The death of Ramsay Snow/Bolton

The other prince

I wouldn’t be surprised if Ramsay or Roose lived through the series since the worst characters don’t always get their comeuppance in this story.

I could see Ramsay killing Roose or vice versa. Without Roose, he wouldn’t have the same power, and I don’t think he could dream of keeping the northern lords loyal since he is pretty obviously crazy. Maybe he killed Roose prior to writing the Pink Letter. He is now in control in Winterfell after thinking he beat Stannis (who faked his death) in the Battle of Ice that’s about to happen at the end of ADwD. Stannis infiltrates Winterfell and kills Ramsay, gaining control of all of the northern forces.

I think it would be very fitting if Theon kills Ramsay. Another satisfying

end for him would be if his dogs tear him apart. Theon killing Roose

as vengeance for Robb would also be fitting. I think Roose and Ramsay

will both die. In Ramsay's case it can't be soon enough.

I would guess if Theon does kill Ramsay he would use his archery

skills. With Roose I would hope for a blade to the heart.

Ramsey deserves a painful death and the most fitting would be Theon, but since that is unlikely to happen because of Theon's current mental state and the possibility that he may not make it to that battle. I would like to see Ghost or Shaggydog rip out his throat. Maybe even a warged Jon/ghost.

As for Roose, my favorite end for him would be a bit of revenge from Lady Stoneheart at the Red Wedding 2.0 (although I am not sure Roose would attned)

Theon killing him is way too predictable.

He might get torn to pieces by Nymeria's wolf pack, mirroring what he likes to do to other people.

Or i can see Jon killing him in battle. One bastard to another.

Or maybe Roose realises that he's too much of a liability and has him killed.

I would guess if Theon does kill Ramsay he would use his archery

I think archery is out of the question, what with his hands being mutilated.

Ramsay will get his comeuppance, that's for sure. ASOIAF is a cynical series but the villains still get their just desserts: Joffrey, Viserys, Gregor, Tywin, the Bloody Mummers to name a few.

No no no this all all WRONG for his death; at what passes for his black spot called his heart lives Sadism Ramsay would enjoy far too much having dogs turned upon him or being tortured. I can see him enjoying it... no I say chop off his head in one fell swoop do not give him the satisfaction in showing him that his death has meaning to you.

By giving his death no meaning more than just slewing another Bastard is more fitting.

I think archery is out of the question, what with his hands being mutilated.

Ramsay will get his comeuppance, that's for sure. ASOIAF is a cynical series but the villains still get their just desserts: Joffrey, Viserys, Gregor, Tywin, the Bloody Mummers to name a few.

Agreed. Although somewhat cynical those that deserve it tend to get what is comming to them. What really makes the series seem so cynical is so many people who don't seem to deserve it getting killed or what have you. Even charaters that seem to be trying for a type of redemption usually get some type of punishment first like Jaime and Theon.

I think it will be Jon who kills Ramsay in a second Battle of Long Lake with the Boltons sharing the fate of Raymun Redbeard and his sons and Jon playing the role of Artos Stark.

His fingers closed around the parchment. Would that they could crush Ramsay Bolton's throat as easily.

Clydas cleared his throat. "Will there be an answer?"

"Does my lord wish to answer?" the maester asked . . . Jaime rolled the parchment up again as tight as one hand would allow

I think Jon may get that wish with Ramsay. As we know Jaime will strangle with one hand the person who sent the summons, Cersei, about his sister's predicament. I think Jon will do the same to the one who sent the summons, Ramsay, about his "sister's" predicament. If Jon was able to lift Thorne off the ground with one hand in ASoS, imagine what he could do to the guy he believed abused and raped his sister.

I've always like the idea that Roose will declare himself King in the North.

We know whose coming for him and Ramsay.

There's power in King's blood

The Queen's Men did say that for the sacrifice it should be "First the father, and then the son, so they both die kings"

Not even Theon fulfills this, because he's no king

The only candidates would be Mance and his son down south, but Roose and Ramsey would be just too epic

I have always favored him getting torn apart by Arya warging Nymeria. But Nymeria's pack may be too far south; Martin would have to give us passages telling us that the pack was moving north into range of Winterfell.

Failing that, he should die in the taking of Winterfell, but Stannis will probably want to order him taken alive for trial, hostage against Roose, or some other calculating purpose.

There's also a chance he escapes the battle and makes it all the way to his castle. In which case his fate is delayed, and wide open. But having Jon finish him would be appropriate.

About that Pink Letter....in Theon's last PoV before Jon getting that letter, a crow arrived in Winterfell telling Roose where Stannis' army was. Much was made about how wet everything was; the crow was wet, the message was wet etc.

When Jon got the Pink Letter, the crow would have flown through the same storm, yet no mention at all of the message being wet. The opposite in fact - the seal was snapped open, the parchment unrolled, rolled up again, unrolled...several times. Things that cannot be done with wet parchment.

Starting to think now that the Pink Letter originated a lot closer to Jon than we think!

Archived