TTTNE 446: Ships

Buckwheat

Allow me to give you an element of discord...is this a tutor or the person deciding on whether you finish out the year or not? Big difference. If it is the latter, then you had better be there early and sit your ass down to wait to talk to him/her even if you have to wait all day. Your study appt and being home by 5 are not nearly as important. If you missed the appointment with the individual that makes decisions, then you need to have your butt on the phone first thing tomorrow morning and rescheduling it ASAP! You do not want to spend your holidays with this hanging over your head. Pull on your big girl panties and deal with it instead of continuing to put it off.

:grouphug:

yeah i gotta agree with bexy here . even tho you did nothing wrong you also didn't get what you wanted which is stupid . life is not fair kiddo and just because something is right doesn't mean it's gonna happen but here's the catch , you NEED this , you absolutely have to do it , it sucks , it's troublesome but then again it's your life , you have to be able to push forward and move on . do whatever you have to , follow that lady home if you must just GET SHIT DONE ! if you don't get it done you're only wasting your own time . that's how life currently works .

morning .

Hey Tates and Adara.

Adara, I would usually take the train (roughly 3 1/2hrs) but Mothership is in London for work (well, she was yesterday. I say London...I mean Stratford). So I am taking the Jubilee Line and meeting her, then she will drive me back home.

ETA: Any festive luck with the house hunting

Oh that sounds nice :) And you don't have to be afraid to fall asleep and miss your trainstation :lol:

House hunting: gets more and more frustrating. We've had another appointment earlier this week which was also overprized crap. Constant fear: increasing interests. Property transfer tax will rise from 5% to 6,5% in January, thank you very much government. We're stuck here forever and I can't stand it any longer. Nope, we're still searching.

Bex, Potato, thanks :grouphug:

I did reschedule with her yesterday but unfortunately she's away for 5 weeks now on university business. However she has said she will arrange for me to meet with someone else to discuss whether I can take my exams this semester. I'm not gonna put it off any longer, it's just plain stupid. Although I think the meeting will probably be after the New Year because of Christmas and all. (If it's earlier then great.) The biggest thing in my favour is my coursework (which counts towards my final grade) I scored pretty damn well on it. As proof that I'm quite capable.

But yeah hopefully it's all sorted soon.

Morning everyone

So, when I start a thread, you all do your best to spam as much as you can to end it soon? :P

(Just kidding.)

I slept in today because I had to drive the valonqar to the city literally in the middle of the night and now it is 11.22 and I have no idea what to do with this day because my biological clock must be very confused. I have a lesson later, and the dancing training in the evening.

I hate these stupid tests. I always get a result I hate.

In any case. Which Middle-Earth Immortal Badass Are You, people?

Legolas. And there is nothing wrong with elves! They have bows and pretty hair and stuff. :smug:

Yeah , surgery should always be the last resort when giving birth . And the scar pretty much ruins your beach plans for the future .

Um. What? :dunno:

I've heard this. Hopefully my kiddo doesn't end up chunky. I never was until I had him :lol:

They pretty much forced induction on me because they said my amniotic fluid was too low. But when they did the ultrasound my babe was gulping away. I thought that's why it was low :dunno:

After SIX hours of pushing (I mean actual pushing. I did like 8 of getting contractions to regulate) he was in the canal and everyone could see him but no one could get him out. He got stuck and tangled. And so it was off to emergency c section :( And after taking my insides out, and my baby, they discovered a large cyst in my Fallopian tube and so I had two surgeries at once.

And though it sounds horrific, it was the best damned day of my life :wub:

Anyway, you know how I always say my life is so weird? Today is a fine example. I came home and opened the door and was nearly knocked over by the smell of natural gas. My mom and son hadn't even noticed and had been in the house all day
So the gas guy came out and confirmed the furnace has a leak. Fantastic.

Then, on the way home from the grocery store, a bee somehow got in to the car and stung my middle finger. My favorite finger to use whilst driving

Random. Weird. Shit.

That does sound horrific. :grouphug: Hope your finger heals soon!

All insects here are dead because it is cold. I do not particularly mind bees and wasps, but I am glad there are no flies. Flies are dirty.

Hey Tates and Adara.
Adara, I would usually take the train (roughly 3 1/2hrs) but Mothership is in London for work (well, she was yesterday. I say London...I mean Stratford). So I am taking the Jubilee Line and meeting her, then she will drive me back home.

Have a nice time at home! :)

House hunting: gets more and more frustrating. We've had another appointment earlier this week which was also overprized crap. Constant fear: increasing interests. Property transfer tax will rise from 5% to 6,5% in January, thank you very much government. We're stuck here forever and I can't stand it any longer. Nope, we're still searching.

Sorry to hear that. It will get better next year though!

Hello folks!

Bex, that sounds delicious :drool:

Helena, enjoy your holiday at home! And especially to play with your pup again :wub:

Adara, that sucks :( I hope you find something asap.

Nym, I'm glad you got things sorted so far. I hope it will all be cleared up very soon.

Tater and Bex, delivering the hard truths as always. :D Good on you!

Hey Bucky!

I agree about the scar thing, I wouldn't care about a scar. I don't go to the beach to be pretty for others. What I've noticed some mothers are bothered with after being pregnant is the stretched skin, which some women can't get back into shape no matter how fit they are.

Hey Bucky!

I agree about the scar thing, I wouldn't care about a scar. I don't go to the beach to be pretty for others. What I've noticed some mothers are bothered with after being pregnant is the stretched skin, which some women can't get back into shape no matter how fit they are.

I agree about not going to the beach to be pretty for others. ;) I love being at the beach and swimming so much that I simply do not care how others see me in that circumstances, although I am very self-conscious otherwise.

