Rhaegar Reborns

MasterJack

Bear with me.

That night she dreamt that she was Rhaegar, riding to the Trident. But she was mounted on a dragon, not a horse. When she saw the Usurper's rebel host across the river they were armored all in ice, but she bathed them in dragonfire and they melted away like dew and turned the Trident into a torrent. Some small part of her knew that she was dreaming, but another part exulted. This is how it was meant to be. The other was a nightmare, and I have only now awakened.

She threw open the door. “... the dragon... " And saw her brother Rhaegar, mounted on a stallion as black as his armor. Fire glimmered red through the narrow eye slit of his helm. “The last dragon,” Ser Jorah’s voice whispered faintly. “The last, the last.” Dany lifted his polished black visor. The face within was her own.

Twice Dany dreamed she was Rheagar ,the last dragon.

I didnt find the exact timeline but the wiki says Dany was conceived during the last month of the rebellion and this match possibly around the same time Rheagar was defeated by Robert.

What if some of his memories/plans/souls/mind/etc reside inside Dany?

The fifth room, finally, shows a man very much alike her brother Viserys, except that he is taller and has eyes of dark indigo rather than lilac. He is speaking to a woman who is nursing a newborn babe, telling her that the child's name should be Aegon and saying that "What better name for a king?". The woman asks him if he will make a song for the child, and he replies that he has a song and that "He is the prince that was promised, and his is the song of ice and fire.". He appears to look at Dany then, as if seeing her, and then he adds that "There must be one more," and "The dragon has three heads.".

At first it looked as your normal flashback and then he clearly turns toward her, sees her and talks to her.

Rhaegar:
The guy certainly had a better plan than just go and die against Robert, unless he knew someone would inherit his will. It could explain why Rheagar, the guy with the master plan about prophecies, told this to Jaime:

When the battle's done I mean to call a council. Changes will be made. I meant to do it long ago, but ... well, it does no good to speak of roads not taken. We shall talk when I return.

If part of him is inside Dany, this meeting with Jaime could really happens.

Skinchanger:

It is often beleived you need to be a first men to be skinchanger, but then again, in this world, magic seem to be everywhere for anyone. The Stark children happens to be skinchanger greatly with the help of their wolf. The wildings Skinchanger seems to have been teached by others and their close bond with nature probably helped too.
And the other is BR, a man already suspected to have some misunderstood skinchanging power even before he goes north.
Marwin, Mel and MMD know Magic and their bloodline dont seem to be from some magical family.

My point is Magic is free for everyone to learn and use, and skinchanging is magic.

You see now where I am going? What if Rhaegar already planned to enter baby Dany.
What if his last word:

Rubies flew like drops of blood from the chest of a dying prince, and he sank to his knees in the water and with his last breath murmured a woman's name.

is Dany.

The Last Dragon, and the Mother of Dragons.

Dany is called 1000 time "Mother of Dragons", with good reason since she burned with 3 rock and woke up with 3 dragon.
But dont you find it strange how often Rhaegar is called the "Last Dragon" for no apparent reason?

If Dany is the Mother of dragons, could she be the vessel for the rebirth of the "Last Dragon"?

Skinchanging into a human is difficult since you can be rejected, but if the mind is weak it is easier. Bran won over Hodor's mind with his first try. Now when Bran enters him Hodor's mind hides somewhere Bran cant see. Entering a baby's mind is certainly no more difficult. He could just be hiding somewhere Dany cant see.

ForeShaddowing?

Dany's dead baby.

He was scaled like a lizard, blind, with the stub of
a tail and small leather wings like the w ings of a bat. When I touched him, the flesh sloughed off
the bone, and inside he was full of graveworms and the stink of corruption. He had been dead for
years.”

Ah yeah, so there was a human-dragon dead for years inside Dany? Rhaegar the last Dragon.

What if Rhaegar is just waiting for dany to lost herself , if i look back I am lost , and embrace the fire and blood to take over?

yeah crackpot but Rhaegar's crazy unknow plan would look way less a failure if he is still involved in it.

ETA:

"As swift as the wind he rides, and behind him his khallasar covers the earth, men without number, with arraks shining in their hands like blades of razor grass. Fierce as a storm this prince will be. His enemies will tremble before him, and their wives will weep tears of blood and rend their flesh in grief. The bells in his hair will sing his coming, and the milk men in the stone tents will fear his name." The old woman trembled and looked at Dany almost as if she were afraid. "The prince is riding, and he shall be the stallion who mounts the world."

This could still be true.

I say nay...

As far as I remember, Rhaegar wasn't genocidal psycopath, so Dany would have to be some kind of unRhaegar...

Also Dany has no skill with a sword whatsoever so it wouldn't even be fun to see Gendry slaying her.

Nay.

He isnt the one behind the streeing wheel yet. :P

very interesting thoery. also to add to your skin changer point. there was a theory thread about aenys being married to a stark woman and this is why jaehaerys and alysanne went north. if this was true that would mean that rhaegar did have first man blood in his ancestry even if it skipped multiple generations its still there.

The thing with the HoTU vision is that it is anything but clear that Rhaegar turns toward her, sees her and talks to her. Dany even thinks - though whether he was speaking to her or the woman in the bed she could not say.

As for the womans name being Dany - How would Rhaegar know 1) that the baby was going to be a girl and 2) that Rhaella was going to name her baby Daenerys.

The thing with the HoTU vision is that it is anything but clear that Rhaegar turns toward her, sees her and talks to her. Dany even thinks - though whether he was speaking to her or the woman in the bed she could not say.

Come on. GRRM made that scene like that on purpose. Rhaegar was looking at Dany.

Anyway, I don't think that Dany is Rhaegar reborn, I just think that she is carrying on his legacy as the 'last dragon'.

While I suppose anything is possible in the series and your post was interesting. But one huge problem remains, preventing it from occuring. Dany is NOT "The Last Dragon!"

^That's right. Leeroy Green is the last dragon;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H7iemtCQXQ

(Yes, that's are real movie... Sho'nuff)

Archived