Sweetrobin, sweetsleep, lemoncakes, Sansa and the gruesome fate of kinslayers

Yes. Rickard Karstark considers Robb's execution of him kinslaying, even though their blood ties are far more distant than that between first cousins.

That was Karstark grasping at straws more than anything. If this is kinslaying, pretty much all nobles involved in wars would be kinslayers given the blood ties between the nobility.

Robert was far more closely related to Rhaegar (they were second cousins) than Rickard and Robb were , yet nobody calls him kinslayer, not even Viserys and Dany.

I also lean towards LF being Robin's father. A one night stand 15 years or more in the past is fine, but Lyssa seems to think she's in a current relationship with LF.

Add Jon Arryn's previous unproductive marriages and Robin's small size, and I think GRRM has given us a clue.

And whether LF is aware or not, is irrelevant. If he kills Robin a horrible fate awaits him. Which might be justice. What is it about wards (Theon and LF) to betray their guardians? And both wanted to be members of the families they betrayed.

I'm thinking Sansa continues to be kicked while she is down. She will continue to have her hopes up, only to have them ripped back down. As a result, her arc ends with her jumping out of the Moon Door, but in turn framing Petyr with her murder. Incredibly sad, but to see Baelish go down like that would be pretty sweet.

SORRY////

Sweet Robin will die in the next book, pretty obvious. I think he will die while in bed with Alayne, causing her to absolutely FREAK. She then plots against Petyr, only to have her plots routed by him. In turn check my previous post.

I hope that Sansa kills Baelish. Or Sweet Robin. Or ANYONE. Just give her some agency, for god's sake! For five books now she's just been the helpless, lifeless foil to her active, stubborn sister and it's starting to get boring as hell. For me anyway.

• 11 months later...

I´m not sure if that is how it will play out. Sansa is a survivor. She will have to at least warg a bird or something, and play a bigger role in the storyline before a horrible fate. I´m sure she will be betrothed at least once after Harry Hardyng.

Even if A+J=T Tyrion is still a kinslayer cause Twyin and Joanna where first cousins.I think GRRM has given much importance in the fact that Alayne has become like a mother to SR and he usually does what she says.I believe more Alayne manipulating everybody (SR,LF,Harry,Lord Declarants) without killing SR.But now she must do something important or die!

I´m not sure if that is how it will play out. Sansa is a survivor. She will have to at least warg a bird or something, and play a bigger role in the storyline before a horrible fate. I´m sure she will be betrothed at least once after Harry Hardyng.

With the Tourney of Ashford theory, she could be betrothed to a Targaryean. And the only Targaryean we know even though he might be fake is..Aegon. Unless we have yet to meet a Targaryean.

With the Tourney of Ashford theory, she could be betrothed to a Targaryean. And the only Targaryean we know even though he might be fake is..Aegon. Unless we have yet to meet a Targaryean.

I would be slightly amused by the final suitor being a fake Targ, after all the first one was a fake Baratheon.

Jon's a Targaryen (just saying).

I see a twist coming before these plans come to fruition. All the time in ASOIAF, Martin spells out a plan, and often that plan fall apart because of outside forces. Not every time of course, but making plans that are changed is kind of a theme in the books.

Everyone expects SweetRobin to die, so he'll probably live.

LF plans on marrying Sansa to Harry the Heir? No reason if SweetRobin lives.

And how convenient is it that Shadrich/Mad Mouse shows up in LF's service at the Vale when he is secretly hunting Sansa for Varys? How can this be set up with no ramifications to Sansa's plot?

I wouldn't be surprised if Sansa kills LF to stop him from killing SweetRobin, then hightails it out of the Vale with Shadrich. She may up the price Varys offered Shadrich to get her to a newly Bolton-free Winterfell.

However Martin does it, I don't see kinslaying as part of Sansa's story.

Also, I think the controversial part of Sansa's chapters in TWOW will be her turning on LF. Maybe she'll trick him into eating poisoned lemon cakes or something. Or frame him for an attempted murder or SweetRobin, and he gets beheaded while she gets out of Dodge. Something poetic.

Hahahaha. If they weren't brought up as brothers and sisters, I would be more than fine with this relationship. Besides, EVEN if it was to Jon, i hope not, cause all the betrothals...failed.

But its clearly stated that from all the Stark children, Sansa is the least attached to Jon. I saw some possible foreshadowing for Jon+Sansa in AGOT

"... Wishing she could hurt him, wishing that some hero would throw him down and cut of his head." page 795

The him in this sentence is Janos Slynt and and as we know Jon cut his head off

But its clearly stated that from all the Stark children, Sansa is the least attached to Jon. I saw some possible foreshadowing for Jon+Sansa in AGOT

The him in this sentence is Janos Slynt and and as we know Jon cut his head off

The reason i don't want it to be Jon is because all the other betrothals (Joffrey, Willas, Tyrion) failed with Sansa. Most likely Harry will fail as well. Thus, if Jon is meant to be Sansa's suitor, that relationship is meant to go downhill. in the end, i think it's (f) Aegon and they might only be betrothed but not actually married.

So sure, i am not ruling out Jon/Sansa (as weird as it sounds) for end game, but it does seem unlikely.

IF Sansa kills sweetrobin, I think its going to be like Dany did with Drogo.

I think Sweetrobin will end up in a comatose or brain damaged state and be obviously suffering in some horrible way. There are also theories he may be raped in the 'controversial' chapter, if that happens that could tie in as well. Raped, beaten and left for dead, only to not be dead, but paralyzed etc.

I see Sansa killing him out of kindness, smothering him, or even feeding him a poisoned lemoncake so that he died quickly and not in pain.

I don't see her deliberately trying to poison or kill him any other way.

I also don't see Sansa killing him. I understand GRRM has put her in this situation and has mentioned SR's poisoning for a reason, but this is a girl who has lost her family, and even seen some of them die firsthand. I can't imagine she would be complicit (knowingly) to the further killing of family members.

I think Sansa is becoming a player, and is more likely to help SR, or replace his food/drink with non-poisoned stuff. She doesn't want to marry HtH, and now that drunken LF revealed this plan to her, she can subvert it because as GRRM has painstakingly detailed, Sansa is SR's primary caretaker now.

I think mostly I don't want the poor little boy to die :( but I could definitely see Sansa becoming a 'savior' in a way. She becomes the shining knight she always so desperately wanted to believe in, and saves the "damsel" in distress, SR. Trope = subverted, à la GRRM specialty.

IF Sansa kills sweetrobin, I think its going to be like Dany did with Drogo.

I think Sweetrobin will end up in a comatose or brain damaged state and be obviously suffering in some horrible way. There are also theories he may be raped in the 'controversial' chapter, if that happens that could tie in as well. Raped, beaten and left for dead, only to not be dead, but paralyzed etc.

I see Sansa killing him out of kindness, smothering him, or even feeding him a poisoned lemoncake so that he died quickly and not in pain.

I don't see her deliberately trying to poison or kill him any other way.

That is going to be pretty horrible to read. Especially through Sansa's POV. As much as that kid is annoying, i don't think he deserves. To be honest, i am sometimes baffled when people DO want him to die.

Archived