Iron from Ice discussion (spoilers)

shmewdog

From the dialogue between Ethan and Lord Whitehall, it seems that at some point in the past, the two houses were forced to share some ironwood groves. The Whitehalls did not have the same skill working the wood, nor did they bother replanting the trees to recycle their groves. So the Whitehalls have used all theirs up and only Forresters control any groves now. Except for the mystical North Grove

As to why the Forresters aren't any wealthier for their ironwood, it seems that the problem lies in supply. There are only so many groves, and each tree takes generations to replace itself. Even if they charge astronomically high prices, they can't possibly outprice say, an iron shield vs a ironwood one. And even ironwood ships would be vulnerable to ramming by a much larger vessel.

Well since the new Lady of House Forrester, Mira, is in Kings Landing, I wonder what happens then, does Elissa take over as acting lady, or as regent for acting Lady Talia. We've had 3 of the 13 die already... Damn...

There's still a son about to be a lord, he's just rather indisposed at the moment being the fat wanker's hostage.

Also why did Lord Gregor's sword have blood on it. The Northerners haven't fought in a while

Found this on Reddit...

"There isn't a spoiler marker for the telltale game yet, nor is their an official discussion thread, so I took it upon myself to create an unofficial one.

I marked this as spoilers all, which should technically cover this. In addition, we can discuss the events that are taking place in contex with the show.

As for my own thoughts on the episode, it was better than I expected it to be, if a little slow towards the middle. It was definitely worth the buy.

EDIT So a friend of mine was looking through the game files and found the names of the next episodes.

Episode 2: "The Lost Lords"

Episode 3: "The Sword in the Darkness"

Episode 4: "Sons of Winter"

Episode 5: "A Nest of Vipers"

Episode 6: "The Ice Dragon"

That's right. ICE DRAGON. Get your tinfoil hats on everyone."

Ice dragon fuckkkk. Lost Lords pertains to Ryon and Asher, swords in darkness arriving at the. Wall? Sons of winter? Asher? Nest of Vipers would be the duel of Oberyn and Mountain.

Irregardless of what you do, [...] Mira makes Marg mad.

The rest is true, but if you do what she asks of you (play the good girl for Cersei), confirm that it was only a lip-service, be nice and trustful with Sera and emphasize with poor, poor Marg when Joff gets mad about your request it is possible, at least in episode 1, that everyone kinda likes Mira. Cersei was pleased (at least Marg said so), Tyrion liked some of Miras' more "interpret my words however you like"-answers and happy when she was nice to him later, Marg smiled often and seemed genuinely sad/guilty about not being able to help and Sera seems to like her as well.

There's still a son about to be a lord, he's just rather indisposed at the moment being the fat wanker's hostage.

Also why did Lord Gregor's sword have blood on it. The Northerners haven't fought in a while

Depending on your actions the eldest son can die. The second son in exile as the plot device for meeting Dany is still alive no matter what.

So, no, have no fear, you aren't bad at the game...unless you were messing up the quick time events or something >_>

SO much. I hate those things. I told myself "this is not a game, just a choose your own adventure" and was ready to relax and watch the story unfold. Then I'm struggling to pick up a sword, it took me six tries. :(

I just can't believe that Ramsay would be sent in to settle something like this. It looks like Ironrath is in the northwest of the wolfswood, and I don't think the Boltons ever bothered going there before to get oaths of fealty. Plus, everything in KL just seemed so gimmicky. "Go head to head with Peter and Lena Lannister! and Anne Boelyn Tyrell!"

I suppose it keeps in line with the hype and soap opera in middle earth that Game of Thrones has become, but I think it's quite silly. If the previews were true though, I can't wait to get to the Wall and Essos.

Found this on Reddit...

"There isn't a spoiler marker for the telltale game yet, nor is their an official discussion thread, so I took it upon myself to create an unofficial one.

I marked this as spoilers all, which should technically cover this. In addition, we can discuss the events that are taking place in contex with the show.

As for my own thoughts on the episode, it was better than I expected it to be, if a little slow towards the middle. It was definitely worth the buy.

EDIT So a friend of mine was looking through the game files and found the names of the next episodes.

Episode 2: "The Lost Lords"

Episode 3: "The Sword in the Darkness"

Episode 4: "Sons of Winter"

Episode 5: "A Nest of Vipers"

Episode 6: "The Ice Dragon"

That's right. ICE DRAGON. Get your tinfoil hats on everyone."

Ice dragon fuckkkk. Lost Lords pertains to Ryon and Asher, swords in darkness arriving at the. Wall? Sons of winter? Asher? Nest of Vipers would be the duel of Oberyn and Mountain.

HOLY SHIT ICE FUCKING DRAGONS??????????

What sort of game is this, RPG, RTS?

It's basically a series of interactive cutscenes with quick time events and choices you have to make that effect how the plot plays out over the episodes. You can pick up some items, but you don't gain levels or participate in combat beyond the quick time events.

Overal, great episode, but if nitpick into the detail, I found two issues:

1) How could Lord Forester be assigned as vanguard if he was not high rank enough to be invited into the wedding ceremony in the greathall ?

2) A squire is NOT a lower rank in an army

I just can't believe that Ramsay would be sent in to settle something like this. It looks like Ironrath is in the northwest of the wolfswood, and I don't think the Boltons ever bothered going there before to get oaths of fealty. Plus, everything in KL just seemed so gimmicky. "Go head to head with Peter and Lena Lannister! and Anne Boelyn Tyrell!"

I suppose it keeps in line with the hype and soap opera in middle earth that Game of Thrones has become, but I think it's quite silly. If the previews were true though, I can't wait to get to the Wall and Essos.

Well it makes sense that the Boltons (as the new ruling House) would be more involved in settling Northern disputes post-Red Wedding.

I haven't bought the game yet, is Roose still chillin' below Moat Cailin?

Archived