Daenerys as a "Villain" Appreciation 2.0, with new take

LordStoneheart

ffs, I had an answer to that longer post and it up and vanished. Sorry.

Basically, I was trying to answer about the responsibility for everyone, etc. Dany's mistake was giving too much power to the nobles in Mereen, and then.......letting them play her. I'm think that Dragons Do Not Sow might mean, other than she's channelling a Kraken, that.....she knows its time to find allies who will, and the Masters won't. Maybe. The armies descending on Mereen arent' there to help, just reestablish slavery, but still, it's going to require more than just Dany now, and who knows, the right allies might be brought to bear.

Still, it's NOT called the Mereenese Knot for nothin'!!

(I am running out of time, though, so if this post goes, it goes, LOL)

Or, she could burn Mereen to the ground, she's a villian if she does, and to some, she'll always be a villain even if she doesn't. :dunno:

She's not a villian. She's a bad ruler. Sure, there are things she could do, but she won't. If she left Selmy, Tyrion, Missandei and Shavepate in charge along with half of her army...there is a good chance in 10 years...the place would be stabilized, and if slavery wasn't eradicated it would be at least seriously diminished and heavily regulated. But, she won't do that....because she's immature and selfish and has really bad judgement.

She's not a villian. She's a bad ruler. Sure, there are things she could do, but she won't. If she left Selmy, Tyrion, Missandei and Shavepate in charge along with half of her army...there is a good chance in 10 years...the place would be stabilized, and if slavery wasn't eradicated it would be at least seriously diminished and heavily regulated. But, she won't do that....because she's immature and selfish and has really bad judgement.

This is hilarious. You are giving Selmy, Tyrion and Missandei 10 years to stabilize the city but apparantly you expected Daenerys to do it in less than a year and since she didn't achieve that she is a bad ruler.

Wow.

This is hilarious. You are giving Selmy, Tyrion and Missandei 10 years to stabilize the city but apparantly you expected Daenerys to do it in less than a year and since she didn't achieve that she is a bad ruler.

Wow.

None of those four would have allowed the current mess to happen in the first place.

Archived