Reasons why i believe that rape and torture is NEVER okay

jaimecersei

Doesn't that go against your original post? About how murder is always wrong? LOL.

If you felt Cersei murdering Robert was justice then there isn't much else to say to you, except that you seem to have an odd and very skewed idea of "justice" among other things.

my original point is that rape and torture is always wrong. especially theon's torture by ramsay and cersei's walk of shame. i have no problem with an abuse victim killing their abuser. i was glad that tyrion killed tywin and i would love it if sansa killed littlefinger.

You make it sound like he was raping 3 times a day everyday of the week. Robert tried to avoid her at all costs, she didn't kill him to escape him, she killed him because she is a power hungry whore.

Power hungry, treasonous, incestuous, murdering whore. I think you meant.

i think by reading 5 books you have realized that highborn women have no choice, agency or autonomy when it comes to arranged marriage. especially if their dad is tywin fucking lannister

This fallacy is called "circular reasoning". You assume that Tywin's daughter was forced, and thus conclude that Cersei was forced. And after reading five books you should have realized that women can have as much, and as little, choice as men. Just one example: "When the king comes of age in three years, he may give or withhold his consent as he pleases. Until then, you are his regent and I am his Hand, and he will marry whomever we tell him to marry." The "he", surprise surprise, refers to a male. Why, pray, aren't you absolutely disgusted and outraged by this?

thankfully many of the women aren't married off to alcoholic rapist abusive assholes. you do realize you're making excuses for a rapist right?? please just make sure that it isn't something you go around talking about in public.

lol am i getting an etiquette tip ?

funny , most other women whom Robert had relations with thought he was charming and non complained like Cersei . maybe just a tiny maybe , Cersei isn't the angel you paint her out to be .

lol am i getting an etiquette tip ?

funny , most other women whom Robert had relations with thought he was charming and non complained like Cersei . maybe just a tiny maybe , Cersei isn't the angel you paint her out to be .

rape isn't something you can actively try to prevent jesus fucking christ. cersei is a terrible person, but no one "chooses to be raped" jesus fucking christ. cersei DID NOT want to have sex with robert. no matter how many atrocities she commits changes that FACT

I'm in lurk mode these days mostly although I make an appearance every once in a while.

And lol, that was a post from a 9 month old.

hey! be nice , you'll hurt my feelings :crying: :p

rape isn't something you can actively try to prevent jesus fucking christ. cersei is a terrible person, but no one "chooses to be raped" jesus fucking christ. cersei DID NOT want to have sex with robert. no matter how many atrocities she commits changes that FACT

But, she's the queen, her role in Westeros is to produce children.

So, she has to agree to have sex with her husband sometimes, or she can't be queen anymore. Also, in a world of marriages arranged based on power and dynastic connections, "good sex" is probably not the norm, or the expectation. Not all bad sex is rape.

Cersei did not want to have sex with Osney Kettleblack either, but she still did anyway. Or are you going to argue that she was at Osney's mercy?

if only cersei had done it sooner <33333. a rape victim killing her rapist was one of the few times i felt a sense of justice while reading this series

By this, I think you're already trolling.

Robert raped Cersei and cheated on her? Ok. I agree that's bad. But Cersei also denied him children. That's a pretty fucked up thing to do. Or do you think only women have rights over their children? Making a man thinking he has fathered children that actually belong to someone else is also, in a way, raping. She has done something similar with Jaime later: she pretty much turned him on in the Kingsguard tower and when he didn't want to do it there, she mocked him and laugh at him. I've seen abusive men do that to women.

In your OP you said that Cersei doesn't deserved her WoS for what she did, but Tywin and Robert deserved to die for what they did. So, do we have special rules for Cersei? Why? Because she's a woman? You're falling into her game and manipulation so easily that I wonder if your name is actually Kettleblack, "Oh, I'm a women, I've been mistreated and ignored for being a helpless damsel, so, now I'm Queen, I'll rule by doing whatever the heck I want so I can hold my rule". What about if instead fucking people into loyalty she actually surround herself with capable people or make good offers so they can follow by political convenience? Unless you claim that she's entitled to do so and that equals "sexual freedom"? Really? So, instead of actually deserving a job women nowadays should simply sleep with their employees? Nonsense.

Cersei was no victim here, quite the other way around. All Cersei screams about all the time is how people dismiss her for being a woman. But as showTywin said, she's not dismissed for being a woman, she's is dismissed for being a freaking idiot with no real brains. There are strong women in Westeros who made their ways by being smart and clever despite their marriages. Cersei is not one of those woman, whatever the reason behind. Political arranged marriages are the custom in Westeros, and there are many couples who learn to love each other with time or make the best of the situation, even though there is no real love. Cersei failed at not even try.

Cersei did not want to have sex with Osney Kettleblack either, but she still did anyway. Or are you going to argue that she was at Osney's mercy?

By this, I think you're already trolling.

