Assuming Aegon is fake, is it completely certain he will clash with Daenerys?

Panos Targaryen

Although I believe he could be either real or fake equally, let's assume he's a Blackfyre. What makes people assume he will fight Dany? They both have something each other needs. Dany has the dragons, Aegon has Dorne and soon the Stormlands, they have no reason to fight each other. If Dany finds out he is fake, it would be stupid to attack him merely for being a BF. She shouldn't care, he's too valuable strategically anyway (people believe he is Aegon, why would Dany let his true parentage ruin everything?) They could still marry and make an alliance to conquer Westeros, because BF or not, he has began his conquest of Westeros and has taken important strongholds, and with Dany's dragons they can kick ass. Also, uniting House Targaryen and House Blackfyre into one again is very neat and eliminates the chance of another BF rebellion.

nah I'm pretty sure all main characters will make peace, hug each other, kill the evil bad guys, and have a nice alcohol-free banquet at the end to celebrate brotherly love

C'mon, you know that's not what I mean. People fight each other because they have a reason to. Dany has no reason to fight Aegon or (f)Aegon, they could conquer Westeros together and rebuild the Targaryen dynasty.

Dorne could be the reason of their fight.

Right now Dorne are set to be against Dany and pro Aegon. If Arianne were to marry Aegon, Dany wouldn't like it one bit.

That's why I think JonCon needs to die ASAP or at least be away from Aegon for a while. I can see Arianne seducing a young and naive Aegon, but not if Connington is there to point him towards Dany.

Wow, he better have a good reason for them fighting each other. Dany going self-righteously crazy maybe (I shall slay the mummer's dragon!!!)? Doran being pissed off at Dany for refusing Quentyn?

She'll remember the cloth dragon from the HOTU and being the slayer of lies she'll say Aegon's fake and start another Dance because he won't back down because he genuinely believes he's the real Aegon and she won't back because she believes she's the rightful Targ heir.

She'll remember the cloth dragon from the HOTU and being the slayer of lies she'll say Aegon's fake and start another Dance because he won't back down because he genuinely believes he's the real Aegon and she won't back because she believes she's the rightful Targ heir.

Damn, this combined with the Second Battle of the Dawn makes me believe there won't be much of Westeros left by the end of it all.

Here is SSM that gives us proof that GRRM intends that Second Dance to happen

Didn't you just say SSM's aren't reliable? :}

Just messing. I take that one as pretty conclusive, but lately I've been coming around to Apple's thinking that the Dance could be Dany vs Jon.

Damn, this combined with the Second Battle of the Dawn makes me believe there won't be much of Westeros left by the end of it all.

I think the BotD 2 will mostly affect the North, and the DofD 2 will affect the South.

Didn't you just say SSM's aren't reliable? :}

Just messing. I take that one as pretty conclusive, but lately I've been coming around to Apple's thinking that the Dance could be Dany vs Jon.

SSM, as long as they are not about publishing day, and what GRRM thought in January 1998 that we will have trilogy are completely reliable... There is a difference when GRRM says "we will have 5 books", and now we have 7, and when he says :we will see Second Dance" and then leave us pieces of foreshadowing...

As for Apple's thinking, I imagine we might even see, part one and part two. In part one, we will see Dany vs. Aegon, and after it is done Dany vs. Jon... Nothing is excluded, but for what I think Dance of dragons 2.0 at the moment is, it is conflict between Dany and Aegon.

With Dany being all "I'm blood of the dragon again!", it's likely she'll get upset that (f)Aegon has landed doing what she should have done two books ago. No one has told her he's an ally which of course means she'll think he's an enemy and a usurper. Her visions of a mummer'a dragon will light a fire under her butt and she'll make for Westoros.

I think the second dance will begin in Meereen. Ain't no way Dany can tame Rhaegal and Viserion without losing one.

In the sample chapter for Arianne a character dreams "everywhere the dragons danced, the people died." That she said " everywhere" is a big clue, I think.

Archived