Theories on Benjen Stark?

Rickyhunt

Where is he? Is he dead? Has he become a wight or an Other? Will he return? Why did he disappear? If alive what is he doing?

There are many questions and theories on Benjen. I actually just watched a video on YouTube saying he is in The Land Of Always Winter and he is trying to discover mysteries about the White Walkers.

What do you think?

After my first read, I thought he's Coldhands. But now I'm sure he's not.

My guess is that he's somewhere in the Land of Always Winter. Probably on a mission for the Children.

I just can't believe that he's been on his own the whole time, and I refuse to believe he's dead.

And yes, we'll see him again somehow. Most likely when we also see more of the Others, and shit goes down at the Wall.

By the way, imagine if this mystery remains a mystery at the end. Imagine if Martin decides not everything has to be known.  :frown5:

By the way, imagine if this mystery remains a mystery at the end. Imagine if Martin decides not everything has to be known.  :frown5:

Pretty sure that he's already made that his mantra. We'll certainly never know everything. Like what the Dornish Letter entailed, how Maegor died, stuff like that. Whether we won't see Benjen again is another matter.

If it's true that "There must always be a Stark in Winterfell," then one possibility is that Benjen is the mysterious hooded figure who crosses Theon's path in ADwD. All the other Starks are accounted for at that point.

I've thought about that too. I think it more likely, though, that the hooded man is the Blackfish.

I think he is a pow in always winter, and the WW are using his blood a la Melisandre, now that you mention the fact about him not being alone.. If benjen took a trip to always winter this would mirror the last hero, the last hero went there alone with his dog, now this is wishful thinking in no way im sure this will happen, but how awesome would be if Benjen's dog its the Diredaddy of the Starks wolves?

Captured by the Other(s). The whole series begin with White Walkers attacking some rangers trailing Wildlings. The White Walkers have a conversation in the Old tongue before killing Royce, wighting him to kill Will, and letting Gared flee unmolested. If the words were translated they would likely have been: "Are any of these Starks?", "No, none have the blood we are looking for", "Kill them then or let them go, either way they are of no significance". The Other(s) seem to have started their full on invasion shortly after Benjen vanished. Dollars to donuts they need a Stark to defeat the Wall and that is Benjen's purpose.

He will reveal to Jon the connection between Starks and Others, while Bran will help Jon complete his Winterfell crypt dream and reveal his parentage. With that new knowledge and Bran and Benjen at his side, Jon will become King of Winter and wipe out Night's Watch and continue march South.

He's dead.  He was used a plot device to get Jon to the Wall then he needed to leave so Jon could find his own way.  He is for sure not Coldhands as that doesn't fit what we know about him.  He is not the hooded man in Winterfell, neither is the Blackfish.  The hooded man is Harwin(IMO).  He may come back as wight, but that would be it.  

Archived