In fact, I already have quite a big scar on the side of my belly from some stupid injury, and if I do not care about anybody seeing that, I would not care about any other possible scars either.

Now there is the question: should I go to a meeting of a some society this afternoon?

Pros: might be interesting and useful.

Cons: I have to be out of home for the whole afternoon probably, and have to go cooking lunch now because I would not come back home later, and I am not even hungry yet because I had breakfast so late, and I also have to carry all the heavy books and tap-dancing shoes with me all afternoon then ... and it might be boring, useless and stupid.

Decisions decisions ...

I would not go to the society meeting. I've been to way too many boring ones.

and now I have elves with bows in their hair in my head. I think Elrond should have pink. :leaving: elf hair isn't for me. My Lotr hair style of choice is the dirty messy Shoulder length human hair.

Good luck with house hunting Adara!

I feel like everybody has seen the hobbit (who wanted to anyways) but me. :( I'm feeling better today though so I'm hoping I can make it to the movies on Friday evening.

Anyway, my biological clock woke me up at 6.30 today too... It took who hours to go back to sleep :lol:

Thanks folks. I'm planning to get drunk tomorrow evening, cause this will fix things :P

No, Hubby is having his work christmas party tomorrow and I have a bottle of wine. Sounds reasonable, eh? :lol:

Scars: I have a pretty bad ass scar on my left upper arm. When people ask me about it, I always say: Oh, that wasn't much. Just a knife. And they go like: WTF?! :huh: and I just smile and say: well I am here. He is not.

Of course "he" is not here. It was my rabbit. I was five years old and tried to get him out of his box to clean it and he scratched me.. As said, I was five years old. So I poked on the scratch until it was a damn big scar that made me look like a pirate. :rolleyes:

I would not go to the society meeting. I've been to way too many boring ones.

and now I have elves with bows in their hair in my head. I think Elrond should have pink. :leaving: elf hair isn't for me. My Lotr hair style of choice is the dirty messy Shoulder length human hair.

Good luck with house hunting Adara!

I feel like everybody has seen the hobbit (who wanted to anyways) but me. :( I'm feeling better today though so I'm hoping I can make it to the movies on Friday evening.

Anyway, my biological clock woke me up at 6.30 today too... It took who hours to go back to sleep :lol:

I just realised I might go and then come back home to drop the school stuff and pick up the dancing lesson stuff, so I do not have to carry everything around. I can also leave earlier if it turns out to be boring, so I think I will go.

:lol: Yes, exactly those bows I had in mind.

I have not seen the Hobbit, and I want! Tickets were sold out. :( So I and the valonqar will probably go during the holidays, that is, after Christmas.

I could not get back to sleep after driving to the city at 2 AM either. I was really tired physically, but just enough alert that it kept me awake ... I just have to survive today, and then tomorrow I do not have any lessons nor have to go anywhere else, so I can sort my sleep pattern out ... somehow.

Scars: I have a pretty bad ass scar on my left upper arm. When people ask me about it, I always say: Oh, that wasn't much. Just a knife. And they go like: WTF?! :huh: and I just smile and say: well I am here. He is not.

Of course "he" is not here. It was my rabbit. I was five years old and tried to get him out of his box to clean it and he scratched me.. As said, I was five years old. So I poked on the scratch until it was a damn big scar that made me look like a pirate. :rolleyes:

Arrrr! :pirate: I sometimes say my "badass" scar was caused by a shark.

I really cut myself on the rocks after jumping headfirst into the sea at the wrong angle in too shallow water. I do not jump there anymore.

let's face it ,elves are just too gay for me :lol:

about scars , i have some , opinions vary . some said they're badass , some have called them cute others said ugly . :dunno:

eta: hope you get to see it soon rhae . you too bucky .

I just realised I might go and then come back home to drop the school stuff and pick up the dancing lesson stuff, so I do not have to carry everything around. I can also leave earlier if it turns out to be boring, so I think I will go.

:lol: Yes, exactly those bows I had in mind.

I have not seen the Hobbit, and I want! Tickets were sold out. :( So I and the valonqar will probably go during the holidays, that is, after Christmas.

I could not get back to sleep after driving to the city at 2 AM either. I was really tired physically, but just enough alert that it kept me awake ... I just have to survive today, and then tomorrow I do not have any lessons nor have to go anywhere else, so I can sort my sleep pattern out ... somehow.

Arrrr! :pirate: I sometimes say my "badass" scar was caused by a shark.

I really cut myself on the rocks after jumping headfirst into the sea at the wrong angle in too shallow water. I do not jump there anymore.

I was 200% sure you'd go. :D you are too smart and motivated to miss out on stuff like that. Fingers crossed it won't be boring.

Oh :( hope we see the

Hobbit soon :cheers:

How come you still have lessons? It's exam period for us already. No classes this week.

:D I just have the horse riding scars. When they were fresh everybody thought someone beat me up. I could see the Omfg who did this to her shock in the eyes. It was kinda creepy.

I like the shark story :D

I do not want to see the Hobbit in cinemas. It is a lot of money and I know I will be annoyed by it, having grumbled at the first two already...I would much rather just read the book again

I am on my way home now. Mothership will probably take a coffee break mid journey at the motorway services somewhere

am i the only with an actual bad story for my scars? :lol:

Oh I have one scar at my ellbow from a defence injury. Does it count as a bad story?

I do not want to see the Hobbit in cinemas. It is a lot of money and I know I will be annoyed by it, having grumbled at the first two already...I would much rather just read the book again

I am on my way home now. Mothership will probably take a coffee break mid journey at the motorway services somewhere

Oh you book purist :lol: Do you sing in the car? Something special? You know? :leer:

Archived