Design Issues

Linda

This thread is for posting about issues with the current forum design, in particular the colour scheme. Posts should be accompanied by a screenshot that clearly illustrates the issue being reported.

Please note a couple of things before posting:

The basic layout is not something we can influence to any noticeable degree. The skin is based on the skin that the forum software ships with and doing an entirely new skin is not feasible.

We're primarily looking for things that cause problems, such as colours that aren't distinct enough or seem to mis-matched.As we have to go through and manually tweak each colour from the default, it is entirely possible that we have missed some of the original blue colours, for example.

In the private messages section, it would be helpful if the text of the message you are currently reading (which is a dark red color background in the left menu) would have white text to make it easier to read. Currently the text is gray.

Also the more muted reds are better, thank you for that. However, the "Reply to this topic" and "Compose New" buttons are still bright red. The "Submit Reply" and "Save" buttons are the new more muted color. So if the others could be changed to that, it would be nice.

Nothing that is a bug but I find combination of red/grey with a rather modern look together with beige fantasy theme on the background rather too colourful in a definitely not good way. The background is too vivid and is distracting from the actual content of the forum. More neutral colour like some shade of grey, black or white would be much better.

Also for some reason I see the background as an image on my tablet but only as a colour on my PC. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On November 18, 2015 at 7:16 PM, Linda said:

This thread is for posting about issues with the current forum design, in particular the colour scheme. Posts should be accompanied by a screenshot that clearly illustrates the issue being reported.

How do we go about posting these screenshots?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived