Angry Got Fan AMA with GRRM.

redeagl

Yes, I was referring to Robb's widow.

Cat describes Jeyne as a girl with good hips in SOS.

Jaime though considers Jeyne's hips to be narrow in FFC.

The absence of Jeyne's younger sister, Eleyna during Jaime's arrival in Riverrun has led to speculation.

Despite the fact that the Westerlings are bannermen to the Lannisters, and I believe that they are also related, Jaime cannot recall Jeyne.

So according to the theory, the Westerlings presented him with another girl, while Jeyne, being pregnant, had escaped along with BF. Another variation of the theory is that BF, who looks like Robb, could have escaped with Jeyne and impregnated, hoping to continue Robb's line.

Some believe that this theory is based on mistakes and therefore it is not valid. 

The theory looks very interesting though.

• "Not every detail is a clue. Most of your theories are erroneous. They are just words."

I've been saying this times and times again on these forums and people seem to get offended by it.

Anyway, just wanted to say; I told you so! Hah.

I am very happy for this. We don't know the ending yay.

The most important thing is that he's confirming the existence of Blue the Braavosiraptor. All Hail Blue, she's our Queen!
To avoid getting locked, I think we better focus on this information (no spoilers, no show):

• "Not every detail is a clue. Most of your theories are erroneous. They are just words."
  • There is no system to the magic in Westeros.
  • There are dinosaurs in the ASOIAF world
  • "I know who is going to be on the Iron Throne at the end."
  • GRRM will never go back and change things in ASOIAF
  • "There is enough cut written material for an entire other book."

Ready for people to misinterpret what GRRM said about "there is enough cut written material for an entire other book" as there is going to be an 8th ASOIAF novel.

Ready for people to misinterpret what GRRM said about "there is enough cut written material for an entire other book" as there is going to be an 8th ASOIAF novel.

Cut material is not new material.(However i still think that it will end up being 8 books + the cut material.)

Why did you kill the HYPE :frown5:  :crying:  :crying:  :bawl:  ???

Why did you make a new post for every other sentence? Use the damn Edit button instead of double-, triple-, quadruple- and quintiple posting. That's just common Internet courtesy.

Also, quoting a long post only to add one sentence at the end is kind of frowned upon too.

Well of course he's not happy anymore with the show, D&D butchered down so many characters and plot lines with no reason at all. I think they've just been lazy and I can't believe they are the same guys that created the firts four seasons. 

Anyway, I thought it was obvious that he writes with his own characters portrays in mind, they've been with him for more than 20 years and no tv show can change that. 

Why did you make a new post for every other sentence? Use the damn Edit button instead of double-, triple-, quadruple- and quintiple posting. That's just common Internet courtesy.

Also, quoting a long post only to add one sentence at the end is kind of frowned upon too.

Courtesy is a lady's armor do i look like a lady to you ??? And if you want to use "the damn" Edit  button use it.

Writing the last 2 books at the same time literally means nothing, I'm sure he was also writing Feast & Dance at the same time but it still took a decade to release both of them.

This. He was writing AFFC and ADWD povs at the same time, and if you recall there's a note from the author at the end of AFFC where he writes that he hopes to release ADWD the following year. We all now how it ended.

I am sorry but IF GRRM attitude was correctly represented by this guy on twitter, than he comes off as a huge baby.  Why does he go to a public appearance and bash HBO? Be a professional.  He sold the rights to them. Obviously this stuff would happen.  I don't want to hear him complain every few months about the poor business decision he made when he gave away rights to some of his creative material.  

Besides the dinosaur, we have heard pretty much everything he said over and over and over.  (cut characters on HBO, writing sytle, etc.)  

Sounds like Tyrion in going across Essos, "Where do the whores go?" 

Writing the last 2 books at the same time literally means nothing, I'm sure he was also writing Feast & Dance at the same time but it still took a decade to release both of them.

Well DWD was a difficult book to write. Dany's arc, the Meereenese Plot caused several problems to GRRM. From the wiki:

Now I can explain things. It was a confluence of many, many factors: lets start with the offer from Xaro to give Dany ships, the refusal of which then leads to Qarth's declaration of war. Then there's the marriage of Daenerys to pacify the city. Then there's the arrival of the Yunkish army at the gates of Meereen, there's the order of arrival of various people going her way (TyrionQuentynVictarionAegonMarwyn, etc., and then there's Daario, this dangerous sellsword and the question of whether Dany really wants him or not, there's the plague, there's Drogon's return to Meereen...

All of these things were balls I had thrown up into the air, and they're all linked and chronologically entwined. The return of Drogon to the city was something I explored as happening at different times. For example, I wrote three different versions of Quentyn's arrival at Meereen: one where he arrived long before Dany's marriage, one where he arrived much later, and one where he arrived just the day before the marriage (which is how it ended up being in the novel). And I had to write all three versions to be able to compare and see how these different arrival points affected the stories of the other characters. Including the story of a character who actually hasn't arrived yet

Let us hope that WOW and DOS will not contain such demanding storylines.

I am sorry but IF GRRM attitude was correctly represented by this guy on twitter, than he comes off as a huge baby.  Why does he go to a public appearance and bash HBO? Be a professional.  He sold the rights to them. Obviously this stuff would happen.  I don't want to hear him complain every few months about the poor business decision he made when he gave away rights to some of his creative material.  

Besides the dinosaur, we have heard pretty much everything he said over and over and over.  (cut characters on HBO, writing sytle, etc.)  

Sounds like Tyrion in going across Essos, "Where do the whores go?" 

The guy who interviewed GRRM is Angry GOT fan so what do you think ??

Well DWD was a difficult book to write. Dany's arc, the Meereenese Plot caused several problems to GRRM. From the wiki:

Let us hope that WOW and DOS will not contain such demanding storylines.

And after all that work it turned out to be that Meeren plot is the most boring thing in ADWD. After all that work.

i like that he admitted that show tyrion is nothing like book tyrion

How could he say anything different, really? I mean, Tyrion is his favourite character, and he's written him a certain way... How could he say vanilla St Tyrion from the show is anything like the character he wrote? Btw, I'm also glad he mentioned this, very glad.

Courtesy is a lady's armor do i look like a lady to you ??? And if you want to use "the damn" Edit  button use it.

It would actually be very preferable that you use the mutiQuote button to reply to multiple posts at once rather than make a new post for each post you're responding to, especially when the posts in question are so short like this.

It would actually be very preferable that you use the mutiQuote button to reply to multiple posts at once rather than make a new post for each post you're responding to, especially when the posts in question are so short like this.

Ok thanks.(I have never used the multiQuote button before.)

This is for those who believe that Tyrion will be a hero to save the world.

There are many subtle clues pointing that Tyrion is turning into a monster.

Tyrion is quite obviously one of the heroes of the series, even if he has been a monster at some points (which is not subtle at all lol, but nice try).

This is brilliant. In theory he could release loads and loads of bonus chapters and insert them into the original series.

I interpret it in the opposite way. I think if George had really good editors, another book might have been cut and we would have been one book further than where we are now.

Archived