Is Jon Connington Gay?

thecryptile

The shoes things is potentially weird enough to pique my curiosity. What does 'in public' mean, and why does it bother you?

Also you are totally destroying my carefully constructed Latina stereotype, just so's you know. I thought it was all Spanish version of vice la difference, except on Sundays or during the 284 other religious festivals.

I dunno why it bothers me. But, for example, restaurants. People go there with flip flops already. Why the need to take them off? Why people believe we want to see their ugly bad tended feet while we're eating???

Also, we do like differences... except gay people because we're religious 364 days of the year. Except Brasil, Argentina and Uruguay. Peru is, well... fighting the war right now, but we're not winning. I think the most acceptance we get about that is "yeah, who cares they're gay but can they be gay in private because the children?". A lot of locally famous people is coming out and some conservatives are losing it though... that's funny :P

Just gotta say that i thought the character on Black Sails and Jon Con are a little more than the obligatory gay character, yes, I think they would indulge in homosexual sex, no, I don't think they are technically homosexual.

Consider show Obyren, he fucks entirely for pleasure. I'm pretty sure if he thought a dog or a donkey would give him pleasure, he'd fuck em. He is slightly transcendent of human on human sexual definitions like gay or bi.

Anyone seen House of Cards? Dude on that fucks for power. I'm pretty sure if screwing a dog or donkey would win him votes, he'd get his dick out - his motivations are also beyond simple human on human definition.

The character in Black Sails and Jon Con I thought were similar, except they felt a need to fuck for meaning. Rhaegar gave Jon Con meaning, more than love. Rhaegar was like his religion and he didn't know how else to express it other than want to fuck him.

Oh and I believe shoes are totally overrated, I would prefer it if we could all go barefoot all the time with no social guilt. Our feet are meant to be free :D

Just gotta say that i thought the character on Black Sails and Jon Con are a little more than the obligatory gay character, yes, I think they would indulge in homosexual sex, no, I don't think they are technically homosexual.

Homosexuality is, technically, have feelings for someone of your same sex. Considering Jon has only spoken about two guys in romantic undertones, I would say he's technically, homosexual. Whether he acts out on it or not, means little.

Consider show Obyren, he fucks entirely for pleasure. I'm pretty sure if he thought a dog or a donkey would give him pleasure, he'd fuck em. He is slightly transcendent of human on human sexual definitions like gay or bi.

Anyone seen House of Cards? Dude on that fucks for power. I'm pretty sure if screwing a dog or donkey would win him votes, he'd get his dick out - his motivations are also beyond simple human on human definition.

The character in Black Sails and Jon Con I thought were similar, except they felt a need to fuck for meaning. Rhaegar gave Jon Con meaning, more than love. Rhaegar was like his religion and he didn't know how else to express it other than want to fuck him.

To be fair, we don't know what is JonCon's approach to sex and love. For all we know, he could have fucked half Essos or he's still a virgin. We don't have information. If Rhaegar and his memory is a constant presence in his mind is not only because he's a nostalgic memory but because he feels guilty about him being dead.

Nevertheless, the way he remembers Rhaegar is very childish and romantic rather than sexual. His one treasured memory is them talking when they were kids. Maybe because it was a very intimate moment for them (they were probably always surrounded by people), but that's all he allows himself to think about him. Look at many other people thinking about sex: Jaime and Cersei definitely missed each other sexually (at least Jaime), Ned and Cat also did. Even Cersei fantasized about Rhaegar in a more sexually charged way (his long fingers) and thought of him while having miserable sex with Robert. Jon's thoughts about Rhaegar are rather platonic: his silvery hair, he was singing a song about love and doom... He's the same about Myles: all that mattered was his smile... and when he spoke about impressing Rhaegar, he says "I wanted to win his love". That's odd because he already had his attention and preference. It's more likely he's talking about him "loving" him more physically but he's rather deluding himself. So, either Jon is a romantic at heart or he's quite immature about sexuality.

btw, at home, I don't use shoes. But I do in public because... we're in public!

Jon, Loras and Flint from Black Sails all seem to be in the same boat. All three are homosexual: having feelings for someone of the same gender makes you homosexual, whether you act on it or not. These three characters seem to have developed a one-time love that has consumed their entire lives. Obviously Loras and Flint had their love returned while Jon did not, but all three lost their love and blame themselves for his death. This loss has driven them forward to do the things they've done and given them a great sense of purpose for their future (placing Aegon on the throne, joining the Kingsguard and remaining celibate, making Thomas' vision for Nassau come true/getting revenge on those responsible for his death)

He pretty much is yes, but much like Loras and Renly GRRM is more focused on the character and their actions than on their sexuality.

Though I can only imagine what the show would do to Connington had D&D not decided to cut him. Given that Loras is just a walking LGBT billboard with no other disernable traits, I am actually happy they aren't going anywhere near Jon.

Just wanted to add that an affair between JonCon and Aegon would not necessarily make him a pedophile, depending on when it started, anymore than an affair between Littlefinger and Sansa would make him a pedophile. Aegon is a man grown by Westeros standards, if JC and Aegon only started fooling around in the last year or so it would be creepy and somewhat incestuous considering their roles, but it wouldn't be pedophilia.

Not that I think that would happen, I just don't like seeing someone put forth the idea that JonCon might be attracted to Aegon and being accused of saying all gays are pedos. It's a valid thought considering Jon's strong attraction to Rhaegar and Aegon's similar appearance. I just don't think JonCon is the type to go there.

• 1 month later...

So.....Jon Connington is Gay..

That a huge dump of information to process.

Damn i never get these kinds of hints. I thought he loved rhaegar as a bro. Now, I will be always haunted by this thread when i read jon 's pov in twow and think of him as the homosexual griffin.

Short Answer:

Was JonCon Gay? Yes.

Were he and Rhaegar lovers? No.

Was JonCon digging on the Rhae-man? Yes.

Did he protect "Aegon" in order to show loyalty and love for the Rhae-man? Yes.

Did JonCon try any funny business with "Aegon"? No.

/thread.

GG.

If we were angling for anyone to start getting creepy about their old sweethearts look-alike we'd be looking at Robert if he had been around an aging Arya.

To be honest, it must have been kinda awkward for Rhaegar. He was smart, and he might have noticed J.Con staring dreamly at him (the guy noticed his hair blowing in the wind, that means he was staring at the dude)

Nice to know Rhaegar had no problem with gay people

I dunno, Rhaegar liked to stare into space all pretty like, I'm pretty sure JonCon's reaction was par for the course based on how pretty Rhae-man was supposed to be.

Maybe he was just used to being gazed at adoringly for his silvery emo Rhaegar-ness. Maybe he thought that's how people behaved normally.

Yay, responding to two year old comments.

It's not like he would marry you anyway because he's better than you.

He's better than all of us.

JonCon is the hero Gotham deserves.

Assuming G.R.R.M doesn't take his promise to out monstrosity Vince Gilligan too seriously. Heisenberg and Jon have the deadly illness in common, let that be where it ends.

I have found it a little bit strange that when ever JonCon thinks about him it always returns to his looks, which is kinda weird for guys who were just bros.

Personally, I think that JonCon had a huge crush on Rhaegar but it was not mutual and his Guardianship of Aegon is his attempt to redeem himself for failing Rhaegar, mind you, his failure to capture and kill Robert ended up killing Rhaegar, his wife and his children.

Rhaegar running off with Lyanna (consensual or not) is the reason his wife and children were killed.

Short Answer:

Was JonCon Gay? Yes.

Were he and Rhaegar lovers? No.

Was JonCon digging on the Rhae-man? Yes.

Did he protect "Aegon" in order to show loyalty and love for the Rhae-man? Yes.

Did JonCon try any funny business with "Aegon"? No.

/thread.

I agree on every answer. And it's pretty obvious.

Archived