[Book spoilers] Jon and Ghost's reunion

I thought it was fine.

Would have enjoyed something more but I understand the constraints.

Would have loved something like this*...

* Great story, but go to 1:01 if you want to see what is probably the closest thing we can get to a Jon Snow Ghost reunion, complete with appropriate score.

OMG. That made me cry. And I'm at work....

I'm more annoyed by their treatment of the direwolves in general. They just make them seem so damn stupid and useless. They're DIREWOLVES! They're supposed to be intelligent, not always in a cage or falling in a hole.

The show focuses very much on the dragons but hardly EVER on the direwolves. This will never fail to make me sad.

They have to play up the dragons otherwise no one would give a shit about the Essos storyline.

I agree with the treatment of the wolves. With the exception of Summer they've all been swept to the side. Hopefully Ghost will have more of a presence this season considering how much important stuff goes down at the Wall.

They have to play up the dragons otherwise no one would give a shit about the Essos storyline.

I agree with the treatment of the wolves. With the exception of Summer they've all been swept to the side. Hopefully Ghost will have more of a presence this season considering how much important stuff goes down at the Wall.

In all fairness, they brought Ghost back earlier than the did in the books. So there's that, at least.

Kit's acting has been fine and think he has really stepped it up this season with much more beefier material - thought he hit a grand slam out of the park with his speech in episode four.

Regardless, I thought they actually used real wolves (I seem to remember seeing the wolf they use for Summer in front of a green screen) and then utilized CGI to make them huge.

I can understand if it was too difficult/impossible to have Ghost cuddle with Jon (leap on him and roll around in the snow), but at least Jon could have pet him more and hugged him, with Ghost licking his face a couple times.

Wolves are notoriously hard to tame and train. I wouldn't want to roll around with a wolf, no matter how tame they are. Even if I were Jon, I'd have developed a health respect for a beast that could tear a man's head off in two seconds. Not sure the books showing them rolling around in each other's arms is that realistic.

Well, I liked the reunion in the show, but I like the one in the book waaaay better. Not necessarily because of the cuddling and rolling in the snow, but because of the moment. You can really feel like Jon is being reunited with a part of himself, something that gives him confidence about his identity, his purpose, his morals. He's a Snow, and it's okay, the world has a place for him too.

Besides, we won't have Jon saying "I thought you had died on me too. Like Ygritte, Robb, and all the others" (paraphrased)

I mean, for pity's sake, if there's ever an Arya/Nymeria reunion, let it be that corny. Give us one moment! Everything else can be nasty, brutish, and short; just give us that one moment.

Wholeheartedly, :agree:

I've been praying for this reunion for so long now. :crying:

I mean, for pity's sake, if there's ever an Arya/Nymeria reunion, let it be that corny. Give us one moment! Everything else can be nasty, brutish, and short; just give us that one moment.

Yeah, that's your "christian the lion" moment...

Sorry about that by the way. That hits hard, should have put a warning on it

Ohmy god, yes. Love that this thread has become a Christian the Lion appreciation thread, lol.

Archived