) if you see a man and a woman kiss?

IRL, I do. Like, I hate HATE HATE HATE to be in a restaurant with my family and see a couple pretty much eating each other's faces when they should be eating the freaking food. Go to an hotel, you horny dawgs!. That and people taking off their shoes in public. I would arrest them all...

But yeah, in TV, I don't mind except when it's very obvious they're showing the OBLIGATORY GAY CHARACTER IN THE OBLIGATORY GAY SCENE BECAUSE WE'RE PROGRESSIVE.

IRL, I do. Like, I hate HATE HATE HATE to be in a restaurant with my family and see a couple pretty much eating each other's faces when they should be eating the freaking food. Go to an hotel, you horny dawgs!. That and people taking off their shoes in public. I would arrest them all...But yeah, in TV, I don't mind except when it's very obvious they're showing the OBLIGATORY GAY CHARACTER IN THE OBLIGATORY GAY SCENE BECAUSE WE'RE PROGRESSIVE.

The shoes things is potentially weird enough to pique my curiosity. What does 'in public' mean, and why does it bother you?

Also you are totally destroying my carefully constructed Latina stereotype, just so's you know. I thought it was all Spanish version of vice la difference, except on Sundays or during the 284 other religious festivals.

IRL, I do. Like, I hate HATE HATE HATE to be in a restaurant with my family and see a couple pretty much eating each other's faces when they should be eating the freaking food. Go to an hotel, you horny dawgs!. That and people taking off their shoes in public. I would arrest them all...But yeah, in TV, I don't mind except when it's very obvious they're showing the OBLIGATORY GAY CHARACTER IN THE OBLIGATORY GAY SCENE BECAUSE WE'RE PROGRESSIVE.

Omg, shoes off in public :stillsick: I have this thing about feet, and toes in particular.mthey're just...eurgh :ack: And yes, that was why I asked. I can understand people being a bit annoyed/grossed out when people are kissing in public places, but when it's one standard for homosexual couples and another for heterosexual I get annoyed. And, I had to ask because it brought up memories of a memorable conversation with a girl I knew a while ago:

Girl: "I'm not homophobic, but there's just something inherently wrong and gross about two men kissing each other in public."

Me: "Oh right. So do you think men and women kissing in public is gross too?"

Girl: "No, of course not, because that's right and natural."

Me: "...." *thinks to self* yes, you are not homophobic at all...

Archived