Is Jon Connington Gay?

thecryptile

To be honest, it must have been kinda awkward for Rhaegar. He was smart, and he might have noticed J.Con staring dreamly at him (the guy noticed his hair blowing in the wind, that means he was staring at the dude)

Nice to know Rhaegar had no problem with gay people

Holy shit, that would pretty fucked up.

gay people are not child molesters just because they're gay. To imply that he may have molested Aegon is fucked up.

Ps, replying to this post because the original post seems to have been deleted or is not showing on my phone.

It's confirmed. There are links to GRRM quotes in several of the posts.

Ps, replying to this post because the original post seems to have been deleted or is not showing on my phone.

I think the mods took it down because it was homophobic, irrelevant and stupid. Good for the mods.

gay people are not child molesters just because they're gay. To imply that he may have molested Aegon is fucked up.

Exactly this! I was very confused reading this thread. No evidence whatsoever about JonCon being a pedophile but because he's gay it's being considered. Quite troubling ...

It's confirmed. There are links to GRRM quotes in several of the posts.I think the mods took it down because it was homophobic, irrelevant and stupid. Good for the mods.

thank god! The idea that a gay person must automatically be a child molester boils my blood. I have lots of gay friends (live outside San Francisco) and NONE of them would dream of hurting a child.

Add the fact that Aegon trusts Jon Con, no, he has not been molested.

I think there's no doubt that Jon C was in love with Rhaegar. As he does not recall their ever having been lovers, I assume that love was not reciprocated.

But, there's no doubt that he was part of Rhaegar's inner circle. After all, he was made Hand.

His motivation for helping YG is loyalty to his dead friend. There's no evidence that he has romantic feelings for YG.

It's hard for me to imagine Rhaegar with his gang considering how melancholic the guy was. You usually imagine someone like that to be the lone wolf, not hanging out with the guys having fun and laughing, and... just being guys

He seems more like the kind of person who you would be talking and laughing and drinking with for hours, and then someone says something that reminds him of something and he all of a sudden goes all quiet, and because he's so charismatic it kind of casts an uncomfortable pall over everything. But I do think that Rhaegar could be charming and gregarious when he wanted to be, even with the melancholy. He probably wouldn't be so widely respected (not just by Jon Connington) if he was the first coming of Dolorous Edd all the time.

It's hard for me to imagine Rhaegar with his gang considering how melancholic the guy was. You usually imagine someone like that to be the lone wolf, not hanging out with the guys having fun and laughing, and... just being guys

Just shows how close JonCon and Rhaegar must have been. I'm sure they were great friends as well as one being the object of the other's affection :)

Archived