Robert raped Cersei and cheated on her? Ok. I agree that's bad. But Cersei also denied him children. That's a pretty fucked up thing to do. Or do you think only women have rights over their children? Making a man thinking he has fathered children that actually belong to someone else is also, in a way, raping. She has done something similar with Jaime later: she pretty much turned him on in the Kingsguard tower and when he didn't want to do it there, she mocked him and laugh at him. I've seen abusive men do that to women.

In your OP you said that Cersei doesn't deserved her WoS for what she did, but Tywin and Robert deserved to die for what they did. So, do we have special rules for Cersei? Why? Because she's a woman? You're falling into her game and manipulation so easily that I wonder if your name is actually Kettleblack, "Oh, I'm a women, I've been mistreated and ignored for being a helpless damsel, so, now I'm Queen, I'll rule by doing whatever the heck I want so I can hold my rule". What about if instead fucking people into loyalty she actually surround herself with capable people or make good offers so they can follow by political convenience? Unless you claim that she's entitled to do so and that equals "sexual freedom"? Really? So, instead of actually deserving a job women nowadays should simply sleep with their employees? Nonsense.

Cersei was no victim here, quite the other way around. All Cersei screams about all the time is how people dismiss her for being a woman. But as showTywin said, she's not dismissed for being a woman, she's is dismissed for being a freaking idiot with no real brains. There are strong women in Westeros who made their ways by being smart and clever despite their marriages. Cersei is not one of those woman, whatever the reason behind. Political arranged marriages are the custom in Westeros, and there are many couples who learn to love each other with time or make the best of the situation, even though there is no real love. Cersei failed at not even try.

its pretty damn obvious from the story that Cersei denied Robert children because he raped her. And I can't say i blame her for it. I wouldn't want to have children with my rapist either. Having Jaime's children was the only way that Cersei could gain back some independence and agency over HER BODY. thats the entire point of that "eat your heirs" line is. As far as that White Tower scene with Jaime is concerned, Jaime HAD NO qualms with fucking Cersei next to the body of their dead child while she is on her period. And Cersei mentions that when Jaime refuses to have sex with her. plus i think she was also really hurt that he didn't understand how bad it was Tywin was sending her to Casterly Rock. Cersei laughing at Jaime was wrong but I do not see how it is anywhere near the same level as ROBERT RAPING CERSEI?? like just explain to me, how is it anywhere the same level??

I have said it BEFORE and I wil say it again. I am 100% okay with Cersei being killed by one of her abuse victims. Do I believe that Tywin and Robert deserved to be tortured and raped? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Do I believe that Tywin and Robert deserved to be killed by their abuse victims? 100% YES

Cersei's isn't the smartest person in the world. But she was ambitious and had a lot of potential. Tywin NEVER taught her how to rule. These aren't even my own words. These are GRRM's words...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnHBQ0eQT-E. Also unlike a lot of other women Cersei had no female role models or really any supportive or loving people around her. For example, Brienne had a loving and supportive dad which has was a major comfort for her.

its pretty damn obvious from the story that Cersei denied Robert children because he raped her. And I can't say i blame her for it. I wouldn't want to have children with my rapist either. Having Jaime's children was the only way that Cersei could gain back some independence and agency over HER BODY. thats the entire point of that "eat your heirs" line is. As far as that White Tower scene with Jaime is concerned, Jaime HAD NO qualms with fucking Cersei next to the body of their dead child while she is on her period. And Cersei mentions that when Jaime refuses to have sex with her. plus i think she was also really hurt that he didn't understand how bad it was Tywin was sending her to Casterly Rock. Cersei laughing at Jaime was wrong but I do not see how it is anywhere near the same level as ROBERT RAPING CERSEI?? like just explain to me, how is it anywhere the same level??

I have said it BEFORE and I wil say it again. I am 100% okay with Cersei being killed by one of her abuse victims. Do I believe that Tywin and Robert deserved to be tortured and raped? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Do I believe that Tywin and Robert deserved to be killed by their abuse victims? 100% YES

Cersei's isn't the smartest person in the world. But she was ambitious and had a lot of potential. Tywin NEVER taught her how to rule. These aren't even my own words. These are GRRM's words...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnHBQ0eQT-E. Also unlike a lot of other women Cersei had no female role models or really any supportive or loving people around her. For example, Brienne had a loving and supportive dad which has was a major comfort for her.

there are many things wrong with your comment but the fact that you're condoning and rooting for Ramsay Bolton is most disgusting to me.

Not rooting for Bolton at all, I'm rooting for most of Theon's punishment.

Cersei was never raped by Robert. She bashed his face in just for hurting her during sex. You think she'd let him rape her and not retaliate? She had to have sex with Robert or else how would she explain Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen? The woman gloried in the fact that she aborted Robert's child and ate his "heirs". She had sex with Robert to keep their marriage together. Just because she didn't like having sex with Robert doesn't mean she was raped. There's a huge difference. You need to learn that.

Archived