04x02 "The Lion and the Rose" Promo

I'm really not a fan of this new promo layout, I have to say. The music just seems off somehow, and the new 'Game of Thrones' logo looks weirdly too festive: I preferred the eerie drum music from the season 3 previews, and the logo set against a black/dark green background…but whatever. The next episode looks pretty damn amazing (it's been hailed by certain critics as one of the best hours of the show to date).

I think we all know what to expect from next week, anyway (at least in terms of the KL arc) so I'll list some stray observations:

– Ramsay's hunt looks like it's going to be in this episode, as well as maybe his interactions with Roose? Apparently the hunt is the last thing that truly breaks Theon/Reek, so I'm simultaneously apprehensive and excited to see how it plays out.

– Bran's visions are in this episode, which pretty much confirms that the dragon-shadow flying over KL is one of them. I guess they found a way to write CH out.

– I like that they kept some variation of the line "Handless and noseless, the Lannister boys."

– I'm looking forward to Melisandre's interactions with Shireen, and getting a bit of much-needed exposition into the Great Other and R'hllor (and possibly Azor Ahai?)

Yeah finally Stannis.

He looks grumpy, which is good.

Haha, yep. On another thread I asked someone that had seen the episode, specifically "what is Stannis like during the burnings?" and she said he was pissed off and reluctant but determined, so... it looks like we're getting back a bit of the good ol' Stannis finally.

I also look forward to Jaime +Tyrion and Jaime+Bronn, written by GRRM. I recall that in one SSM he said that while waiting ASOS he initially considered having Jaime arrive at KL before Joffrey's wedding. I wonder if he'll recycle dialogues or concepts that he envisioned back then for those scenes.

It seems that we'll have most of the storylines that were dropped from E1: Bran, Dragonstone, and Dreadfort. I guess that we are not going to have Arya, Jon, and wildling, since their stories were left at an adequate stopping point.

As per the dragon's shadows over KL, it can only be a dream, and my main guess is Dany. But perhaps it could be one of Melisandre's visions: she "sees in the flames" three dragons over KL, and they try to wake them by burning three people alive.

– Ramsay's hunt looks like it's going to be in this episode, as well as maybe his interactions with Roose? Apparently the hunt is the last thing that truly breaks Theon/Reek, so I'm simultaneously apprehensive and excited to see how it plays out.

As much as I can't wait for the Roose/Ramsey scene, I doubt they will be showing the hunt + Moat Cailin + return to Dreadfort all in one episode (wouldn't be surprised however to be in 2 episodes and I can't wait :D)

Also love that they have added the dreadfort into the oepning credits, always awesome to see art/depictions of places that havn't really been described in any real detail.

Moat cailin will be later in the season probably episode 8. roose comes to the dreadfort early in the season leaves then they meet up again at the end of the season. The actor who plays roose said he is not in a lot of the episodes so this is the most likely outcome.

STANNIS! STANNIS! STANNIS! by the way Boltons! And of course the one true king Joffrey!

Can't wait, had way too much KL this ep. Joffrey is my favorite part of KL.

That won't change next week though. According to the promo, Stannis', Bran's and Bolton's storylines are in the episode and the rest is King's Landing. I suppose Arya, the Wall + Wildlings and Dany won't be there or not all of them anyway.

What I don't understand is how they can have Roose and Ramsay meet up before Theon clears out Moat Cailin. The entire reason for him clearing out Moat Cailin in the book was so Roose and his men could keep coming up North, but if he already apparently can.... what's the point of keeping Theon's mission in the show...?

the show never established it as the gateway to the north so in the show there is probably another way to get back to the dread fort . Roose will probably arrive with a small number then leave to reclaim the rest of his forces as well as the freys. A larger force would probably require them to take moat cailin.

I really wanted to see Roose be a guest at the PW just so we could have a Tywin/Roose scene but I guess that was never really going to happen.

I'm really looking forward for Cersei's crazed mother reaction (can she top Catelyn?) and how they tackle Bran's visions.

I like how Ramsay is in this episode too- he's pretty much gong to take the most hated/annoying character title from Joff.

I've got to say, I'm not really a big fan of this new promo lay out either. I really liked the way Season 3 promos were laid out- especially the 3x10 (Mhysa) promo with flashes of the RW aftermath and 'the Northerners will never forget' line. It was very effective and haunting.

Archived